IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again for your great insight. I think a few of us (if not more) thought his sighting seemed a bit odd..especially considering his window for watering his lawn was three hours.

Ok… somewhat new here again…. And I am have been on and off of here so someone may have brought this subject up before…
The thing that just hit me like a ton of bricks is….
How dry is it up in that area??? Although I do realize that we do still have a few ignorant people in this world that water their lawns in the middle and the hottest time of the day… But a middle age to older gentleman would know not to water his lawn at that time…. Just seams odd to me.

It is even possible that the last time she disappeared, she might have been with her father. Him telling the mother to call the cops (then telling Lyric to hurry home) would have been a good way to throw suspicion off of her having been there, if indeed she wasn't supposed to be. If someone knew that she had snuck over there once, it would have been easy to lure her into thinking she was going to see him again.

SBM

The first time Lyric was late home, she was with her cousin, KB (around the same age).

I could see a child that age keeping a secret like that but only if nothing had happened to Lyric. Lyric having disappeared, I believe KB would have spilled the beans ASAP.

IMO no one drowns in this lake because no one would want to swim in it.

Locals: Does anyone actually swim there?

Now that the case is starting to go more and more national and that the family is starting to be put under a spotlight, it doesn't surprise me at all that an attorney (or multiple) would offer up some "free" legal advice. Happens all the time in high profile cases.

MOO

thanks for posting this... was just bringing the link over....

not surprised they have an attorney at all. I am not sure it means anything other than they have an attorney.:moo:

I was thinking too nursie, that with Dan having ongoing legal/criminal issues that have yet to be tried, any attorney advising him regarding that matter would almost invariably prefer Dan not be taking polys about this matter.

Wednesday family members said officials interrogated Dan Morrissey the day before and accused him of killing the girls.

Up to this point law enforcement officials have said the family had cooperated with the investigation "100 percent."

Read More: http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/up...128-11e1-af57-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz2164Bo07B

If the investigation has turned to focus too intently (IMO) on the family I might be tempted to hire an attorney at this point too - to advise me on how to navigate these waters.

I don't think i've heard of people drowning in that lake, but there has been dead bodies located at the mitchell ave. sand pits in waterloo, which LE checked for the girls

Is the interaction between waterloo and e'dale residents pretty consistent and common or is it like two seperate worlds? I know waterloo is the bigger city and e'dale is the small town next to it...just wondering how intertwind they are. For example, I live in a smaller city outside of Los Angeles and even though we are a hop skip and a jump away from each other...we could be worlds apart.

Do any locals here know if anyone else has ever drowned in this lake? If so, how long did it take to find them ?

Not that I've ever heard about. I can't find anyone who's ever witnessed a person in the water there. I can remember occasionally seeing a fishing boat out on the lake, but its rare.

The thing with that lake is that it is shallow by the shore, it very gradually slopes from anywhere you can approach the water easily, and that gradual slope is muddy. My kids are 9 & 4, I have no problem with them approaching the water's edge (except it smells and is green and murky and gross) and falling in, because even laying down 3 ft into the water they'd likely not go under the surface. It would take several muddy steps for me to get out deep enough to get my hair wet, obviously much less for children, but as the lake has drained, the shoreline has been revealed, and we haven't heard of any prints or disturbances of the bottom anywhere near the shore, which I would think would be all but impossible to avoid in order to get to a deeper spot.

thanks for posting this... was just bringing the link over....

not surprised they have an attorney at all. I am not sure it means anything other than they have an attorney.:moo:
I would guess that an attorney contacted them and offered his services pro bono. Lots of exposure for him as their attorney.

I was thinking too nursie, that with Dan having ongoing legal/criminal issues that have yet to be tried, any attorney advising him regarding that matter would almost invariably prefer Dan not be taking polys about this matter.

Wednesday family members said officials interrogated Dan Morrissey the day before and accused him of killing the girls.

Up to this point law enforcement officials have said the family had cooperated with the investigation "100 percent."

Read More: http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/up...128-11e1-af57-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz2164Bo07B

If the investigation has turned to focus too intently (IMO on the family) I might be tempted to hire an attorney at this point to - to advise me on how to navigate these waters.

Just wanted to emphasize the pinked part that I have heard and read LE say several times that the whole family has totally cooperated with them and the investigation.

Ok… somewhat new here again…. And I am have been on and off of here so someone may have brought this subject up before…
How dry is it up in that area??? Although I do realize that we do still have a few ignorant people in this world that water their lawns in the middle and the hottest time of the day… But a middle age to older gentleman would know not to water his lawn at that time…. Just seams odd to me.

FIRST...WELCOME!!!!

Second...I agree. At first I thought he just wasn't sure what time he went out to water the grass (sometime between 12 and 3) but I can't imagine someone losing track of time for three hours. I could see saying... I went out to water the grass around 12 or 1...but somewhere between 12 and 3?????

I was confused as to why they rushed to the lake too! Especially since the grandmother is quoted as saying she doesn't think the girls would even know the way to the lake. Very confusing case.

I'm so far behind... this thread is moving fast! (awesome if it helps the girls) When did Grandma say they didn't know the way to the lake? I thought before I saw she said they wouldn't go that far but it seems like they'd know the way there?

I am surrounded by middle to older age people. One gentle waters during the day even though it isn't helping his lawn. I think he is purely bored.
JMO

“The girls rode their bikes right by our house,” Carpenter said. “We see them practically all the time ride their bikes right past our house, but they come down and turn around in the street.” - Robert Carpenter

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...tigators-bring-dogs-search-missing-Iowa-girls

This just bugs me, tbh. Apparently he lives in the 1000 block of Lake Ave, which would be within a block of the police station. Standing in his street, looking north you'd see the police station, looking south you'd see the woods by the pump house. One block east of there would be the trail, which goes all the way north up to Lafayette (couple blocks from Collins' home), and south one block, the trail turns and heads to where the bikes were found. The next block over (opposite the direction of the trail) would be Evans, the main N-S road thru town, again with the PD on it. What is considered the "main" entrance to the lake, where the playground, docks, parking area is, would be just a couple blocks to the west.

So for the girls to be consistently and repeatedly riding up and down this street, turning around on this block, is just odd. You are a block from the trail in two different directions, and a few blocks from the park. Those locations seem to be natural bike-riding, traveling, stopping, turning-around points. To get to this block from the Collins' home, most efficiently, would require biking down one of the busiest roads in town (with sidewalks, btw), then to cross thru one of the busiest intersections, right in front of the PD, only to turn around within the next block. If you came that far, seems you'd just continue to the trail. I suppose if you were coming from the trail, you might turn before you had to cross Gilbert (busy-ish), but why would anyone, riding the trail, choose to get off, ride a block, turn, ride a block, then turn around, all when staying on the trail keeps you off the road, leads around the lake, etc. I know kids can't be assumed to do what's logical, but living right here, that just doesn't make sense to me. Unless, perhaps, they know someone on that block.

But again, from what we've heard from family, getting this far away - repeatedly and consistently - wasn't happening.

I guess I'm saying, for kids riding to/from the lake, the Lake Ave is like the least likely route to take, or even to turn off onto, much less do it all the time and turn around there.

I agree. Either he's confusing some other girls for Lyric and Elizabeth or they had some reason to be there...visiting someone on that street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14