IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
why have a press conf if no info and no questions answered...just give a press release of the facts and any further new info they are willing to let us know.
They're getting painful to watch...
JMO

I just pray more is going on in the background than what we can see

FWIW, LE never releases (at least in my recollection since following cases) LDT results to the public during an ongoing investigation. Usually the press asks - LE says can't discuss results and the taker of LDT is asked by press and divulges what LE allegedly told them about it. SOP :moo:

Yep been following missing person cases for over 25 years.
I know LE doesn't reveal LDT results.
Point being......
Someone who took one told the press TODAY that they passed--
or thought they passed. :)

Thank you. I had missed that Iowa does not have the DP. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm a VA girl, where not only do we have the DP but we tend to carry it out. Either way I hope these girls are brought home safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I read yesterday in looking this up, they also have different levels of kidnapping...for first degree, there has to be a sexual motive, for example; ransom kidnapping is second degree, for some reason...very strange.

usually when you use a tracking dog, you take them to the place last known - that would be where the bikes were laid to rest - but if there is a thought that the bikes might have been put there by a perp, then the last place they were spotted, like in the alley.

I don't believe people really know what the dogs smell when they get a scent and I never have heard anything about what you eat affecting what the dogs sniff - but that doesn't mean it isn't true - nice to ask the dogs if they could talk - there are lots of theories around I suppose and all I know is they get the scent of the missing person and then track it - period. But if the scent is contaminated or the scent item not handled right, as someone else has picked it up then they will track the freshest scent from the item and contamination is a big problem with people that do not understand how to handle shoes and pillow cases - can't just pick them up barehanded.

Which is exactly what I did when the search team was at my house. I was asked for a piece of clothing worn recently, I wasn't told not to touch it. I picked it up to give to the handler and he said he couldn't use it since I touched it. So he just picked up a different article (she must have changed 10 times that day) from the floor with gloved hands and placed it in a bag.

So who took them?

If LE is confident that they are alive and that the presser would not jeopardize their safety, well I wonder if they have a fair idea of who took them. Seems like it to me. JMO.

They were not quite so bullish about them being alive today, from what I can tell...the infamous "no indication they are not" was uttered. But they did say that some physical evidence tells them they may be alive. I can't imagine what that could be? Something on electronics or phone? A stain that was not what they thought it was? They said something from the labs, I think...a voice mail left after last Friday?

Hello all. I've been reading along, but this is my first post on this topic. I would be curious to know if paddle boats are a common sight on Meyers Lake. Olliepop or anyone else from the area - can you enlighten us, please? They just aren't something one see's often where I live; so I was curious.

They drained the lake likely because they DID find the girls' bikes there. But we do not know if the bikes seen before 12:27 on the trail were the girls' bikes. Their bikes were found in a different location.

I can't find the link to prove this. Do you have it handy?

BTW This fact means we are NOT looking at the 12:15 to 12:27 timeline. IMO

Evidence @ the lab to indicate they're alive...
Maybes:
Ransom note, runaway note, voicemail, txt message, video evidence..
What else could you have evidence wise to indicate that someone is alive?
Nothing to indicate someone is dead and evidence pointing to someone being alive is very different IMO.

Lord, I hope it's not some nutball that is sending in videos of them and playing games with LE. :please:

Hello all. I've been reading along, but this is my first post on this topic. I would be curious to know if paddle boats are a common sight on Meyers Lake. Olliepop or anyone else from the area - can you enlighten us, please? They just aren't something one see's often where I live; so I was curious.

Seems like I recall OP saying something about this earlier but I can't remember exactly what he said. Does anyone know if there is anyway to print out all his posts from this thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SPECULATION:

What if the girls left home at 11:30 and rode to the lake? And maybe they were walking around there and met up with someone. That person asked if they wanted to ride on a paddle boat?

So they girls said NO and they rode back to Grandma's neighborhood. But around 12:15
they thought about it and decided to go for it. Maybe one of the girls convinced the other to take the ride. So they rode back as fast as they could to see if he was still there with the boat.

Or maybe he said IF you girls want to take a ride on a boat come back later and I will be on the water with it?

I thought someone asked if the girls were set to testify against anyone in Morrissey's drug trial. Anyone else hear that?

Yes, he was asked if either of the girls were set to testify in Dan M's drug trial?

Ans: I don't know that either.

In a forest environment the dog should have been able to follow a long trail - the only time my dogs could not follow a long trail was in the city when the subject was put in a vehicle. At the forest location, was there a road where the girls could have been in a car or truck? Usually dogs will circle when the subjects are put in a car but some dogs can be trained to follow scent even in a car but that takes special training unless the scent if very fresh.

My dogs ID scent from inside a vehicle when the person was in the car and the scent pooled heavy on a spot and then my dogs ID the parking space, but just driving away with the girls means no heavy scent pools.

Scent will stay for about one month in dense moist environment so the dogs can track really well in this type of situation - so what happened? why did theypull the dogs off?

I thought maybe you or Sarx could give us an idea.

No DP in Iowa...so murder and 1st-degree kidnapping would be LWOP at most.

I had to read this four times because I know that "LWOP" = "Leave Without Pay". I thought this was a very lenient punishment for kidnapping.

I got it now. Little slow this monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member