IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait. Is Lyric's mom seriously griping about her touch screen not working after the police took it?

For real?

These people have said way, way too much to the media. Like, I think they honestly believed that if they stayed quiet, people would suspect them, so they started running off at the mouth to HLN thinking it would make them, on the surface, look like they were cooperating.

"We've done extensive interviews, hours at a time, we've done polygraphs, we have taken many phone calls, answered many questions," she said. "We've given our phones up, all of our data has been, you know, taken off of our phones. In fact, my sister['s] and my phone is now not, our touch screens aren't working very well. So we've cooperated to the fullest."

Trying to catch up after my lunch break...

After all the comments/posts made by our wonderful locals (can't thank you guys enough for keeping us in the loop...*high five*) stating unequivocally that this was NOT a lake people would swim in...why would LE continue to make it seem as if there is a possibility they went for a swim and drown. Searching for evidence/bodies (forgive me for being crude) is one thing, but to make it seem like it could have been some sort of swimming accident, is an insult.

Also, I work with lawyers and police officers and I can tell you first hand...if ever being questioned by the police in regard to any crime, you should have a lawyer present, unless you are well versed in questioning tactics, your rights, the rights/procedures/process of LE, penal codes...etc. You can be as innocent as apple pie and they can twist your words and make it sound like you just robbed the Pope.

OK I'm not finished reading all the thread yet. I thought that the grandmother had legal custody of Lyric and her brother. I also remember reading that the dad was at home with his 16 year old son a the time Lyric went missing. Has this been verified yet? Also, is the 16 year old son Lyric's brother that the grandmother has legal custody of or is this another son of his? I guess there is no restraining order that is keeping his kids away from him regardless of the heavy drug charges against him. JMO
back to reading xo

Dad said was at home, taking a nap, when he got the call about the missing girls, allegedly.

We will switch to the press conference once it starts. Until then, you will see the radar feed.
by Aaron Hepker - KCRG 5:00 PM

I was seeing the weather - now just black. Presser hasn't started.

Conf begins around 4p. Expect ?s: drain stop, FBI crews, family attny. Rmbr major dvlpmnts would prompt sep briefing. #EvansdaleSearch
by AdamKWWL7 via twitter 5:02 PM

Wait. Is Lyric's mom seriously griping about her touch screen not working after the police took it?

For real?

These people have said way, way too much to the media. Like, I think they honestly believed that if they stayed quiet, people would suspect them, so they started running off at the mouth to HLN thinking it would make them, on the surface, look like they were cooperating.

I would gripe as well. Police tear your stuff to pieces!! Her child might call her!!

Not attacking you :)

JMO JME

Q have any search warrants been issued?
A: can't comment

Uh oh :(

We are having technical problems that are preventing us from going live. We sincerely apologize.
by Aaron Hepker - KCRG 5:06 PM
Won't say if Daniel and Misty are suspects
by Chris Essig - Courier via mobile 5:06 PM
The press conference is visible on KWWL-TV and KWWL.com.
by Aaron Hepker - KCRG 5:05 PM
They are hoping to start sometime after 6
by Chris Essig - Courier via mobile 5:05 PM
Divers will be here tomorrow
Leads coming in...Stopped draining lake: FBI bringing in "specialized" equipment" tomorrow
http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdale_search/

I do realize that HC has some health issues, and I believe I read to they are at an undisclosed location...but is it known if they have obtained a lawyer or been advised by one? Is anyone speaking on their behalf?? ......it may just be me, but I sense a disconnect of sorts between the couples.

I agree that the behavioral differences in reaction to the girls going missing between the Collins family and Morrisey family (plus aut Tammy) have been striking. One comment Elizabeth's Mom made very early on has stuck with me (sorry I don't have a link but it was in MSM) was something to the effect that "Elizabeth would not have gone far from home but could have been convinced(persuaded) by her cousin". Also with all the scrutiny on the Morrisey's due to their past and current drug/battery issues, I find it very telling that the Collins have not made any public comments supporting Misty or Dan.

Misty and Dan may not have anything to do with the girls disappearance, but I would think it very normal for the Collins to suspect them or thier acquaintances and I believe this may be causing friction within the family. The Collins may be even more frustrated by the fact that they took in Lyric for several years when her mother was incarcerated and she violated parole fairly recently.

Do not mean to project my feelings onto these families, but it would be understandable to me if this type of tension exists.

"We've done extensive interviews, hours at a time, we've done polygraphs, we have taken many phone calls, answered many questions," she said. "We've given our phones up, all of our data has been, you know, taken off of our phones. In fact, my sister['s] and my phone is now not, our touch screens aren't working very well. So we've cooperated to the fullest."

I truly believe these people are innocent & this was a crime of opportunity..JMO

No comment about Daniel's criminal history. Authorities knew on Friday about the criminal history
by Chris Essig - Courier via mobile 5:06 PM

Jim Spellman just reported on HLN that not really fair to state that too many resources are being spent focusing on the lake...only couple people monitoring it...want to be absolutely sure nothing in it.

I felt during the mom's interview with Anderson cooper that she acted strange..Smiling and seeming happy and then tears.. It struck me as odd. I also felt a that time that the girls were taken to an abandoned builing near a well or water...maybe waterloo. This is just a feeling I had when I listened to the mother...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thecovert