IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Sorry but it was a very busy day and haven't had a chance to catch up. Is there a new video of the girls? It sounds like the same video as before? Why ddnt the police know about it?

Yes, you are correct. It was the FOX interview. I can't keep all of the interviews straight.

With all due respect, everything we are discussing is something we've been told.

In this case, the FBI are the ones who have told us, so I give it credibility.

I agree that they may sometimes be playful with the truth for various reasons, but personally I can think of no reason why this would be one of them.

Add the fact that the girls were seen biking to the lake, caught on camera heading to the lake, their bikes were found AT the lake, and the dogs indicated they located their scent at the lake, there was a possible sighting of them at the lake...well....I'm gonna believe they were at the lake.

:moo:
LE isn't sure the girls were at the lake. They said so. Maybe the reason they are not 100% sure is because of the dogs. What if the scent they were given by family to track the girls was fresh but there was no first hand scent to follow, only the scent of them on the bikes mixed with the scent of the abductor? Meaning - their scent was there but they never were.

I think that is why LE stopped with the dogs. The perp drove a vehicle with the bikes to the lake, pulled in the little lane and dumped the bikes. IMO

There have been several interviews on different shows. Some of the interviews have information not included in others.........

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Does it seem -- do you believe that they were taken by a stranger?

BROUSSEAU: Absolutely. Absolutely. I feel in my heart that there are a lot of pedophiles that live in that area. Myers Lake is not a very large lake. It has the bike trail that runs around it.

When my mother and I, the grandmother who was babysitting, when my mother and I went on our search for them, and this was at about a quarter to 3 -- and keep in mind the last they were seen was at 11:30 a.m., when they told mom they were going on the bike ride. So that is the last time they were for sure seen. And now, it`s going on to -- it`s getting close to being a quarter to 3.

We stop at Meyers Lake. I said, "Mom, drive me to Meyer Lake." I had Elizabeth`s older brother who`s 12, Kelly (ph), with us. And I just jumped out and started asking random strangers, "Have you seen two little girls?" Gave them the description, the colors of the bikes, and possibly what they were wearing.

And one man stepped forward and said, "Yes, I seen them going east on the bike trail at about 2:30." Now, whether he`s telling the truth or not, they do have this man`s name. You know, I don`t know. Whether he`s a person of interest, I don`t know.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/16/ijvm.01.html

She starting asking "random strangers", not random people. odd2me

Yes, you are correct. It was the FOX interview. I can't keep all of the interviews straight.

This helped me find it. Thanks!
IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

It won't let me do the nifty quote thing but here's an attempt based on my limited HTML knowledge:

Originally posted by JaimeInLA
I happened to be watching Fox News (the national cable news channel, not the local affiliate) this morning when Misty, Wylma and Tammy were on. When it started, the 3 women were not aware they were on-air yet. Misty was giggling and being silly. Tammy actually reached across Wylma and swatted at her and said, "STOP IT." This part has been cut out of the interview that FoxInsider posted online. But I saw it with my own eyes.

Quoted from threecrazykids: Girls seen on video at 12:15 (the quality of this video is horrible but they do state it's them)

The video of the girls on their bikes released earlier today showed a time stamp of 12:11. 4 minutes more would be a big difference in the time span of them last seen to when TG says he swerved to miss the bikes laying on the path.

I would agree!! Hence the reason it makes me want to dig my eyes out that LE can't even acknowledge whether or not the man who says he swerved to miss the bikes is considered by police to be credible (or confirmed, or whatever technical term LE uses).

So...again, are we sleuthing 12:11 - 3:58, or 12:11 - 12:20? I mean, does LE understand the spectrum of difference? That simple piece of info makes a HUGE difference in the possibilities.:notgood:

The only times I have seen interviews subpoenaed like that was when LE believed the individual(s) giving the interview was involved in the actual crime being investigated. I don't get a good feeling about it.
Honestly, a hoax would be the best possible outcome though. Infuriating considering how much money, time, sweat, and tears have been put into finding the girls, but they would be alive! If it was a hoax I hope they absolutely throw the book at whomever was responsible for it.

There have been several interviews on different shows. Some of the interviews have information not included in others.........

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Does it seem -- do you believe that they were taken by a stranger?

BROUSSEAU: Absolutely. Absolutely. I feel in my heart that there are a lot of pedophiles that live in that area. Myers Lake is not a very large lake. It has the bike trail that runs around it.

When my mother and I, the grandmother who was babysitting, when my mother and I went on our search for them, and this was at about a quarter to 3 -- and keep in mind the last they were seen was at 11:30 a.m., when they told mom they were going on the bike ride. So that is the last time they were for sure seen. And now, it`s going on to -- it`s getting close to being a quarter to 3.

We stop at Meyers Lake. I said, "Mom, drive me to Meyer Lake." I had Elizabeth`s older brother who`s 12, Kelly (ph), with us. And I just jumped out and started asking random strangers, "Have you seen two little girls?" Gave them the description, the colors of the bikes, and possibly what they were wearing.

And one man stepped forward and said, "Yes, I seen them going east on the bike trail at about 2:30." Now, whether he`s telling the truth or not, they do have this man`s name. You know, I don`t know. Whether he`s a person of interest, I don`t know.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/16/ijvm.01.html

Thanks. But all that proves is who started the factoid. IMO.

LE said they had no confirmed sightings.

Correct, LE has no confirmed sightings of the two girls at Meyers Lake on Friday, July 13th, 2012. This has been stated by LE many, many times.

A couple of pages back someone talked about girls being taken for child *advertiser censored* ... can you think of any more horrible job than watching videos to try to identify girls used? It is too horrible for me to even wrap my brain around.

I thought about that earlier today and I got so worked up I almost vomited on myself... while driving my car... while looking EVERYWHERE for these precious girls, and I live on the Gulf Coast!! I had to stop and purposely redirect my thoughts because I thought I was going to have a panic attack. I can't imagine how those who have to endure that handle it.

I agree with a previous poster that LE is sure keeping things tight lipped. It just seems like if they want help they have to give up a little info. A lot of what people are going by is what the family is saying, not what LE is saying. So, I am still seeking information about what exactly the girls were wearing that day...besides their shoe description and a purse/bag.

So which interviews are LE after?

Dates:
Who was being interviewed:
Which Stations:

Thanks

I expressed myself poorly. I apologise.:eek:hoh:

What I should have said was -

The 2.30 sighting you are discussing is a factoid...ie, it has no basis in fact, but it's out there. If it's repeated enough it becomes "common knowlege" :eek:.

For some reason, some think that someone saw the girls at 2.30, or claimed they did, or someone said they claimed they did...and so on.:maddening:

No one actually said anyone saw anything AT 2.30...but now, people reading any posting pondering the non-existent 2.30 sighting, will also assume it actually IS a fact, and repeat it, and that's the way these fallacies are born. It's only human nature but it's why I question almost everything and you would be absolutely amazed at the inconsistencies that are repeated, time and time again, as if they are truth, and lead entire threads off track sometimes. It would be funny if it weren't real live people we're talking about :banghead:

Originally Posted by ShyViolet

So much weirdness.

I still think it seems too coincidental that out of all the parks and searching done by the family that day, the ONLY response of a sighting of the girls was from parking lot guy who saw them at 2:30 on the bike trail, and that is where the bikes turned up.

That right there is the birth of a factoid. In fact, what Aunt Tammy actually said was

We pulled into Meyers Lake, right about where Jim and I are standing. And I got up and just jumped out and started asking random people, Have you seen two little girls, one on a mountain bike, you know, gave the complete descriptions of them. And a man -- they have his name. I don`t know who he is. He said to me, Yes, I seen two little girls going west on the bike trail.

Exactly ZERO mention of time. The guy doesn't say what time he'd seen two little girls, nor does Aunt Tammy.

That's how a factoid is born.

IMO.

:moo:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #2

Posted by StacyMarie83:
exact quote love DVR "the last they were seem was 11:30 a.m. when they told mom they were going on the bikeride, that was the last time they were for sure seen, now it's gone onto, it's getting cloe to being quarter to three we stop at meyers lake, i said mom drive me to meyers lake. I had elizabeth's older bother whose 12,<modsnip> with us and I just jumped out and started asking random strangers 'have you seen 2 little girls' gave them the description, colors of the bike, and possibly what they were wearing. and um, one man stepped forward and said 'yes i seen them going east on the bike trail about 2:30. whether he is telling the truth or not, they do have his name, i don't know, whether he's a person of interest, i don't know. but the girls bike did trail around and ended up on the southside of the lake by the interstate which would be 380"

ETA: Just saw that you already posted this Wishbone! Thank you. I am terrible at finding things but had to go back because I KNEW this was stated.

aunt tammy talking again on jvm

It's over she said that that is the bike she gave one of the girls on the video......

Hi! Sorry but it was a very busy day and haven't had a chance to catch up. Is there a new video of the girls? It sounds like the same video as before? Why ddnt the police know about it?[/QUOTE

?????????

Good point. Unfortunately it's hard to separate the factoids coming from Aunt Tammy from the confirmed facts (however few there may be) coming from LE. Meanwhile I think it's easy to take something as a definite fact if it's coming straight from a family member, especially one who we (IMO) aren't suspicious of. Just my opinion and feeling on it, not trying to speak for anyone else.

Also to be clear I'm not bashing Aunt Tammy in the slightest. I think she has the girls' best interests at heart and was/is probably a nervous wreck. It'd be easy to get some things "not quite right" in the midst of a frantic search and then an interview. And then days later maybe you remember something more clearly, less clearly, or you think of something you forgot the first day...

sigh, JVM just gave out that misleading statement again, that the girls were heading in the "opposite" direction of the lake. What is wrong with all these people stating that. I have news - West is not opposite South!

Yes, there are no confirmed sightings, but there is testimony concerning the time of the alleged sighting which I thought you were questioning. Nothing out of aunt tammy's mouth has been confirmed.

But what you posted was that nowhere was it stated that anybody SAID someone claimed to have seen the girls. And in fact, someone DID make that claim.

Of course LE has not confirmed the sighting, but to be fair to posters who were rehashing statements made by family members, it WAS stated that a man told them he saw the girls about 2:30.

Does not make the SIGHTING fact, but it IS a fact that the statement was made.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member