IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Must have been on this forum then. Maybe it got deleted, maybe it is still there.

I'm going by Ollipop's posts about how unlikely a spot the Carpenter street is for Elizabeth to ride to and turn around on. I think it would be fairly easy for someone to mistake one brown haired 8 year old girl for another.

I wouldn't call Elizabeth unsupervised, at least not for that environment and by my standards. At her age, I don't think many kids need constant supervision by adults if they live in small towns. Having clear boundaries about how far she could go and the expectation she would check back in often would be enough supervision for me. And, I believe, many other parents.

If my child is often seen a mile from my home and I don't know about it then I'm not supervising her during those times. MOO. I am not blaming the family for anything. I'm just saying that if the Carpenter's report is true then the grandmother's statements about the girls never going more than one or two blocks from the home is not correct. Perhaps "unsupervised" was too strong a word though I'm not sure what word would be a better choice. My point was that the girls were sometimes seen a mile from the home when the family may not have known about it. That's all I meant.

It is both days. And they want RAW footage (everything that was taped, not just what was aired.)

Sounds to me like KWWL has a leak (good!) and someone told the police what was on those tapes.

And remember the 19th/20th was last Thurs/Fri when they told us they found new evidence. Friday was the day they were stopping cars. Hmmm.

I really wish LE could give some more facts in this case.

With the number of days that have passed, why can't they say something like "we have no reason to believe at this point that the families are involved in the disappearance of the girls". They can add to it "if we should receive any additional information that may contradict the information we have at this time, that may change...but as of now we don't believe they are involved".

Can't ANYTHING be released to the public or have they found that it's just better to plead to the public to help with zero information?

Why on earth can't they confirm these sightings at the lake? Either they DID or DIDN'T see them with 100% certainty. I don't think anyone (in the public) anyway is going to be able to help without narrowing down some specifics in this case. :(

The only thing I feel I know for certain is this:

Girls seen on video at 12:15 (the quality of this video is horrible but they do state it's them)

Bikes found at 3:58.

We have sleuthed and scoured and can come up with 100's of different scenarios yet "we need tips to keep coming...pleading with people to help...call with tips". How can we help? We don't know what they were wearing, which way they were going, whether or not they were seen at the lake AT ALL that day etc.

I know LE have procedures to follow, and they don't want to do anything to "jeopardize the case" but sometimes I feel that being SO tight lipped on every single piece of info only hinders people being able to help.

I am growing more and more frustrated every day...sorry had to vent.

When did the FBI bang on their doors at night? Which night? Guessing they overheard something....or one of them was wired. MOO

I expressed myself poorly. I apologise.:ohoh:

What I should have said was -

The 2.30 sighting you are discussing is a factoid...ie, it has no basis in fact, but it's out there. If it's repeated enough it becomes "common knowlege" :eek:.

For some reason, some think that someone saw the girls at 2.30, or claimed they did, or someone said they claimed they did...and so on.:maddening:

No one actually said anyone saw anything AT 2.30...but now, people reading any posting pondering the non-existent 2.30 sighting, will also assume it actually IS a fact, and repeat it, and that's the way these fallacies are born. It's only human nature but it's why I question almost everything and you would be absolutely amazed at the inconsistencies that are repeated, time and time again, as if they are truth, and lead entire threads off track sometimes. It would be funny if it weren't real live people we're talking about :banghead:

Originally Posted by ShyViolet

So much weirdness.

I still think it seems too coincidental that out of all the parks and searching done by the family that day, the ONLY response of a sighting of the girls was from parking lot guy who saw them at 2:30 on the bike trail, and that is where the bikes turned up.

That right there is the birth of a factoid. In fact, what Aunt Tammy actually said was

We pulled into Meyers Lake, right about where Jim and I are standing. And I got up and just jumped out and started asking random people, Have you seen two little girls, one on a mountain bike, you know, gave the complete descriptions of them. And a man -- they have his name. I don`t know who he is. He said to me, Yes, I seen two little girls going west on the bike trail.

Exactly ZERO mention of time. The guy doesn't say what time he'd seen two little girls, nor does Aunt Tammy.

That's how a factoid is born.

IMO.

:moo:

Whoa whoa whoa! Tammy did say she went to the lake at 2:45 and she asked this man and he said he saw them riding their bikes at about 2:30. He even said the direction they were heading. I will see if I can find it. I believe there were two shows where she talked about this.

Ok this has just taken a sharp turn to the OBVIOUS in my opinion so it's time for me to bow out completely as I can't keep to TOS. If anyone wants a pm sleuth, give me a shout!

I'll keep reading too. Go get em team.

Prayers for the girls and those who love them.

:sigh:

Quoted from threecrazykids: Girls seen on video at 12:15 (the quality of this video is horrible but they do state it's them)

The video of the girls on their bikes released earlier today showed a time stamp of 12:11. 4 minutes more would be a big difference in the time span of them last seen to when TG says he swerved to miss the bikes laying on the path.

Ahh...there was a comment way back in a thread that MC was laughing and goofing around before filming an interview and WC told her to stop it. Maybe that is what it is. Maybe it wasn't on this forum...maybe in comments somewhere else, but I remember seeing it. MOO

It was definitely here but I just looked for it and can't find it... probably in thread #2 or #3 somewhere.

Apparently we’re not alone — it seems that nobody on God’s green earth has clocks that are in sync with one another. :thud:

"Pahl is the manager of Cornbelt Auctions, 3520 Lafayette Road, where a 24-hour camera captured the footage from its position behind the building. The time and date stamp — 12:11 p.m. July 13 — fits the police timeline of the case. However, Pahl said the camera’s clock is eight minutes slower than his U.S. Cellular phone."

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_c7394e3c-d6a6-11e1-a4f3-0019bb2963f4.html

I expressed myself poorly. I apologise.:ohoh:

What I should have said was -

The 2.30 sighting you are discussing is a factoid...ie, it has no basis in fact, but it's out there. If it's repeated enough it becomes "common knowlege" :eek:.

For some reason, some think that someone saw the girls at 2.30, or claimed they did, or someone said they claimed they did...and so on.:maddening:

No one actually said anyone saw anything AT 2.30...but now, people reading any posting pondering the non-existent 2.30 sighting, will also assume it actually IS a fact, and repeat it, and that's the way these fallacies are born. It's only human nature but it's why I question almost everything and you would be absolutely amazed at the inconsistencies that are repeated, time and time again, as if they are truth, and lead entire threads off track sometimes. It would be funny if it weren't real live people we're talking about :banghead:

Originally Posted by ShyViolet

So much weirdness.

I still think it seems too coincidental that out of all the parks and searching done by the family that day, the ONLY response of a sighting of the girls was from parking lot guy who saw them at 2:30 on the bike trail, and that is where the bikes turned up.

That right there is the birth of a factoid. In fact, what Aunt Tammy actually said was

We pulled into Meyers Lake, right about where Jim and I are standing. And I got up and just jumped out and started asking random people, Have you seen two little girls, one on a mountain bike, you know, gave the complete descriptions of them. And a man -- they have his name. I don`t know who he is. He said to me, Yes, I seen two little girls going west on the bike trail.

Exactly ZERO mention of time. The guy doesn't say what time he'd seen two little girls, nor does Aunt Tammy.

That's how a factoid is born.

IMO.

:moo:

There have been several interviews on different shows. Some of the interviews have information not included in others.........

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Does it seem -- do you believe that they were taken by a stranger?

BROUSSEAU: Absolutely. Absolutely. I feel in my heart that there are a lot of pedophiles that live in that area. Myers Lake is not a very large lake. It has the bike trail that runs around it.

When my mother and I, the grandmother who was babysitting, when my mother and I went on our search for them, and this was at about a quarter to 3 -- and keep in mind the last they were seen was at 11:30 a.m., when they told mom they were going on the bike ride. So that is the last time they were for sure seen. And now, it`s going on to -- it`s getting close to being a quarter to 3.

We stop at Meyers Lake. I said, "Mom, drive me to Meyer Lake." I had Elizabeth`s older brother who`s 12, Kelly (ph), with us. And I just jumped out and started asking random strangers, "Have you seen two little girls?" Gave them the description, the colors of the bikes, and possibly what they were wearing.

And one man stepped forward and said, "Yes, I seen them going east on the bike trail at about 2:30." Now, whether he`s telling the truth or not, they do have this man`s name. You know, I don`t know. Whether he`s a person of interest, I don`t know.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/16/ijvm.01.html

Ahh...there was a comment way back in a thread that MC was laughing and goofing around before filming an interview and WC told her to stop it. Maybe that is what it is. Maybe it wasn't on this forum...maybe in comments somewhere else, but I remember seeing it. MOO

IIRC, the person who posted that said MC was goofing around before an interview on Fox.

I am just praying that this all leads to finding these girls alive. I think about these little girls several times a day, as I am sure many of you do. Please, let this be a happy ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required