IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pic 1: Past the grassy area, looking west.

Pic 2: As the trail turns north to Arbutus, looking west.

Pic 3: From same location as last, looking north. Kids are 3/4 way to Arbutus (and likely out of focus as I'm yelling for them to approach the intersection with caution).

Pic 4: From Arbutus, facing southwest past the houseless garage.

Pic 5: I'm sure its been thoroughly investigated, so I'm not at all suspicious. But I'd sure like to know the story behind this place. Windowless house or houseless garage? I dunno.

The person who owns the garage keeps his "toys" in there. He has a couple jeeps, a lawn mower..just basic "guy" things.

I've been giving some thought to Lyric's father's upcoming drug trial. The judge has increased his pretrial supervision. Could the girls have been taken and threatened to insure he does not roll over on people higher up on the meth food chain? I personally know two people who have been offered good plea deals if only they give names, etc of their suppliers. These people did not choose to take the lesser sentences and did longer time because they knew if they rolled that someone close to them would suffer for it.

I've thought of that too. He was planning to accept a plea bargain, but changed his mind and opted for a trial the day before the girls disappeared. I've wondered if a threat had been made earlier (and that's why they panicked and called the police when Lyric was a little late a few days earlier.) It could be a way to keep him from changing his mind again. If that's the case, the girls may show up once the trial is over (the one he would have testified at.) Unless I'm confused again and it was a different case where the father was supposed to testify against someone.

What seems odd to me is that the bikes were not stolen from the park, once they were abandoned. People will come right up on a porch and take something they want. imo

FYI: Today's #evansdalesearch briefing by the FBI will be carried live on KCRG-TV9 & KCRG.com at 3pm.

What does "increased pretrial supervision" mean? Does it mean that he has to meet with people more often to make sure he doesn't run away? Does it mean that people associated with the court or LE are checking in with him to make sure he doesn't run away? Or is it a different type of...not punishment, but that's the only word I can think of...like instead of waiting in jail for your trial, you get to be out of jail and just...supervised. And the period of time for which he gets to be out of jail and supervised has been increased?

I have only heard LE state two times - last seen @ 12:15 and bike found @ 4:00. LE has not said the perp only had 5 minutes to abduct and disappear.

I think by now LE has already unturned that particular stone. At no time has this biker been implicated by LE as being anything other than a good citizen reporting something he thought might be important. JMO

We also have no idea if it's been confirmed that it was even the girl's bikes that he saw.

But if it was, is it possible that there were two vehicles involved here. One took the girls one way, the other took the bikes the other way. They could have been grabbed right at the end of the street outside the scope of that surveillance video for all we know. And the person with the bikes knew just the spot to dump them to make it look like a drowning. Or an abduction while out on a bike ride much farther away from where it actually happened.

MOO

Re: the biker who swerved to miss the bikes. We are dragging him into our conversations just because he happened to report seeing the bikes which seems unfair. Sure, he could be the abductor and trying to insert himself into the investigation, but IMO he's just an average guy who probably now wishes he'd never reported those bikes to LE.

And unless something is said by LE that this guy is in any way connected to these two missing girls, I think we ought to quit speculating about him. JMO.

I don't know that its this guy. I haven't seen him or anything about him, really. I just kinda have a gut that the girls are alive and are fighters. I think it was an opportunity thing. Can't shake the feeling that it could be someone connected with the university and biking community there. When I lived in Iowa city, a lot of people drove to a trail with their bikes attached to their vehicles. Could be the case here.

Not so much in ruralish Iowa. We didn't lock our doors there. As of this May.

What seems odd to me is that the bikes were not stolen from the park, once they were abandoned. People will come right up on a porch and take something they want. imo

It's more odd to me that only one person went along that trail between 12:20pm and 4:00pm and saw the bikes.

:waitasec:

MOO

I've been giving some thought to Lyric's father's upcoming drug trial. The judge has increased his pretrial supervision. Could the girls have been taken and threatened to insure he does not roll over on people higher up on the meth food chain? I personally know two people who have been offered good plea deals if only they give names, etc of their suppliers. These people did not choose to take the lesser sentences and did longer time because they knew if they rolled that someone close to them would suffer for it.

This is something to ponder also.... The parents may believe that they are not going to be hurt and will be returned and that would explain a few of their emotions...

For the most part, meth users make their own these days, or know someone who does. I don't know if it is really a matter of a chain of drug dealers as with cocaine, marijuana, etc...JMO

This is something to ponder also.... The parents may believe that they are not going to be hurt and will be returned and that would explain a few of their emotions...

The reason for my above questions was that if the time the dad gets to spend not in jail has been recently increased...I wonder if this situation figures into that and if this is a thing that could be staged to mitigate an upcoming jail sentence.

It's more odd to me that only one person went along that trail between 12:20pm and 4:00pm and saw the bikes.

MOO

Also, didn't the Bike Rider say they were right in the way ON the Path?

And LE said they were leaning up against the fence...?

So someone would have had to have moved them...

We also have no idea if it's been confirmed that it was even the girl's bikes that he saw.

But if it was, is it possible that there were two vehicles involved here. One took the girls one way, the other took the bikes the other way. They could have been grabbed right at the end of the street outside the scope of that surveillance video for all we know. And the person with the bikes knew just the spot to dump them to make it look like a drowning. Or an abduction while out on a bike ride much farther away from where it actually happened.

MOO

Good post Kamille, I have always felt the girls were taken from that closed post office parking lot. Sure, dogs picked up scent in the bushes, but someone in the know could have laid clothing down belonging to both girls for a period of time and then scooped it up. just imo The clothing could have been planted for the scent days before the abduction.

MOO

That we know of...but very good point.

MOO

Anything is possible. You make some valid points.

Do we know if there was any other witnesses at all? Either of the girls spotted making their way down to the lake or even the girls being bundled into a vehicle?

I can't believe that the only witness that saw the girls after the camera/grandmother was the guy that lives very close to the lake between 12-3pm?

I'm really confused with this case.:banghead:

Good post Kamille, I have always felt the girls were taken from that closed post office parking lot. Sure, dogs picked up scent in the bushes, but someone in the know could have laid clothing down belonging to both girls for a period of time and then scooped it up. just imo The clothing could have been planted for the scent days before the abduction.

The girls could have been abducted somewhere and the bikes were rode by couple of persons - maybe teenagers/men and they staged a scene to place the bikes and finally decided to leave it on the fence with the purse on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish