IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I just wanted to add a thought that had been nagging me about the wooded area-where I live there are certain wooded areas along the Mississippi river and parks/ trails that are notorious anonymous sex hookup places for men. you don't see them, but they are there. my kids and I do a lot of fishing along the Mississippi, and your jaw would drop at the things we find on the shore. clothing, condoms, beer cans, bedding, food wrappers, needles... Etc. praying for these little girls...

Does anyone have a link to the interview done by the Collins family yesterday?

Would it be automatic for LE to make Mexican authorities aware of this abduction and will Mexican LE allow the posters to be displayed in their country. There needs to be a special US task force located in Mexico to investigate all these recent child abductions and not just the border towns, deep into the interior of the country. Just imo.

Would it be automatic for LE to make Mexican authorities aware of this abduction and will Mexican LE allow the posters to be displayed in their country. There needs to be a special US task force located in Mexico to investigate all these recent child abductions and not just the border towns, deep into the interior of the country. Just imo.

Why not Canada as well? Caucasian children, especially, as less likely to stand out in Canada than in Mexico.

If you watch to the end of the video you can see her talking to the reporter with her mother and she clearly states that they took her phone and car the night they were awoken and interrogated for another 3 hours. Which was six days into the disappearance, on Wednesday. So they took her phone at the beginning, give it back and then took it again, along with her car.

And I'd imagine they had warrants this time?

MOO

And it was reported in MSM that Misty took another polygraph around this time. Leads me to believe LE had specific information following the abduction that led them back to Misty for further investigation....

Opps deleted this as i think we cant post facebook information.

When following the disappearance of teenager, Brittanee Drexel, who disappeared in Myrtle Beach in 2009 and is still missing, sometimes the theory was kicked around that she had been set up to be out on the road at a certain time, so someone who was going to grab her, could see her and take her. This did enter my mind about these two little girls, Elizabeth and Lyric, especially when I read that they Lyric had gone missing and her mom had reported it to the police days before this disappearance, but she and her other cousin later turned up unhurt. These two cases, of course, don't seem to have much in common, but that theory did strike me, at least in the beginning. I am not saying it was a family member who would have done this though. Just not seeing that or even going there.

I don't think that thinking out of the box is a bad thing. Sometimes, there is no conventional solution to a crime. If Vince Bugliosi hadn't of been willing to think out of the box, Manson, krenwinkel, Atkins, van Houten, and Watson may never have been convicted.

If family are involved, I don't understand the motive? If this is a stranger abduction or family involvement, I feel the girls are alive. imo

As anyone else got any thoughts on the ~5 minute window between the camera footage and the guy on the trail coming across the bikes?

I read yesterday that the camera footage was really grainy but haven't seen it. I'm wondering if that is another red herring by LE?

My reasoning is because I don't believe the girls could do 1.5 miles in ~5 minutes. To test this, I just watched the end of the Tour De France and timed how long it took the distance to go counter to reduce by 2.4km (~1.5 miles)

Almost 3 minutes! for elite athletes.......on closed roads.

Tell me I ain't going crazy on this point.......:please:

If LE is right and the perp is someone the family knows...Wonder who knew the girls liked energy drinks or liked the drinks themselves? That is if they are truley a missed part of the crime scene. JMO

I don't believe that the area where Ollipop found those cans was ever cordoned off. I think it was just the trail itself that was. So those cans could have been left there by anyone hanging around in the past week and gawking at the lake and the activity around it. Not that they shouldn't be checked out though.

But as for the abductor(s) being someone the girls know, if the FBI believe they may still be alive and that they were abducted for any reason related to the family, then I would think that the girls did not know them. Otherwise, how could they possibly release the girls without them "ratting them out" so to speak.

I think the last press conference was a message to the abductor(s). To tell them that they are closing in and that now would be a good time just to release the girls or for someone on the peripheral of the crime to get a lawyer and cut a deal to speak with the police.

MOO

I live in England and there was a 10-years-after story in one of The Sunday Times magazines today about the family of one of 2 girls murdered in 2002. This summarizes what happened most concisely, although there are lots and lots of MSM articles about the case: Soham murders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . Needless to say, I couldn't help but think of Elizabeth & Lyric.

That small window of time has nagged at me from the beginning. I do not believe the girls got to the lake in 5 minutes. No way, no day. They would've not only covered the 1.5 miles, but managed to dismount their bikes, lie them down and gone far enough away from them that the cyclist never saw or heard them. I say that is highly unlikely.

Why not Canada as well? Caucasian children, especially, as less likely to stand out in Canada than in Mexico.

I'm sure the Canadian border patrol agency has been well versed and has been checking out any vehicle with children in it or any other suspicious large vehicles where children could be hidden. There are some pretty tight requirements for border crossing now. Everyone in the vehicle needs a passport or a Nexus card. Now the Mexican border...not so sure. :waitasec:

MOO

I don't see the family being involved, because Elizabeth is missing. I could entertain a theory that Lyric could have been scooped away due to custody issues or maybe a self-imposed witness protection thing if someone were fearing for retribution aimed at Lyric due to the other issues, however, there is no way that I can believe that, since Elizabeth was present...unless she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I feel so badly for this family. MOO

I have thought that it was definitely possible that they ran away. If you google "how to run away"..there are instructions on how to do it..easy for a computer savvy kid to find it. Again, this seems less likely due to Elizabeth being present, however, she is really experiencing stress at home and may have gone along with an adventure. MOO

Still think they were nabbed, lured, led by a predator, but again, that is just a gut feeling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0