IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When the girls were at the store, did they have money?
Did they buy anything like the energy drinks?

That small window of time has nagged at me from the beginning. I do not believe the girls got to the lake in 5 minutes. No way, no day. They would've not only covered the 1.5 miles, but managed to dismount their bikes, lie them down and gone far enough away from them that the cyclist never saw or heard them. I say that is highly unlikely.

That's 18MPH per this calculator (1.5 miles in 5 mins) ...

http://www.arkansasrunner.com/calculators/mileperhr.htm

It's a downhill ride towards a river, which for an adult on a road bike sounds about right (JMO). For two young kids it's too fast to ride it and be off the bikes and hidden from view by the time Ted was there at 12:20 (JMO).

Are we absolutely 100% sure of the 12:15 time on the surv video? Maybe the clock on that DVR was off or maybe we are getting ballpark info and reading too much into the times.

...I didn't want to say it, but yes. It crossed my mind.

I posted this earlier, but for some reason I really feel as though the girls are camping in an RV somewhere with a "friend" of the family and have no idea they are even being searched for. Hoping this whole thing is completely a scam for either the reward money or attention, because that means the girls are safe.

I just think something isn't adding up, and now the VM suddenly appearing makes me wonder even more. I don't think all of the parties are involved in this scheme either.

I used to teach at an alternative school, and 95% of my student's parents were meth users. You just never know what craziness develops from meth user's brains. Or what's left of their brains, anyway.

Are we certain that the video camera that saw them in the Big N Tall pking lot is set at the exact right time? Maybe it was actually 12:10 or 12:05.

By the way it makes me feel bad to even say they may be involved.

My reason for letting that thought linger in the back of my head was the FBI saying they have reason to believe the girls are alive and family/close friends are being less than cooperative. When I read that, a red flag was raised and I though MAYBE the family could be involved and this could be some sick scheme for attention and money...like those people who fake having cancer to get the money from benefits done in their name. JMO. Actually, I'd prefer if that is what happened because that would mean the girls are alive and well and didn't drown, weren't abducted & tortured, etc. again, MOO.

Is Ollipop now a verified local/insider in this case? I noticed that he mentioned a WS Admin talked to him this morning.

I hope the other locals will also get verified so we can confirm some of the information we think we know.

So have we confirmed confirmed that it is 1220 and not 1227? When I last read most places were still saying 1227 but I am assuming an LE source corrected that time?

Timelines can be somewhat off though. He said he estimated the time he saw the girls based off his last phone call. He could have sucked at estimating. I do and have estimated that it takes 10 minutes to get somewhere when it really takes 5 or 20. Or, the camera at Big and Tall could be a few minutes off-close, but enough to give some leeway either way.

I don't see any specific reason to think of bike guy as a suspect. Seems like he had a regular routine that could be backed up pretty easily by others and seems like he would have had to abduct them on bike which seems sort of difficult. Of course, I am hoping LE is taking a closer look.

What was the couples name that saw the girls between 12-3? TIA

Re: the biker who swerved to miss the bikes. We are dragging him into our conversations just because he happened to report seeing the bikes which seems unfair. Sure, he could be the abductor and trying to insert himself into the investigation, but IMO he's just an average guy who probably now wishes he'd never reported those bikes to LE.

And unless something is said by LE that this guy is in any way connected to these two missing girls, I think we ought to quit speculating about him. JMO.

I posted this earlier, but for some reason I really feel as though the girls are camping in an RV somewhere with a "friend" of the family and have no idea they are even being searched for. Hoping this whole thing is completely a scam for either the reward money or attention, because that means the girls are safe.

I just think something isn't adding up, and now the VM suddenly appearing makes me wonder even more. I don't think all of the parties are involved in this scheme either.

I used to teach at an alternative school, and 95% of my student's parents were meth users. You just never know what craziness develops from meth user's brains. Or what's left of their brains, anyway.

BBM I actually had the same thought days ago and posted this also.
Just watching the news link above, I have to listen again; but I swear it said LE had evidence that the girls are alive.
:please:

I wonder if anyone can prove this guy to be a regular at this trail? Also wonder what was in his black pouch attached to the bike? Energy drinks?

I hope he is just a guy that had valuable information and not someone else...

I doubt he is the suspect but I had to laugh at the question you presented because he doesnt look as if he has been a regular bike rider on any trail.

I probably would not have noticed that myself .

BBM I actually had the same thought days ago and posted this also.
Just watching the news link above, I have to listen again; but I swear it said LE had evidence that the girls are alive.
:please:

I also saw that on HLN today, they believe the girls are alive. Let's hope it's true.

We know the girls know how to use cell phones, let's pray they contact someone!
I pray they can get to someones cell phone and call out!
Maybe the numbers we talked about on Lyrics dad phone tat LE took???

Respectfully, then how do you explain the fact the kids were off riding bikes when they went missing? I think a reasonable adult would wait til the kids got home, and stash the bikes in the garage before leaving, rather than abandoning the bikes on a trail somewhere!! If this were the case, the parents would have known the kids were off with a family member or friend, and wouldn't have reported them missing! And if the kids thought they were going on a fun trip with someone, why would THEY agree to leave their bikes, purse and cell phone by a lake where anyone could take them? That doesn't make sense to me.

I had another idea come to me this morning, but I haven't really thought it out very well. It is possible that Ted actually saw the bikes earlier than he remembers. I know that when I think back on something that was insignificant at the time, I can't always remember details perfectly. If he had actuallty seen them at about noon, they could have been there checking something out of sight when he rode by, rode back to town for something, and been on the way back when they were seen on the video. When they came back they could have set the bikes against the fence and gone back to where they had been.

It doesn't make as much sense now that I put it in writing, but I'll throw it out here anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow