Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please HELP?

I am looking for the article on the man who was outside watering the lawn between 12 and 3 pm?

Is there a known or most likely bike route that the girls took from Leaderman to the Lake?

What was the name of the street where they always turned around on??

Can someone please HELP?

I am looking for the article on the man who was outside watering the lawn between 12 and 3 pm?

Is there a known or most likely bike route that the girls took from Leaderman to the Lake?

Evansdale, Ia. -- An Evansdale resident told The Des Moines Register this morning that he saw Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook-Morrissey ride their bikes past his house Friday afternoon.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...-missing-Iowa-girls-after-their-disappearance

Who do YOU know that has a paddleboat in the Evansdale area?

As lablover1 mentioned in Post #118 some of the homeowners have paddleboats. If you look at the Google map it looks as if there are a couple of lakeside properties on Meyers Lake where paddleboats are tied up or on docks. There only appears to be 20 homes or so that have lake access so it shouldn’t be too difficult for LE to determine who owns paddleboats, unless someone launched one from a boat trailer via the boat ramp or in the forested area that morning.

Given that Meyers Lake is landlocked and that paddleboats are heavy and pretty durable, I would wager that anyone who owns one probably doesn’t keep it under lock and key. If someone knew that the owner of a paddleboat was at work or on vacation perhaps they used it to lure the girls to the waters edge and an accomplice scooped up the girls? Going for a boat ride might not have seemed to be so dangerous to the girls.

Perhaps they went back to check with Gran about going for a paddle, but didn’t see Gran inside the house and raced back (past Mr. C. on Lake Street who said they usually turn around in the street there) to ensure they were in time for a quick boat ride before lunch? If the perp. returned the paddleboat to the rightful dock after the abduction nobody would have been suspicious or any the wiser. And because the lake was drained on Monday (16th) the residents on the lake would have had to pull up their docks and boats, canoes etc. long before a witness may have told police he/she saw a paddleboat out on the lake that morning.

Just grasping at straws here as to a possible scenario, because the timing seems to be so impossibly tight between Lederman’s video and the bikes on the pathway as witnessed by Ted G. at 12:20 — which could have belonged to 2 different cyclists…

Can someone please HELP?

Don't remember his name, but he is on the 1000 block of Lake Ave. I have also read he said between 12-1, as well as between 12-3.

The family has said that the girls don't go far on their bike rides, they stick close to the house, and stay on their block. But, the couple who came to the lake when the searches first began said that they have seen them riding on the street in front of their house and have seen Elizabeth riding on their street at night.

I think this is an indication that these kids had a long leash and the parents/grandmother really didn't know what they were doing all the time. I think they thought they kids stayed on the block but they were really all over the place. OMO.

Thats a good possibility but if they did,usually at that age they would have came home by now.They would miss their "stuff".
They might have voluntarily left with someone who offered them a chance to go do something fun(whatever that was) but the person who they went with had other things in mind.:(

Plus I remember reading that it's been miserably hot there. Unless they ran away to somewhere that's air conditioned I think they'd come home just for that.

(sorry if this is a repeat thought, still catching up)

I just watched the webcam video of the girls on bicycles. I agree that it appears that, especially the first rider, is wearing a dark backpack (which could be the "purse" they are referring to), and I agree that it looks as if a similar dark item appears lower down on the second rider that might or might not be her leg or shorts. If they were both carrying packs of some kind...they may have been running away or something. I tried to capture frames with my iphone off the computer, but they aren't really as conclusive as watching the video on fullscreen several times. MOO

Years ago, my now ex-husband's family had a video camera. It wasn't so good outside because in direct light conditions, it made people look like they had a big black lump moving up or down one side of their body (usually the back but sometimes the front).

Since these images are not the greatest, I wonder if something like that was happening.

I think the camera is focused to a distance that is closer to the building than the two girls on bicycles were.

If someone were prowling to break in or vandalise the back of the store, they'd have to move closer to the building. That would give the camera a better chance to catch the perp's face.

The store owners don't really care about who uses the street behind the store, so it doesn't make any sense to focus the camera for the street, catch lots of innocent traffic in clear focus but have blurry pictures of someone who came closer to the building.

I disagree. It makes sense to record autos coming and going as well.

(Not speaking to you personally...just in general)
IMO if ANYONE puts up security cameras, the video should have enough clarity to actually record a face as well as a person on a bicycle so that you can see details. Crappy cell phones take better pictures then this lame security camera did. (I feel the same about the Mickey Shunick footage.) I just don't see the point of having these when they don't do a damned bit of good at recording an image.

IMO, JMO, MOO

Does anyone have a link to Lyric's social media accounts handy?

Things that are bothering me:

1) The biker who saw the bikes on the trail at 12:20 left after seeing them. Why did he go back at 4:00 to tell the cops he saw the bikes? Was it that widely/publicly known by 4pm that the girls were missing? Where was he between 12:20 and 4:00?

2) The family says the girls never rode as far as the lake, but when they discovered them missing, they went to look for them AT THE LAKE. Why go there first if the girls never go that far? Tammy even said on Nancy Grace that DC backed his truck in to turn around on that trail. She placed his tire tracks at the scene. This is weird to me.

3) Misty is listed on FB as single; Dan is listed as married. Misty has a boyfriend. Until a few days ago, Dan and Misty had a no-contact order because he tried to strangle her in 2011. So what was Misty doing sleeping with Dan in a hotel room when police came to question them?

4) Why would a kidnapper take the girls in the middle of that tunnel section of the trail? It seems that is the WORST place to kidnap them. You would have to walk OUT of the tunnel section, which means you would have to talk the girls into following you out of it, and you would risk running into someone on your way out. Seems like it would be MUCH easier for a stranger to just pull up his car next to them in the parking lot or along the road.

I am not trying to accuse anyone of anything with the above 4 questions. I’m just stating things that have been baffling me, that I would like answers to. Answers to these questions might provide clues to help us solve the case.

As lablover1 mentioned in Post #118 some of the homeowners have paddleboats. If you look at the Google map it looks as if there are a couple of lakeside properties on Meyers Lake where paddleboats are tied up or on docks. There only appears to be 20 homes or so that have lake access so it shouldn’t be too difficult for LE to determine who owns paddleboats, unless someone launched one from a boat trailer via the boat ramp or in the forested area that morning.

Given that Meyers Lake is landlocked and that paddleboats are heavy and pretty durable, I would wager that anyone who owns one probably doesn’t keep it under lock and key. If someone knew that the owner of a paddleboat was at work or on vacation perhaps they used it to lure the girls to the waters edge and an accomplice scooped up the girls? Going for a boat ride might not have seemed to be so dangerous to the girls.

Perhaps they went back to check with Gran about going for a paddle, but didn’t see Gran inside the house and raced back (past Mr. C. on Lake Street who said they usually turn around in the street there) to ensure they were in time for a quick boat ride before lunch? If the perp. returned the paddleboat to the rightful dock after the abduction nobody would have been suspicious or any the wiser. And because the lake was drained on Monday (16th) the residents on the lake would have had to pull up their docks and boats, canoes etc. long before a witness may have told police he/she saw a paddleboat out on the lake that morning.

Just grasping at straws here as to a possible scenario, because the timing seems to be so impossibly tight between Lederman’s video and the bikes on the pathway as witnessed by Ted G. at 12:20 — which could have belonged to 2 different cyclists…

The thing about paddle boats is that they are slow and steering is awkward. They are much much slower than even a canoe or rowboat. Someone using a paddle boat to abduct children during the light of day is hard for me to accept. Someone would have noticed them. I think they're just looking for a witness.

Boats should be registered. But, if this lake was not patrolled and since paddle boats are usually purchased, used for a season and then ignored until the next generation discovers the old paddle boat it's probable the boat was not. Which could perhaps make identification more difficult.

Chris Essig at the Courier says that as of Friday, the police were not aware of a biker that saw the bikes at 12:20. That biker was known only to the media, not the police. WHAT?!?! I just had this conversation with him on Twitter:

@Leadfoot_LA:
Girls in vid 12:15; Bikes spotted @lake 12:20. REPORTERS - pls ask Abben if they think girls could ride 1.5 mi in 5 min. #evansdalesearch

@CourierEssig:
@Leadfoot_LA It was brought up Fri. Abben wasn't aware a biker (who spoke with us) saw the bikes at 12:20 #evansdalesearch

@Leadfoot_LA:
@CourierEssig Surely they have questioned him by now, right? It needs to be asked again. #evansdalesearch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lamonara