IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe the Sheriff was quite clear in his comments today:

Snipped

"We're not ruling anything out with regard to the investigation, to include Daniel Morrissey's criminal history, his known associates, any prior or future criminal activities," he said. "We're not ruling out any of those."

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Father-of-Missing-Iowa-Girl-Due-in-Court-Friday-163986616.html

BBM -

I wonder what that means? "Future" criminal activities? How could the investigation into the girls' disappearances have any relation to future actions?

The purse was reportedly thrown over a fence. Jim, from CNN, posted here a week or so ago and said that the purse/cell phone were between the fence and the lake.

The first stories that came out said the purse was between the fence and the interstate. Some info. about that at the beginning of thread #1.

That needle always makes me all nervous. Like I oughta confess to sumpin'.

:worms: Speaking of needles (I'm not speculating on anyone in particular here) but wouldn't it be nice (maybe) if everyone could just have a shot of truth serum and then take it from there.

Searching should still be going on, i.e. dogs, volunteers, LE, and what about those heat sensing helicopters?

IMO, LE should focus searching all buildings and homes on Lafayette, Brovan, Sipple and River Forest Road and this is just the beginning, and specifically where Lafayette dead ends.

Maybe LE is doing more than we hear about, but searching should continue.

Just imo.

I am new here, have been following the case since the beginning.
I noticed when DM was in court on the Thursday 7-12-2012 he was not prepared/ready to go to jail THAT day, so they continued it. A deal is made where his time is cut down alot.
The girls go missing the next day.
Maybe DM knew something was going to happen, as he had already ratted out some people, enough to get time off his sentence, and LE wanted him to give them more names?
LE says they KNOW the girls are alive. The big thing in this whole case is the DRUGS, so would it be possible the girls are in some type of a safe house, until the whole drug thing is blown wide open, and then the girls come home, safe?
JMHO and I am thinking out loud.

YES YES YES this I believe - that the girls are in a safe house that the feds/FBI have full knowledge and confirmation of. I hold fast to the belief the FBI would not say they believe the girls are alive unless they absolutely knew it to be true. I do not know of any other case the FBI has ever made that statement. I think it is majorly significant and extraordinary. IT IS NOT THE SAME THING AS THE FBI SAYING THEY HAVE NO EVIDENCE INDICATING THE GIRLS ARE DECEASED. That is a different statement altogether. It is also a different statement if coming from local LE. This the frickin' FBI. They do not make frivolous statements. If someone could cite another case where an official FBI spokesperson stated publically "we believe the missing person(s) is alive" and it turned out to not be so I will change my opinion. Until then I think it was huge that they said it, and that it indicates the girls are safe somewhere. I do not know why they have not disclosed such key info to the parents if indeed it is true and they have not let them know.

I also think we may never know for sure if this is what happened, because telling us that would divulge confidential informants and operations that need to stay covert in order to be effective. In that kind of situation, I do not know how this case could be resolved favorably, positively and publically. I mean, I don't have a scenario in mind how the girls could miraculously show up without an explanation that would not expose such undercover/underground efforts and tactics. Occam's Razor it is not.

BBM -

I wonder what that means? "Future" criminal activities? How could the investigation into the girls' disappearances have any relation to future actions?

could he possibly be referring to perjury, as it is a crime?

does anyone know the date of lyrics runaway? thanks

Id hope that the search party will continue in Evansdale. Everything first searched should be searched again.

BBM -

If they were abducted for the purpose of using them for child *advertiser censored* or prostitution, that would be a future crime, I guess.

MOO

Being a newbie here, I have one question, When they first went missing and they couldn't find them, Who said" Take me to Meyers Lake" and had Meyers Lake already been mentioned at that point? Just wondering what made them want to go to Meyers Lake. TIA :)

I hear you, but even if there were no meth involvement in histories, if it is a suburban type of community, I believe family would go to all the local parks to search-particularly when girls this age go missing while riding on their bikes.

Could be a well known "trading post" too. ??

YES YES YES this I believe - that the girls are in a safe house that the feds/FBI have full knowledge and confirmation of. I hold fast to the belief the FBI would not say they believe the girls are alive unless that absolutely knew it to be true. I do not know of any other case they have ever made that statement. I think it is majorly significant and extraordinary. IT IS NOT THE SAME THING AS THE FBI SAYING THEY HAVE NO EVIDENCE INDICATING THE GIRLS ARE DECEASED. That is a different statement altogether. It is also a different statement if coming from local LE, but this is the frickin' FBI. If someone could cite another case where an official FBI spokesperson stated publically "we believe the missing person(s) is alive" and it turned out to not be so I will change my opinion. Until then I think it was huge that they said it, and that it indicates the girls are safe somewhere. I do not know why they have not disclosed such key info to the parents if indeed it is true and they have not.

Would/could the FBI do anything with two young girls without their parents being notified? I just can't see putting the parents/families through this much anguish, IMO.

But it is interesting how the FBI has stated they believe the girls are alive. Let's hope they are right about that.

I am new here, have been following the case since the beginning.
I noticed when DM was in court on the Thursday 7-12-2012 he was not prepared/ready to go to jail THAT day, so they continued it. A deal is made where his time is cut down alot.
The girls go missing the next day.
Maybe DM knew something was going to happen, as he had already ratted out some people, enough to get time off his sentence, and LE wanted him to give them more names?
LE says they KNOW the girls are alive. The big thing in this whole case is the DRUGS, so would it be possible the girls are in some type of a safe house, until the whole drug thing is blown wide open, and then the girls come home, safe?
JMHO and I am thinking out loud.

Welcome! This is a great comment! I hadn't considered that Dan might not have taken the plea because he thought he could get AN EVEN BETTER plea by narc-ing on more people to LE!

Also, I can see why he would look nervous now. He still has a 16 year old son.

(I'm 4 pages behind, so sorry if this was said!)

That's a great idea! I think I do need a drink and heck it's after 5:00! :toast:

Ok, I am convinced that the girls left for a bike ride at 11:30, and Grandma saw them behind Lederman's when the camera captured them. If that was in fact at 12:19 (time stamp 12:11 + 8 minutes per owner/mgr's cell phone) then TG did not see these girl's bikes. But how weird is that that he would see two other bikes without riders AND L&E's bikes would actually end up there???

Wait a minute. OMG. What if he did see the bikes at that time?

Okay, the girls ride their bikes to the lake at around 11:30. at around 12:10 their bikes were laying across the path because they were down by the shore doing whatever they were doing. [ talking to a guy on a paddle boat ?]

The guy on the boat says hey, if you girls want to borrow this boat then go meet me at the house on the corner.

So at 12:10 ish they ride their bikes back to the pking lot by Grandma, so they can 'check in' with her really quick. They wave to her, and ride back to the lake very fast so they can borrow the boat...

MAYBE TG saw them BEFORE the girls rode back to town, not after?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member