IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't find anything especially great about the fact that Lyric's parents were open about their past drug convictions. They knew it would come out. Maybe they were doing it because they put their daughter first, but, they certainly had NOT been putting her first.

i can come in a little handy today since my job is a "transcriber" for lawyers and the court lol. The reporter DEF. asked about a cellphone and rv [inaudible]. If I would guess I would say she said "as of yesterday"

Right at the 3:26 marker...thanks!

can you comment on misty morrison's cell phone and a (or in a) car being ________ yesterday.

This is what I hear. I can't make out the word in the blank, there's too much noise over the top of her voice. Anyone else???

vandalized?

I don't think I hear vandalized.

I have listened over and over and I *think* she says "in a car being pulled over yesterday" - she says whatever it is reallysuperfast. I definitely do not hear anything about an RV in her sentence.

The closest I can come is "Can you comment on Misty Morrissy's cell phone in a car being pulled over yesterday?"

Does anyone else hear these words too? I really think that's what she said.

can you comment on misty morrison's cell phone and a (or in a) car being ________ yesterday.

This is what I hear. I can't make out the word in the blank, there's too much noise over the top of her voice. Anyone else???

Sounds like car being "towed" yesterday. :waitasec:

I also noticed that the judge admended the no contact order today to them only being able to be around each other in public and in police presence. I guess they did have a problem with them staying in a hotel together.

And a court order has kept him and Misty Morrissey apart since October 2011.

Despite the order, the two have appeared in public a number of times in the days following the disappearance, both at Meyers Lake in Evandale and on national television.

On Friday, Judge James Coil changed the order to allow the two to be together in relation to the missing person investigation.

Daniel and Misty Morrissey “may have personal contact and may be in the presence of one another in public in connection with the ongoing investigation concerning their daughter while also in the presence of law enforcement officials,” the order reads.

Read More: http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/up...296-11e1-b0a4-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz21DBzIdGz

MOO

Hey peeps. :wave:

Remember that at WS we have to link to a mainstream media (MSM) story and must consider other info as rumor.

If a poster is local or knows the persons involved in a case, there is a very simple verification process available and you can PM any on-duty mod to ask for details of how to get verified.

Meantime, we have to respect the privacy of persons who have not been officially named suspects in any particular case.

Let me know if you have any questions, and thank you all for dedicating your efforts to finding Lyric & Elizabeth!

I sure hope it isn't because they learned of the parents past. These little girls need to be found and removing the fb page for them just seems mean

There was a lot of uh... how do I say it? Stuff posted in the comments that I wouldn't want shared with the world and it was a public page. I am thinking they changed it to a closed group to have a little more control over who posts and what is posted? (sorry if this is a repeat theory I'm still a little behind)

I sure hope it isn't because they learned of the parents past. These little girls need to be found and removing the fb page for them just seems mean

I would be extremely surprised if this was the case.

If MCM's current love interest is actively involved with drug use or is a known felon, would she not then be in violation of her conditions by associating with him (whomever he may be) ?

MCM has stated that they have been open about their pasts and whatever has happened in the past is something they have moved forward from as a family. Uh, she was only released in MAY. May. Not sure how quickly the entire family could move past several years of drug addiction, crime, and incarceration but I think less than three months is pushing it.

Now that the lake has been ruled out. I'd Like to hear others opinions on what may have happened. Does the majority think they made to the lake by riding on the trail (would explain the dogs tracking the scent)?
Or is it likely they were abducted somewhere else and the bikes/purse discarded there?
Imo, I don't think the family is involved nor do I think its related to the drug issues. I do think its possible that they made it to the lake riding the trail and whatever happened did so at that spot where the bikes were found....but that's about all I've got

I would be incredibly, incredibly surprised if they were wearing pants. It was cooler and not as humid that Friday but it was still warm.

I'm thinking that the video may have been shot in black and white, which seems to be very common with security cameras.

Unless they are some seriously grainy cameras or the girls were really far away (too far away to ID them for sure even?) I would think they could at least tell if they were wearing shorts or pants, light or dark in color, flip-flops or other sturdier shoes. I don't know, only my opinion, but I have a feeling they do know more than they're releasing. (at least I hope so!)

I would like the locals to share their opinions of where people supposedly go to buy drugs, etc, ya know the sketchy scarey places?? - what is a specific area with the worst reputation overall??
Curious to see if locals think the same, or have different opinions.

WOW, that is awful. I'm sorry I know it's unrelated to this case but that makes me shiver just thinking about it. I always worry about friends/relatives finding out this kind of news via news stories or websites when they release an identity too soon but finding out on FACEBOOK? Ugh.

There was a case around here a year or two ago where a guy kidnapped his girlfriend's child and they ended up in the canal/river (or at least his car did). More here: http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011...dnapping-suspects-vehicle-in-patterson-canal/ what I remember most about that time is how many OTHER cars they pulled out of the canal before finding the one they were actually looking for. It made me so sad to think how many families probably got the answers they needed months or even years after the fact when that was going on.

If it is any comfort, I recall a similar case in Illinois near Chicago years ago. One car was seen skidding into a river and as they looked for it, they kept pulling other cars out of the water.

LE identified most of those cars as stolen and having been disposed of after a run through a chop shop or being involved in some other crime. None of them were associated with drowning victims except the one car they were looking for.

I don't find anything especially great about the fact that Lyric's parents were open about their past drug convictions. They knew it would come out. Maybe they were doing it because they put their daughter first, but, they certainly had NOT been putting her first.

Please tell me at this is not in response to my post. Becasue if it is, you have severely misrepresented what I said.
Let me say it as c l e a r l y as possible to avoid being misconstrued.

DM had pending drug charges. He allowed a search by LE without a warrant. He allowed LE access to his cell phone without a warrant. He took a polygraph. He put his legal troubles ahead of his daughter? No, he did not...

Misty has very recently been sent back to prison for violating the terms of her release, so she knows one little slip up and she's back in. She too, allowed LE access to her phone, her residence, and took a polygraph. Is this putting herself first? No, it is not.

It is crazy if one is involved in criminal activity to give LE free access to all of your personal business. Every criminal knows this. And yet, these two folks did, Becasue in this instance they put their daughter first.

Could girls of come across someone they knew doing illegal stuff and the perp thought they would tell someone? So they kidnapped them?

There was a lot of uh... how do I say it? Stuff posted in the comments that I wouldn't want shared with the world and it was a public page. I am thinking they changed it to a closed group to have a little more control over who posts and what is posted? (sorry if this is a repeat theory I'm still a little behind)

OK so group has changed to closed group? OK i get that n reasons will join thank xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member