IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of the disappearance of Victoria Stafford. The mother was involved with drug abuse (oxycontin), so until the child was found, the focus was on the mother and her drug connections. A few months later, two people were arrested, Victoria was found deceased and there was no connection to the mother or drugs. It was simply a nasty man and his girlfriend that lured, attacked and murdered an 8 year old girl.

The mother and the female abductor were known to each other.. I think the female had been in the house before and met Victoria.

Update - link below states there was a dog breeding association.

Victoria's was not a "stranger" abduction as such. Mind you, I have never believed this was, either.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2009/05/20/tori-stafford.html

:moo:

More info here.

Just bouncing off your post..

So let me get this straight. Dan was supposed to appear in court the day before the girls disappeared (7/12) to accept a plea deal that would give him a mandatory 5 yrs in jail rather than 45 yrs - and he decided not to accept it and wants a trial instead? No wonder why they wanted him under pre-trial supervision. Maybe he is/was going to run for it. Maybe the girls have a head start in getting wherever he planned to go. JMO

IIRC the mother and the female abductor were known to each other, and yes, through the drug-using circles they mixed in. I think the female had been in the house before and met Victoria.

Victoria's was not a "stranger" abduction as such. Mind you, I have never believed this was, either.

:moo:

It was a stranger abduction. It happened in a small town where people may know each other by sight, but there was absolutely no relationship between the murderers and the mother of the child.

Even if it turns out that the person(s) that abducted Elizabeth and Lyric uses meth, that is not a reason to assume that the mother has a relationship with the abductor.

I think you are mis-reading the posts about Lyric being a drug mule. I can't speak for everyone, but I was one who DO think it was possible. However, I don't think she KNOWINGLY did it. I think she was used, because of her age and innocence level. I was not blaming her AT ALL. I just think it's possible that someone said, "Honey, could you please run this gift down to so and so?" And she had NO idea what she was doing. It's also possible that she figured it out, since she fought with Dan a week before her disappearance about having to do a "chore" for him that she didn't want to do. She was so mad about having to do that chore, that she was planning to run away. Could that chore have been delivering drugs? Possibly. Dan doesn't have a car. I'm just saying I don't rule it out. But I would never blame Lyric.

Maybe she didn't know what she was delivering, but she was afraid of who she was delivering it to. Enough so that she'd rather run away than have to do it again.

From the Atlanta Journal Constitution:

'Morrissey's mother-in-law, Wylma Cook, said Morrissey had been giving investigators information on other methamphetamine makers in recent months to shave time off his own possible sentence. "Dan 'narc-ed' on a bunch of people," Cook said, using a slang term for telling police about other drug users and dealers. "Everybody knows that." '

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/judge-delays-trial-for-1485871.html

Wow....sure Dan wants to thank her for probably shortening his life. Druggies don't like narcs......................

Wow....sure Dan wants to thank her for probably shortening his life. Druggies don't like narcs......................

Yeah, her comment just gave him a death warrant imo. These people are scary. I'm so glad my life is 'normal'.

This reminds me of the disappearance of Victoria Stafford. The mother was involved with drug abuse (oxycontin), so until the child was found, the focus was on the mother and her drug connections. A few months later, two people were arrested, Victoria was found deceased and there was no connection to the mother or drugs. It was simply a nasty man and his girlfriend that lured, attacked and murdered an 8 year old girl.

True, but you can't NOT investigate them.

The only thing I can think of is he is planning on leaving the country and needs more time to get stuff together? And no that is not my theory or even what I think is happening, I just don't know why else he'd want to postpone it.

he may have given them some names and the authorities wanted more or were wanting someone in particular and DM wasn't ready or not sure if he wanted to give up that person. just tossing that out there.

The only thing I can think of is he is planning on leaving the country and needs more time to get stuff together? And no that is not my theory or even what I think is happening, I just don't know why else he'd want to postpone it.

Maybe one of the persons he narced on told him he would never see his daughter again and he needed more time to protect her. I would go to prison for many years to stop someone from harming my daughter.

( or cigarettes, or something else they may have found by the lake - that they will then attempt to tie to video or something.

A few days back, someone here was asking if cigarette butts were taken as evidence. I watched a segment with JVM on youtube last night and she stated that LE did take cigarette butts from the lake. She didn't say how close they were to the bikes.

I would imagine even less when the narcs get to prison...my guess it wouldn't be too pleasant for him there.

It was a stranger abduction. It happened in a small town where people may know each other by sight, but there was absolutely no relationship between the murderers and the mother of the child.

Even if it turns out that the person(s) that abducted Elizabeth and Lyric uses meth, that is not a reason to assume that the mother has a relationship with the abductor.

Murder of Victoria Stafford - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The mother was familiar with one of the two That we're arrested for her killing.
In court, McDonald admitted she had been to McClintic's house twice prior to the kidnapping — once to buy OxyContin from the young woman's mother, Carol, and the second time to discuss the possibility of breeding their dogs

Read more: http://www.canada.com/news/Victoria...e+suspicions/6601478/story.html#ixzz21r0AbEQ1

Where is this Scott Reavis guy these days? Is there motive for retaliation at Misty? MOO

I am pretty sure I have found a picture of his son with JW, for what that is worth. Not sure if they are possible relatives or what, but I am almost 100% sure the person in the photo with him has the same last name.

Murder of Victoria Stafford - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The mother was familiar with one of the two That we're arrested for her killing.

Rumor swirled about a relationship between the mother and the murderers, but the trial revealed that there was no relationship.

The mother had a dog and the mother of one of the murderers had a dog. The mother and the murderers abused drugs. The was the beginning and end of the connection between the two.

If the abductors of Elizabeth and Lyric own a dog and abuse meth, that is no reason to conclude that there is a relationship between the parents of the missing girls and an abductor.

I really think that the idea of delivering drugs being one of Lyric's "chores" is very far fetched. When I was a kid, my chores were things like cleaning my room, helping with dishes, setting the table, dusting, etc. If I was getting lax in doing them, my grandmother, and sometimes other people, would lecture me about not doing my chores and helping my mother out.

I don't see anything sinister about Dan doing the same thing if grandma had mentioned to him that she hadn't cleaned her room, had left toys laying around, didn't dry dishes, or whatever.. Since there wasn't supposed to be contact between him and Misty, I'm just assuming it was WC who said it.

Just bouncing off your post..

So let me get this straight. Dan was supposed to appear in court the day before the girls disappeared (7/12) to accept a plea deal that would give him a mandatory 5 yrs in jail rather than 45 yrs - and he decided not to accept it and wants a trial instead? No wonder why they wanted him under pre-trial supervision. Maybe he is/was going to run for it. Maybe the girls have a head start in getting wherever he planned to go. JMO
bbm
That really isn't logical. What does he intend to use as evidence to clear himself of these charges? No living witnesses?

Re: chores

In the interview of DM's mother she said something about somebody (I thought she said the girls) were cleaning their house everyday...that would be where Dan lives..MOO

I took those pics, and called them in to the tipline. Then I went out of town for a few days. I have no idea if my tip has been followed, nor if those cans were left there sometime after Fri the 13th. I haven't had the chance to head back over there, and I leave for work in 2hrs, so not likely I'll get the chance before tomorrow, but I'm definitely curious. No clue if they are linked at all to the case, tho.

And, related to another post, I'm not assuming any rumors I've heard are true. I've heard too many, and most are complete BS. There was a pretty big one last weekend that the girls had been found. It was all but confirmed on FB. So much so that local news and LE felt the need to actually say the rumor was false. To assume any rumors regarding a paddleboat are true, that a paddleboat was used in an abduction, by a witness, or whatever, are just that: unsubstantiated rumor.

Thanks for clearing that up about the cans. It is what I thought I remembered--which, at my age, always comes as a relief.

I am not sure if you meant to direct that second paragraph to me? I don't remember posting any questions about the paddle boat (but my memory seems to worsening by the minute). I hope it is ok if I address it anyway?

I would agree that any speculation about HOW the boat was involved, is just that- speculation. With all due respect, the request for a paddle boater to come forward because of something they might have seen did come from LE. I wouldn't think that they would make such a request based solely on unsubstantiated rumor.

Apologies in advance if I misunderstood your point.

:moo::moo::moo:

"We're not ruling anything out with regard to the investigation, to include Daniel Morrissey's criminal history, his known associates, any prior or future criminal activities," he [Black Hawk County Sheriff Tony Thompson] said. "We're not ruling out any of those."

Sheriff even repeated it for emphasis.

Same Sheriff speaking today re girls' Uncle:

"It all took a toll on him," Wylma Cook said. "My grandchildren were his prize possessions. He loved the children, and he's a very soft-hearted person."

Thompson, the sheriff, said the overdose was not related to the girls' disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member