IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see how it can be good. It is possible LE already know who the perp is, and are just watching/waiting for that person to give them probably cause for an arrest warrant. Why talk to Ollipop if they already know who did it?

I remember when we were angry with LE in the Sierra lamar case because we thought they were being incompetent and it turned out they had been trailing and tapping the phone lines of the perp for weeks already.

Same thing with the Mickey in Lafayette case--- we were upset that they were not plastering the picture of the damnwhitetruck up all over the state---and we were set on trying to help them find the truck.

Turns out they had it in their possession for weeks already and they already knew who the perp was. [ allegedly]

So imo, if they have not interviewed everyone, it is because they are already zooming in one someone in particular. jmo

God forbid I am ever investigated for anything. I have all of those items in my home.

This poor family. A ten year old girl is being smeared and her family is being picked apart.

I had better take a break. I'm pretty angry. :(

playing devil's advocate...MCM WAS arrested and convicted of being a part of a meth manufaturing ring and did have sudafed (which is ephedrine and a meth precursor)...

Did I miss something? I only can recall a post where someone local posted a photo of 3 empty cans of energy drink that seemed out of place. Were those drinks officially linked to the disappearance by LE?

I took those pics, and called them in to the tipline. Then I went out of town for a few days. I have no idea if my tip has been followed, nor if those cans were left there sometime after Fri the 13th. I haven't had the chance to head back over there, and I leave for work in 2hrs, so not likely I'll get the chance before tomorrow, but I'm definitely curious. No clue if they are linked at all to the case, tho.

And, related to another post, I'm not assuming any rumors I've heard are true. I've heard too many, and most are complete BS. There was a pretty big one last weekend that the girls had been found. It was all but confirmed on FB. So much so that local news and LE felt the need to actually say the rumor was false. To assume any rumors regarding a paddleboat are true, that a paddleboat was used in an abduction, by a witness, or whatever, are just that: unsubstantiated rumor.

Cash receipts could narrow down a time in which to scrutinize videotape, instead of having to watch hours of it. Just a thought.

It's getting harder all the time to think of something to contribute that a bunch of you haven't said before I can write it! I do have a somewhat different theory about what they're looking for on the receipts.

It is possible that they've received results on some of the evidence sent to the lab, and there were fingerprints, DNA or something belonging to one or both girls. Since they hadn't gone home for lunch or anything to drink, it's possible that someone had a little "picnic" with them, and left sandwich wrappers, drink bottles/cans, candy wrappers, or something behind. Finding where and when they were purchased, and looking at video from the store could really narrow down their search.

:seeya:For anyone interested...

Product Identification Coding (PIC) offers a veritable universe of information, rich with potential leads for the investigator who doesn’t overlook the possibilities

"Pick up the nearest mass-produced item. It might be a soda can, a pack of cigarettes, or a CD.
Somewhere on that item is at least one set of alphanumeric codes. When it comes to items like beer and soda, which are sold in cases or six packs, the numbers on the can contain volumes of information and, with a little persistence, an investigator can find out when that can was made, packaged, shipped, and delivered, and to what store."

http://www.online2.org/wksp-project...ent/sg313217000/readings/activ2-3-readDNA.pdf

Can't forget to mention DNA!

Having been involved in the supply chain side of a major soft drink company, I can state that end-to-end product traceability is done, from the product ingredients to the individual batches, to where the product goes. If there were ever a question about a faulty ingredient or batch of product, this prevents the need for a mass recall which could cost billions.......HOWEVER, in the real world, a mom-and-pop store might get some soda products delivered by a delivery driver or they might purchase in bulk from some other retailer like Costco. Further, once the product hits the store, there's no guarantee they will stock the coolers or shelves in the same order the product was received in the store....

playing devil's advocate...MCM WAS arrested and convicted of being a part of a meth manufaturing ring and did have sudafed (which is ephedrine and a meth precursor)...

I know what was implied with that list of ingredients. I am just floored that every single thing SOME members of this family say and do get twisted to reflect some nefarious goings-on.

Really? So because Elizabeth was home schooled, then Lyric the drug mule was OBVIOUSLY up to no good and is the reason both girls are missing?

Deep breath.

These girls and their families are victims. Not just DC, HC and EC. Lyric is a victim too, and so are her parents.

Please, please, please let's not blame a little girl for her own disappearance. Yes. Her parents have a checkered past. Yes, she made a duck face in a picture and wore dangly earrings. But she is STILL a little girl and the suggestions about her being posed are just wrong!

Okay. I really will take a break now. Sorry. :)

ETA: that was not directed at you, sweetpea. Just jumping off your post. My apologies!

Casey's has recently bought many convenience stores in the area. The one nearest my house, on River Forest, was an All-Stop not long ago. The one in Elk Run, I believe was a *advertiser censored*&Go recently. All the All-Stops in town, along with other gas stations, were recently taken over by Casey's, and undergone changes. I'd bet they have some kind of surveillance, but I'm not sure, and each store might be different. I know the one in Elk Run was recently remodeled (son's pre-school is nearby).

My point is that they had a hiring blitz, and you could apply at ANY location with the understanding that you may not be working at that same location.

I would suspect the FBI is looking for a receipt for something they may have as evidence - perhaps the energy drink cans, or cigarettes, or something else they may have found by the lake - that they will then attempt to tie to video or something. Or perhaps they've found something in a house or car or one of these neighborhood surprise raids, and are trying to see when/where/if it was purchased near the lake.

How far is this store from Myers Lake?

Cash receipts could narrow down a time in which to scrutinize videotape, instead of having to watch hours of it. Just a thought.

Many CCTV systems used in stores overlay the (point of sale..cash register) information on the video. This way the camera that sees the register can spot if the clerk is ringing up a no-sale when his friend stops in for a case of beer, or forgetting to ring-up sales.... This is more common in a larger national chain vs a local mom-and-pop store that is likely to have something less fancy when it comes to CCTV.

But those people still mixed them (some with alcohol) and LOTS of people do it every day. (I don't believe Jeramia's prescription consumption was a suicide attempt.)

TRIGGER WARNING:
Males that want to end their life use another method more frequently.

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

I think it was possibly a suicide attempt, but unrelated to the girls. I think it had more to do with being unable to bear the pain of a breakup with his girlfriend when he was also so hurt over the disappearance of his nieces. JMO. MMO. IMO. :-)

Could they be checking receipts to see if any of the employees suddenly left around the time the girls disappeared? Like someone said a few 0osts back, those receipts have cashier identifier along with the other usual info. Could be they suspect an employee from there, not Misty.

I can see how it can be good. It is possible LE already know who the perp is, and are just watching/waiting for that person to give them probable cause for an arrest warrant. Why talk to Ollipop if they already know who did it?

Ollipop has great ideas. LE should talk and LISTEN to Ollipop, IMO.

Having been involved in the supply chain side of a major soft drink company, I can state that end-to-end product traceability is done, from the product ingredients to the individual batches, to where the product goes. If there were ever a question about a faulty ingredient or batch of product, this prevents the need for a mass recall which could cost billions.......HOWEVER, in the real world, a mom-and-pop store might get some soda products delivered by a delivery driver or they might purchase in bulk from some other retailer like Costco. Further, once the product hits the store, there's no guarantee they will stock the coolers or shelves in the same order the product was received in the store....

True, it may be as simple as a finger print already on file with AFIS.

In an earlier post, someone suggested that they may not be releasing the description of the bikes because if someone calls in with a tip, they can ask them to describe the bikes to verify that they are talking about the correct bikes. It's just a quick way to ensure the validity of the tips. JMO.

Descriptions and pictures of the bikes are so important when we are talking about missing children. We still don't even know exactly what the girls were wearing...when they went missing.

One of the children had a mountain bike according to Aunt TB
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TAMMY BROUSSEAU, AUNT OF MISSING GIRLS: That is correct. I know Dan and I know Dylan (ph) very well. Dan does not have a job right now. He is staying with his mother, Vickie (ph), in Waterloo. He doesn`t even have a car. He knew absolutely nothing about this.

When Mom -- I had met Mom at her house because we had had some plans. She had originally left. When Misty showed up to pick up Lyric, and Mom said, you know, The girls have been off and it`s been a little bit too long, but you know, you guys need to go find your kids, Tammy and I have some other things that we`re doing, and Tammy`s at the house.

So Mom came and got me. We got a phone call back from Drew (ph), Elizabeth`s father, saying, You guys need to get back here and help. So me and Mom jumped in the car, and right away we came back. Kelly -- we picked up Kelly, the 12-year-old son, and we started going to all these places that they`d already checked.

I said immediately to my mom, I said, Take me to Meyers Lake, take me to Meyers Lake. This is approximately a quarter to 2:00 when I asked -- or a quarter to 3:00 when I asked Mom to take me to Meyers Lake.
We pulled into Meyers Lake, right about where Jim and I are standing. And I got up and just jumped out and started asking random people, Have you seen two little girls, one on a mountain bike, you know, gave the complete descriptions of them. And a man -- they have his name. I don`t know who he is. He said to me, Yes, I seen two little girls going west on the bike trail.

And as you can see, it`s a small lake. It`s not a huge lake. So the bike trail wraps around and then comes back east, and that`s where the bikes were, in fact, found.

So when Misty had -- when they`d found the bikes and called us and told us, Misty was standing here with us, Misty immediately called Dan and Dan called his mother. She was at work. She took work off, and she hurried up and picked Dan and Dylan up and came down here and met us to start the search and all of that for the kids, yes.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ng.html

It's getting harder all the time to think of something to contribute that a bunch of you haven't said before I can write it! I do have a somewhat different theory about what they're looking for on the receipts.

It is possible that they've received results on some of the evidence sent to the lab, and there were fingerprints, DNA or something belonging to one or both girls. Since they hadn't gone home for lunch or anything to drink, it's possible that someone had a little "picnic" with them, and left sandwich wrappers, drink bottles/cans, candy wrappers, or something behind. Finding where and when they were purchased, and looking at video from the store could really narrow down their search.

BBM: You know it!

That is PRECISELY how Matthew Hoffman was caught.

He bought garbage bags and tarps from Walmart prior to breaking in and murdering and dismembering his 3 beautiful victims.

He left the Walmart Bag with the receipt for the items in the garage of the victims' homes.

LE determined who he was by matching the purchase time to the video of him in the store at Walmart.

Actually, there are many cases where the perps have been caught by the simple factor that they held onto a receipt.

I hope a receipt helps brings the girls home.

I know what was implied with that list of ingredients. I am just floored that every single thing SOME members of this family say and do get twisted to reflect some nefarious goings-on.

Really? So because Elizabeth was home schooled, then Lyric the drug mule was OBVIOUSLY up to no good and is the reason both girls are missing?

Deep breath.

These girls and their families are victims. Not just DC, HC and EC. Lyric is a victim too, and so are her parents.

Please, please, please let's not blame a little girl for her own disappearance. Yes. Her parents have a checkered past. Yes, she made a duck face in a picture and wore dangly earrings. But she is STILL a little girl and the suggestions about her being posed are just wrong!

Well said! Since I've only been here a little over a week, I don't feel comfortable saying things like that, but sometimes they do need to be said.

Deep breath.

I think you are mis-reading the posts about Lyric being a drug mule. I can't speak for everyone, but I was one who DO think it was possible. However, I don't think she KNOWINGLY did it. I think she was used, because of her age and innocence level. I was not blaming her AT ALL. I just think it's possible that someone said, "Honey, could you please run this gift down to so and so?" And she had NO idea what she was doing. It's also possible that she figured it out, since she fought with Dan a week before her disappearance about having to do a "chore" for him that she didn't want to do. She was so mad about having to do that chore, that she was planning to run away. Could that chore have been delivering drugs? Possibly. Dan doesn't have a car. I'm just saying I don't rule it out. But I would never blame Lyric.

Wow. I've seen some really creative theories. I'm glad people are thinking outside of the box.

Here are two things that this case has in common with the Celis case: a girl played softball the night before she disappeared and a girl was an avid churchgoer. I'm sure police are interested in anyone who was at that softball game and anyone who went to Elizabeth's church.

There is a lot of chaos regarding family members of Lyric. But do not get tunnel vision. The reality is that the abduction may be related to Elizabeth. So be sure to look at both sides.

Lastly, there must be a nurse or doctor around here who can tell us about drug interactions and how someone could become seriously ill from taking multiple drugs at the same time. It happens. It's entirely possible that this uncle was prescribed something or was told by a friend or relative to take something to curb depression, anxiety, etc. And it's possible that the medication conflicted with another medication. And it's possible that two people took these same medications either to treat their conditions or to get a high.

I think it's really premature to read much into the hospital visit. But I'm sure police will follow up. As they should.

Not a nurse but I do know from experience (not myself) that heroin mixed with xanax or other benzodiazepine is very very dangerous because the user can just stop breathing. That was my first thought. Of course, the user can stop breathing from an overdose of heroin alone.

In all the cases I've followed, I've never seen such numerous reports of attempted abductions as I have with this one. It's certainly alarming and, I hope, extremely out of the ordinary.

The same thing is happening here in my area. I am on the Gulf Coast. Hardly a week has gone by this summer when we haven't heard of attempted abductions. Several media reports have noted that there has been an increase in reports and, as far as I know from the articles I've read, they are following a similiar pattern (trucks or vans & puppies). Also, most often the incidents involve a male/female couple approaching children in their own yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MandyLynn1109