IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_507d9bca-d2b1-11e1-8f0b-0019bb2963f4.html
The girls' grandmother, Wylma Cook, said the girls left the Collins home late morning for a bike ride.
She saw them just a short time later behind Lederman’s clothing store. Closed circuit cameras recorded them in that area about 12:15 p.m.

The video I saw was very grainy, but it did appear to me that the girls were riding their bikes very fast. Have they determined if anyone was following/chasing them. Or maybe they were in a hurry to meet up with someone. Just an observation.

Also I watch a lot of true crime shows e.g. 48 hours, Investigation ID etc., in every show where there is a murder because of failed drug deals or involving drugs, the perps always say that killing children is not what they do. They would go after the actual person who ratted them out or even their wife, but not the children. Just a thought to ponder.

Re: energy drinks

Gma mentioned that they come in and get V-8.

I would suspect that the energy drinks Ollipop took pics of were consumed by teens or adults most likely...I also think LE should have picked them up as a potential DNA source down the road. MOO

... not directed at me but ... I'm inclined to think that this was a stranger abduction. People don't kidnap little girls unless they are interested in little girls ... that's usually a stranger-abduction situation that does not end well, but there have been instances where a friend of the family abducted a young girl.

If it's a pedophile, IMO, it will not be a random stranger. While not a family member, the abductor/s may be from the underbelly of the meth community.

I am new here, have been following the case since the beginning.
I noticed when DM was in court on the Thursday 7-12-2012 he was not prepared/ready to go to jail THAT day, so they continued it. A deal is made where his time is cut down alot.
The girls go missing the next day.
Maybe DM knew something was going to happen, as he had already ratted out some people, enough to get time off his sentence, and LE wanted him to give them more names?
LE says they KNOW the girls are alive. The big thing in this whole case is the DRUGS, so would it be possible the girls are in some type of a safe house, until the whole drug thing is blown wide open, and then the girls come home, safe?
JMHO and I am thinking out loud.

I agree with you totally. Welcome to Websleuths!

I can't help but wonder what the odds would be for family members to go to the exact place that their missing children's bikes were found, in such a short time after they had been "abducted"? My bet would be that THAT has never happened before.

You're right. I'd forgotten that. Stupid time line is gonna drive all of us to drink............:maddening:

Now if someone would figure out TG(12:20ish doesn't work for me, unless the girls were off the bikes and out of sight) and the 2:30 report of the bikes and girls. :maddening::maddening::maddening::maddening:

That's a great idea! I think I do need a drink and heck it's after 5:00! :toast:

Ok, I am convinced that the girls left for a bike ride at 11:30, and Grandma saw them behind Lederman's when the camera captured them. If that was in fact at 12:19 (time stamp 12:11 + 8 minutes per owner/mgr's cell phone) then TG did not see these girl's bikes. But how weird is that that he would see two other bikes without riders AND L&E's bikes would actually end up there???

lol me too. I am definitely confused about the criminal system.
I wasn't aware that the accused/convicted accused could play down
or talk down a sentence. I need to read more. ;)imho

Search 'plea bargaining' on the net. It is how most cases are settled instead of going to trial.

Cook said she is "praying so hard" for the girls' safety while picking over the details of the day she last saw them, when they left for a bike ride at 11:30 a.m.
Cook said Lyric knew she had to return home shortly because Lyric and Cook planned to leave for the home they shared in nearby Waterloo with Lyric's mother, Misty Morrissey, by 1:30 p.m. Cook said she expected the girls to return for lunch or a drink of water or juice as they always did when they were playing in the heat.
"That's what's just so strange about all of it," she said.
Cook said she got nervous when they weren't back by 12:30 p.m. and started driving around town looking for them. After an hour of searching, she returned to the home. Cook said that Misty Morrissey stopped by after getting off work.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/24/wylma-cook-iowa-cousins_n_1699780.html

snipped
Eight-year-old Elizabeth Collins and 10-year-old Lyric Cook were last seen by their grandmother around 11:30 a.m. on Friday when they asked to go for a short bike ride.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/07/17/missing-girls-grandmother-somebody-could-have-snatched-them

I have a question about the above. I know I read in a recent article that when Misty arrived (and the other Mom I think), that Grandma said she had plans with the other sister (Tammy?), and told the Mom's they'd have to go find their kids, then she left to do whatever she had planned with Tammy. Then at some point Grandma and Tammy were called and told they needed to come help find the girls.

Am I remembering wrong?

But, the point is, taking two girls is not hard, it isn't hard to control people when they are in fear for their lives, and it is very possible that they will go willingly, and quietly. It happens. It also happens that a person with evil intent can just be in the right place at the right time and take advantage of a situation as fast as a blink of the eye. It happened to me.

I was abducted when I was in elementary school by three men. They were all in one car. Two jumped out and nabbed me while the driver stayed in the car. If the girls didn't go willingly then there may have been multiple perps.

That's a great idea! I think I do need a drink and heck it's after 5:00!

Ok, I am convinced that the girls left for a bike ride at 11:30, and Grandma saw them behind Lederman's when the camera captured them. If that was in fact at 12:19 (time stamp 12:11 + 8 minutes per owner/mgr's cell phone) then TG did not see these girl's bikes. But how weird is that that he would see two other bikes without riders AND L&E's bikes would actually end up there???

:maddening::maddening::maddening::maddening:

A previous posted raised the possibility that the reason family called LE when Lyric was late coming home prior to the abduction could have been because the family had been ''warned'' or concerned that harm could potentially befall the girls as retribution for DM dropping a dime on his business partners. (yeah, I know, massive run on sentence). I think it was Grandma who stated that the girls generally had to check in after an hour of playing, riding their bikes around the neighbourhood, etc. A lot can happen in an hour. If there was genuine fear for their safety, isn't an hour a bit long to wait before asking them to check in ?

I don't think it is the METH aspect alone that is making people look in that direction....but, the METH along with the odd behavior, crazy timeline, prior report of child missing, along with the evidence or lack of evidence, along with statistics, along with the timing of abduction to the court case, along with the supervised surveillance and walking out on LDT, along with refusing to cooperate with police...etc

Does anyone know how long the girls were lost the first time over in Waterloo before LE was called? I'm guessing 12:30 to 2:45 was the time frame on the 13th. That's 2hrs and 15 mins. Just curious....???

I was abducted when I was in elementary school by three men. They were all in one car. Two jumped out and nabbed me while the driver stayed in the car. If the girls didn't go willingly then there may have been multiple perps.

Thank goodness you are alive!!!:what:

I'm not totally convinced that it has to do with his plea agreement, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they find that it does. I've known 3 people who have paid the consequences, and none was similar to this.

One I was told is in WP, but I know he hasn't been seen since his testimony. For his sake, I hope it's true.

One was believed to have turned state's evidence against someone, and was found dismembered and stuffed in a duffle bag. He hadn't actually been the one to give evidence to LE, but the person believed he was and had his brother and some friends take care of him.

The 3rd one left after testifying, and people thought he had entered WP. He had actually moved to another state, settled down, got married and had a couple kids. Several years later (I can't remember how many, somewhere between 5 and 10), he disappeared again. People thought he'd just gotten tired of his new life and moved on. His body was found a few years ago buried in his back yard with a bullet in his head (I might be off on the cause of death, but I believe he was shot. That part is actually on this site somewhere with no info about him). People here believe that those who were looking for him eventually tracked him down.

Of course. none of those cases proves that someone involved in this one wouldn't give a warning rather than just retaliate, but it just doesn't strike me as something likely to happen except on tv.

I can't help but wonder what the odds would be for family members to go to the exact place that their missing children's bikes were found, in such a short time after they had been "abducted"? My bet would be that THAT has never happened before.

I hear you, but even if there were no meth involvement in histories, if it is a suburban type of community, I believe family would go to all the local parks to search-particularly when girls this age go missing while riding on their bikes.

I am new here, have been following the case since the beginning.
I noticed when DM was in court on the Thursday 7-12-2012 he was not prepared/ready to go to jail THAT day, so they continued it. A deal is made where his time is cut down alot.
The girls go missing the next day.
Maybe DM knew something was going to happen, as he had already ratted out some people, enough to get time off his sentence, and LE wanted him to give them more names?
LE says they KNOW the girls are alive. The big thing in this whole case is the DRUGS, so would it be possible the girls are in some type of a safe house, until the whole drug thing is blown wide open, and then the girls come home, safe?
JMHO and I am thinking out loud.

:seeya::welcome:

OT

I am so sorry to hear about your experience. I wonder how many posters are here because we had horrible experiences as children? I was groomed for three years by a molester but thankfully got away before any physical damage was done. Plus, I am interested because in my hometown a Boy Scout leader molested boys for almost 30 years before being caught, starting with my classmates.

OMG! That's terrible I'm sure you know you are so lucky to here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member