IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you are reading too much into it. I have also picked up on Dan's use of the word, "destination". And Misti smoothing it all over. I also think I noticed her nudge him to shut him up. It is extremely coincidental for the same child to go missing twice within a few days. I am sure LE is noting this.

IMO, and I said it earlier, Dan is great fall-guy. In my mind, all of the family's past and current acquaintances, friendships, relationships, histories must be looked into-both parents, not simply Dan's.

IMO, and I said it earlier, Dan is great fall-guy. In my mind, all of the family's past and current acquaintances, friendships, relationships, histories must be looked into-both parents, not simply Dan's.

I think that it was pretty widely known and knew he'd be in the limelight.

Do we know if TG has been cleared?

I haven't heard a timeline for that. Misti looked rather uncomfortable when Dan brought that up and she brushed over it like it was nothing, "They were just gone a wee bit too long, but they wern't far" I think she said they came up as we were calling police. I have not heard if they actually called police or if the police followed up with the call and determined the girls did actually arrive home safely.

Dont know how to bold on ipad,but about unwitting courier,heres a video that caught my attention:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/07/17/iowa-girl-went-missing-days-earlier

At 1:07 dad says they were to go to a "destination" and come back, then mom smoothes it over at 2:00 saying they were going to the park. Anybody find it odd that a destination and back turns into a walk to the park that lasted too long? Guess i thought odd he didnt just say. Interesting article... Maybe im reading too much into it though

She says they weren't really far away at all - they were just playing at the park. I remember earlier in these threads Abben or someone was quoted as saying they were not aware of this previous situation and people were speculating that if LE was called right as they came walking up - perhaps a police report was never made. I am wondering now if maybe she told Dan she called LE but she really never did.

Why I believe it's someone local? Because the house across the lake from where the bikes were found is empty. They would have to of known that noone was there to see them.

Can we get off the meth senarios, why isn't stranger abduction the topic? As I said before, there are many abduction attempts in Iowa right now.

None of the stranger abduction attempts are related to this case while meth is central to every aspect of this case. You have your ideas, others are free to present theirs. I have come to my conclusions slowly, over time, as all the evidence has been exposed. This case is still evolving, it is live and dynamic. I am not tied to any one scenario, but my gut feelings lean towards it due to the overwhelming coincidences of 'narc' activity, court dates, plea bargins, etc. either this is just the worst week of coincidences for this family, or there is a method to the events unfolding. With the known facts, (plus what we don't know) the chances are extremely slim that this family would be struck by a random stranger abduction on this particular day. I just can't ignore the landslide of circumstantial evidence and believe it was a random event. Attempted abductions happen everywhere, every day.

You have to think like a kid, riding past the skatepark which is on the nature trail/bike trail would be something I would do. Again that trail leads straight to where the bikes were found.

Why I believe it's someone local? Because the house across the lake from where the bikes were found is empty. They would have to of known that noone was there to see them.

Can you explain how you think this fact is related to other attemped abductions in Iowa? I am curious why you feel so strongly about this location. Have you been there?

None of the stranger abduction attempts are related to this case while meth is central to every aspect of this case. You have your ideas, others are free to present theirs. I have come to my conclusions slowly, over time, as all the evidence has been exposed. This case is still evolving, it is live and dynamic. I am not tied to any one scenario, but my gut feelings lean towards it due to the overwhelming coincidences of 'narc' activity, court dates, plea bargins, etc. either this is just the worst week of coincidences for this family, or there is a method to the events unfolding. With the known facts, (plus what we don't know) the chances are extremely slim that this family would be struck by a random stranger abduction on this particular day. I just can't ignore the landslide of circumstantial evidence and believe it was a random event. Attempted abductions happen everywhere, every day.

The great thing about this site, is we can all put our heads together and brain storm. I appreciate your theory.

According to this article, DM's defense attorney knows why he didn't plead guilty.

http://www.kcrg.com/evansdaledisapp...-Girl-Faces-Trial-Amid-Search--163755026.html

Schoeberl said he knows why Morrissey did not plead guilty July 12 but declined to discuss it.

And this...

The girls' aunt, Tammy Brousseau, said Morrissey backed out of a plea agreement in the cases earlier this month because he did not want to be jailed immediately, which it required. She said she believed he would ultimately accept a plea bargain rather than take his chances at trials to reduce the potential prison term he faces.

makes no sense at all. I think I have a poor understanding of how criminal law works.

No, I think Aunt Tammy has a poor understanding of how criminal law works.

Don't know if this has been linked before.

Snipped:

Missing Iowa cousins could have been abducted by drug dealers as payback after one of the girls' fathers snitched to police.
The grandmother of Lyric Cook, 10, who disappeared on July 13 with cousin Elizabeth Collins, 8, said today that Lyric's father, Dan Morrissey, could have made an enemy after giving investigators information on local drug users and dealers to shave time off his own possible sentence.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lins-abducted-drug-dealers.html#ixzz21sesfL7E

Can you explain how you think this fact is related to other attemped abductions in Iowa? I am curious why you feel so strongly about this location. Have you been there?

Have I been to Evansdale and the lake? Yes. Hwy 20 runs across Iowa from Waterloo to the west where the other attempted abductions were.

Dont know if i can say this but one of misty friend is last name wyant! That empty house is owned by another last name of wyant. Found it on another thread!

Have I been to Evansdale and the lake? Yes. Hwy 20 runs across Iowa from Waterloo to the west where the other attempted abductions were.

I'd still like to know how they were able to get two girls, but failed at getting one girl in the other attempts.

If it's the same perp, then the search for the girls bodies should be underway.

On the west end of the state is Dubuque where an attempted abduction was a few days ago. Hwy 20 going east.

Ok...wait a second. How/why is it that LE was able to clear 200+ RSO in less than 24 hrs...and they are just NOW getting around to going through DM's contacts? That really throws me for a loop...

MOO

200+ RSOs cleared in 24 hours is a bunch of malarkey.

:moo::moo::moo:

I'd still like to know how they were able to get two girls, but failed at getting one girl in the other attempts.

If it's the same perp, then the search for the girls bodies should be underway.

Who knows, could be two perps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members