IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is few days old but I don't remember seeing it posted.

http://kaaltv.com/article/stories/S2702243.shtml?cat=10226

(ABC 6 News) -- A sex offender wanted in Colorado and Missouri has been questioned by investigators in Iowa..........was arrested Friday at the Floyd County Fairgrounds in Charles City. Authorities say he was wanted in those other states for sex crimes against children. Investigators determined he was not in the area when the girls were abducted from Evansdale.

Saw that, but don't think it applys, IDK

This is a good thought! Let me chew on this for a bit...

ETA: The thing is it doesn't seem both things are possible 1) the girls on camera at 12:19 and 2) TG seeing their bikes at 12:20-12:27.

Keeping in mind that TG's clock could very well be off too. Even if his cell phone DID say 12:27 when he made that call to his daughter, maybe if you were to compare that time to the time stamp on the camera footage.

I don't think we will EVER be able to nail it down without some sort of confirmation from LE as to whether or not these witnesses are confirmed on not only what they saw, but when they saw it.

ETA: I see you already clarified this - sorry, behind again. lol

I think a sexual predator, maybe a team of them, was scoping out the girls for a little while already. Maybe they were 'friends' from the drug trade, maybe not.

But I think the girls went riding that morning and ran into these perps somewhere. They seemed friendly, maybe even familiar, at first. They offered the girls a lure of some kind, perhaps even the use of the paddle boat. It was only about noon and the girls wanted to take part in the 'offer' but they needed to check in with grandma first.

I think they may have been talking with the perps down by the shore, or in the wooded area, when TG rode by and saw the bikes in the path. It might have been about 12:12 or so, and the girls hurried back to the parking lot by their home, and waved at Grandma at 12:19.

Then they rode as fast as they could back to the trail so they could meet their friends and borrow the paddle boat. They were told to leave their stuff by the trail and walk over to the dock by the house nearby. That's what they did....

Um..I don't believe the bikes were mentioned in the call to his daughter btw...it was a call regarding something else and was a reference point to when he would have been on the trail and swerved...MOO I think the timing is virtually impossible with the surveillance tape time stamp as was reported; even more so, if it could have been off by 8 minutes. Doesn't jive. JMHO I have no explanation or opinion regarding credibility of his swerve report, just to be clear. Either the camera time stamps were completely wrong or the report was not useful to establish when the swerve might have occurred...or even if the bikes were the girls' bikes. So bizarre.

Three of the current charges he faces are for drugs and the fourth is for domestic violence. He hurt he wife, including breaking her finger and choking her by putting his knee on her neck. IIRC

Thanks, i keep thinking if pills like oxycontin or cocaine or heroin seems like theyd have large operations in the background but meth i guess i still need to learn more about, seems so mom and pop - meaning who was so important dm snitched on they shaved so much time off his upcoming term, when all i keep hearing about is involvement in meth. didnt MCM go to jail for manufact meth? :confused:

Saw that, but don't think it applys, IDK

You're right. I deleted my original post. I misread and thought they questioned him even after they knew he wasn't in the area.

Would/could the FBI do anything with two young girls without their parents being notified? I just can't see putting the parents/families through this much anguish, IMO.

But it is interesting how the FBI has stated they believe the girls are alive. Let's hope they are right about that.

I was thinking the same thing... I want so much for that to be true, but if is they're sure putting a lot of people through he** until they tell everyone. The ONLY reason I can think of to not tell the families is if they're worried it would somehow jeopardize the girls or another investigation they might be working on.

The gentleman who saw the girls the day they disappeared,
Was he in that area for another 10, 20 minutes.
Could he see the entire lae from where how stood?
Could he hear a boat start?
Hear The girls scream or yell or even laugh?

He wouldn't have heard any of that because right after he saw their bikes the girls came and got them and rode back to town, imo. They waved to grandma, and then raced back to the lake to borrow the paddleboat. [ or whatever lure they were given.]

Okay, someone tell me, why is the timeline a big deal?

Because without it you have no idea of the starting point of the crime.

The timeline is essential, imo. It is what tells you where the kids were and who they came into contact with.

Because without it you have no idea of the starting point of the crime.

The timeline is essential, imo. It is what tells you where the kids were and who they came into contact with.

Well, lol I know why the timeline is important, just wondered why there were those who disagreed with it,

Says an employee from John Deere had his time in and out checked by FBI...for the same day girls went missing

WC says the girls were " JC prize possessions"

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Judge-delays-trial-for-father-of-missing-Iowa-girl-3740802.php

Perhaps I am reading too much into things but the thought of a child/ren being anyone's prize anything makes me feel skeevy (that IS a word, my teenager daughter says so, lol).

Throwing flowers into a lake (as locals did this evening) seems pretty morbid, imo. That is what you do when someone dies on the water, right ?

Because it's beem awhile, throwing flowers in the lake could just be their way of mourning .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach K