IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, that is the way it works. LE never tells the results of LDTs.

The only way we know the results is if the one taking it speaks out in the media.

Like Steve Greone did when he said they told him he failed a part of his polygraph and he couldnt understand why. The police later on said it was because Steve was so emotional at the time and he had nothing to do with the kidnapping of his daughter and son.

The Lamars also commented on passing their LTD but if the ones taking them dont speak out... LE isnt going to divulge the results even if they passed.

May be because LE knows LDT arent admissable in court anyway and the results can be 'iffy'.

IMO

I haven't followed tons of cases here so this is probably a stupid question that has been answered many times but if I fail a LDT yet go to the media and say I passed would LE comment on that? Would they leak the truth using an unnamed LE source perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Sarx...good to see you

What effect would the girls swimming in a chlorinated pool for six weeks prior to their disappearance have on the search dogs Re: the scent of each child

The pool was a public one and it was "probably" heavily chlorinated...jmo

Mothers actual words were:
We have spent the last six weeks at lake swimming, Lake, we`ve gone to Bern`s Pool a lot. So we`ve been swimming, I mean, almost daily for the last six weeks.

Thanks

External factors will affect how quickly a body sheds it's skin cells, but not to an exteme (though I'm not a scientist). IIRC the body sheds all of it's skin cells completely something like over a 35 day period, not all at once though of course. The body is literally shedding a million plus cells a day. Even chlorine won't stop that, in fact it seems it could speed it up a bit, but that's just me thinking out loud.

I haven't followed tons of cases here so this is probably a stupid question that has been answered many times but if I fail a LDT yet go to the media and say I passed would LE comment on that? Would they leak the truth using an unnamed LE source perhaps?

Probably not-but that certainly makes a statement about you as a possible suspect I would think.

Police looking for boater seen on lake when two Iowa cousins went missing... as one girl's mother says she PASSED lie detector test

*Authorities casting suspicion on parents of Lyric Cook-Morrissey, but mother says she has passed lie detector test

*Investigators say evidence points to Lyric Cook, 10, and Elizabeth Collins, 8, being alive

*Search has expanded across state lines

*Family member said police suspect father Daniel Morrissey's involvement in disappearance of daughter and niece and have 'proof' against him

*Judge ordered Daniel Morrissey supervised by parole officers

*Young cousins last seen on July 13

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Elizabeth-Collins-vanished.html#ixzz21UL2kcFr

believe- me? aww, shucks no, I am just a little ole sar groupie:) don't know much about dogs, I defer to Sarx and Oriah....but I can stare the heck out and ink off of a map

Probably not-but that certainly makes a statement about you as a possible suspect I would think.

Ouch, very good point. Guess I should have thought a bit further ahead, lol.

External factors will affect how quickly a body sheds it's skin cells, but not to an exteme (though I'm not a scientist). IIRC the body sheds all of it's skin cells completely something like over a 35 day period, not all at once though of course. The body is literally shedding a million plus cells a day. Even chlorine won't stop that, in fact it seems it could speed it up a bit, but that's just me thinking out loud.

Jumping off of Sarx and SailorBug-

OK, they may have been swimming daily in chlorine, but they would have showered/bathed at some point I assume. My kids bathe daily when we swim in a chlorine pool.

Ouch, very good point. Guess I should have thought a bit further ahead, lol.

NOOOOOOOOO :blowkiss: No need to be self critical. It was a very good question.

believe- me? aww, shucks no, I am just a little ole sar groupie:) don't know much about dogs, I defer to Sarx and Oriah....but I can stare the heck out and ink off of a map

That's what I love about ya, sreshowtime!!!!

Not right away, that's for sure.

Everything these people do or say will be noted and studied by forensic psychologists.

There is NO WAY that the FBI took Misty aside and said "You aced that one, pardner! High five!" after the test. She would have absolutely zero clue how she did, IMO.

The fact that she is spouting that she passed is probably just another indicator of SOMETHING...I have my theories of what...

Not trying to bash any relative but the fact remains the affect is somewhat unusual for people who think their children are being held by an anonymous kidnapper and could be being raped/murdered/tortured as they speak.

You can be assured the FBI is drinking in and analysing every.single.syllable.

What we DON'T know far outweighs what we DO know in this case.

IMO.

:moo:

Yep, that is the way it works. LE never tells the results of LDTs.

The only way we know the results is if the one taking it speaks out in the media.

Like Steve Greone did when he said they told him he failed a part of his polygraph and he couldnt understand why. The police later on said it was because Steve was so emotional at the time and he had nothing to do with the kidnapping of his daughter and son.

The Lamars also commented on passing their LTD but if the ones taking them dont speak out... LE isnt going to divulge the results even if they passed.

May be because LE knows LDT arent admissable in court anyway and the results can be 'iffy'.

IMO
Great points Ocean! :seeya:

NOOOOOOOOO :blowkiss: No need to be self critical. It was a very good question.

Aww, Ty. I do that all the time. My husband is an engineer and can go from point to point to point in a nice little process. I'm a reporter with another degree in marketing. When I come up with a question I have to stop right there and find the answer without thinking it through to next step first. I end up with copious amounts of notes that could have been avoided if only I kept thinking my question through to the logical end.

Geez!!!

His name's Ted Gamerbinger and he lives at.....

:banghead:

not directed at you Sapphire-but the Chief-talk to your people!!
This is a very important piece of info-when you get on TV in front
of the country & you don't know this info-at least say no comment
b/c when you say you don't know this info-well-lets just say-you don't look good as a Chief!!
JMO

Ok, who said they were told they aced their LDT? And did that come straight from them or through the grapevine?

Jumping around a bit. The dogs brought in, were they local FBI or were they flown in? TIA

I doubt it...unless it suited them.

Aww, Ty. I do that all the time. My husband is an engineer and can go from point to point to point in a nice little process. I'm a reporter with another degree in marketing. When I come up with a question I have to stop right there and find the answer without thinking it through to next step first. I end up with copious amounts of notes that could have been avoided if only I kept thinking my question through to the logical end.

Yes but think of all the irrelevant chit you've learnt in the meantime! :rocker:

It's thinking like yours that solves cases IMO.

Ok, who said they were told they aced their LDT? And did that come straight from them or through the grapevine?

Jumping around a bit. The dogs brought in, were they local FBI or were they flown in? TIA

i think the first dogs were local and then i think the 2nd set flew in with the fbi divers--were fbi dogs... iirc...

I haven't heard anyone here comment on Misti's sudden appearance in the later part of the interview with Dan's mother. She appears around 5:19 in a mini-dress. She cuts right through the middle of camera view and oddly sits with her back to the camera, then briefly plays with the kitten and appears to play or text on a cellphone or ipod. I find this behaviour extremly odd and just wanted others views on this. I am relatively new here (was on here some months ago and then forgot my user info so have just been reading). It is hard to sit silent on this case. Here is the link to the interview I am referring to.
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-816543

I do think that is Misti, If not, I am sorry. It looks like her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman