IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did JC refer to the girls as "prized possessions" or is that just grandmas quote because that is not normal at all, no matter who said it. But it would be concerning if he ever used that terminology.

I doubt it was a direct quote from JC, I think Grandma just wants everyone to know how close JC was to the girls and how their disappearance effected him.

Reading through an old article. This sentence jumped out at me:
An FBI K-9 unit first smelled the different family members and then articles of the girls clothes and belongings. The family said the goal was to separate their smell from the girls', since they too had spent time searching that area.

http://www.kgan.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kgan_vid_12026.shtml

I was under the impression that the family didn't actually go around the trail but only stated that they were at the parking area and asked some random people....

I can't find the article but I recall reading that after the bicycles were found, basically the whole family converged on the spot.

Why would the X girlfriend overdose also? Did someone put something in their drugs? Or are they remorseful for something?

ITA, look at gangs that recruit young kids.

OT...and here in Waterloo we have had 2 instances of teenagers arrested with posession of a sawed off shotgun. One of them in the last week or so. Drugs, Drive-by shottings, stabbings happen here frequently. It is sad and infuriating :maddening:

What prescription drug would keep a person awake?

I take Loritab 10/500 and it makes me very tired.

Now if I take prednisone, I am wired!

I'm laughing because I had to take prednisone earlier this summer for five days and I couldn't sleep at all. Hated it, hated it.

Many of the drugs prescribed for ADD are stimulants. Stimulants are also prescribed for cancer patients (to combat fatigue associated with treatment) and narcolepsy.

Some people suffer insomnia as a side effect to certain antidepressants but that's more of an individual reaction than a planned one.

I guess I'm weird but when I read an article about the 32 yr old uncle overdosing and unable to sleep or eat ...along with the "supposed quote" from his mother saying they ( the girls) were his "prized possessions"....well, my hinky meter just starts dinging all over the place...
Moo....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BBM
My hinky meter just blew it's top over that statement :what:

ETA: On reconsidering, I think that was just a linguistic misstep on his mother's part.

what concerns me about the trial delay is if the girls kidnapping is related to DM and this trial and they are just being held to see what he says in the trial, unless the FBI figures this out asap, they won't be homes soon!
Sad!

If those girls were allegedly his "prized possessions"....then, he must have been awfully involved with them or just very protective of them. Hard to know what that really means. He's taking it hard...sort of like Caylee's gpa almost. Interesting. Why would one attempt to off oneself, if one doesn't know where your prized possessions are, because if they show up safe, then your offing yourself over it is sort of...strange. MOO

:what: Any males unaccounted for?

It may be the body of a man missing for several years. They may have been referring to 'body parts' not an additional body.

http://www.messengernews.net/page/c...mains-found-in-Little-Wall-Lake.html?nav=5010

JEWELL - The human remains found at Little Wall Lake on Thursday may be those of a Hamilton County man who was reported missing on Nov. 1, 2007.
Local campers found human bones and clothing earlier in the day, and a green Buick with Hamilton County license plates was pulled from the waters later Thursday. Eyewitness reports indicate that a man who is allegedly related to Virgil L. Wilcox ran onto the jetty at the northwest corner of the lake to talk to law enforcement officials as the car was being removed.
Although no identification was made by officials on the scene, the Iowa Department of Public Safety website indicates that Wilcox, 66, a Hamilton County resident, has been missing since 2007................

Why would the X girlfriend overdose also? Did someone put something in their drugs? Or are they remorseful for something?
She might not be a Mensa International member annnnnnnnnnnnd their consumption of drugs might not have been a suicide attempt, but rather a recreational event. They might also have been "self medicating" to come down from some other illegal drug.

Yup. Just another excuse by "addiction" brain demon to take more of anything.

After reading more about Jeremiah and his drug overdose, I have removed him from my list of suspects, for what it's worth.

I'm back where I started, which I am not allowed to discuss. :-)

I'm laughing because I had to take prednisone earlier this summer for five days and I couldn't sleep at all. Hated it, hated it.

Many of the drugs prescribed for ADD are stimulants. Stimulants are also prescribed for cancer patients (to combat fatigue associated with treatment) and narcolepsy.

Some people suffer insomnia as a side effect to certain antidepressants but that's more of an individual reaction than a planned one.

Hubby had a very bad reaction to a medication he took this summer and had to take steroids over a period of a week or so. The man was wired! He hardly slept and didn't seem to think that I needed to sleep, either. I kept trying to think of a reason that I needed to go visit my mother for a few days. Lol.

I did not see any place in the article where it was said that JC overdosed on prescription drugs. It also does not say that he attempted suicide. Overdosing is not typically a suicide attempt, but usually accidental.

For him and his girlfriend to both overdose, it sounds to me like they were doing heroin. If it was heroin, its possible that they were not regular users, or they were given a very strong batch, or possibly given a bad batch(meaning spiked with something). An unfamiliar environment will sometimes result in overdose. The body typically builds up a tolerance to drugs, by secreting certain chemicals to counteract the effect of the drugs. One way it does this is through recognition of certain environmental cues that are recognized by the brain as being associated with the drug use. It is my understanding that people overdose in hotel rooms and other unfamiliar surroundings for this reason.

If they were given a bad batch of heroin, and they are regular users, that would be very interesting.

1. I wish I would hear from LE WHY they believe those spotted on bikes are the girls.
2. I would like to hear more about the incident prior to the abduction where Lyric and a cousin disappeared for a bit...Like...did police actually come to the house and see if the girls were ok?
3. I would like to know when a NON-family member saw the girls last other than the grainy video and the man watering lawn.
4. I also would like to hear LE give a more detail desciption of the clothes they were wearing and the bikes.

In the spirit of healthy respectful debate that these WS forums promote and we as members agree to do, I would agree that having 2 youngsters deliver $$ or drugs or anything nefarious IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS, absurd, and morally reprenhensible.

I also think some folks would not think twice about doing so.

2m ago
Des Moines Register ‏@DMRegister

Missing Iowa girl's dad gets break from judge; trial postponed http://dmreg.co/PRkFBT

#evansdalesearch

I hate to say this - but how convenient.

Liz and Lyric - where are you????!!!

I could not imagine going day to day, month to month, year to year, not knowing where my child went. Or what happened.

1. I wish I would hear from LE WHY they believe those spotted on bikes are the girls.
2. I would like to hear more about the incident prior to the abduction where Lyric and a cousin disappeared for a bit...Like...did police actually come to the house and see if the girls were ok?
3. I would like to know when a NON-family member saw the girls last other than the grainy video and the man watering lawn.
4. I also would like to hear LE give a more detail desciption of the clothes they were wearing and the bikes.

Are you theorizing they actually went missing the first time and never reappeared..that the rest is made up or staged?

Heather would have had a cow if that were the case....hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member