IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a completely OFF TOPIC question...why when I have replied to all the PM's that have been sent to me does it show ZERO in my sent box?! I have no idea whatsoever if all of the replies I've sent to people in my PM's ever got there! I've resent them and nothing...ever. I am on several forums that look almost exactly like this one and I've never had the problem...

So...if you've sent me a PM and don't show I replied...I did! I don't ignore PM's.:maddening:

Not caught up but if Dan refused the plea deal to protect his family from a threat, why didn't he protect his family from a threat? I mean if he had been threatened why didn't he have eyes on lyric the entire day?

Police have released two details regarding the timeline:

- girls were last seen at 12:15 half a block from the Collins home,
- bikes were found at 3:30 or 4 at SE tip of Meyers Lake

A man has come forward stating that he saw one or two (I have seen both reported) bikes lying on the path and had to swerve around them at 12:27. That report has not been released as part of the police timeline. If this report was part of the police timeline, then the girls would have traveled 1-2 miles and vanished in 5 minutes. Since this report is not part of the police timeline, police seem to be looking at a three hour window during which the girls vanished.

I go with a two to three hour window.

I have a theory that 2 somebodys might have done something that somebody is helping somebody else find out information from one somebody to find out where 2 somebodys are. Academy award stuff and wires. MOO

:gasp:

I think my head just blew up.

OT

I am so sorry to hear about your experience. I wonder how many posters are here because we had horrible experiences as children? I was groomed for three years by a molester but thankfully got away before any physical damage was done. Plus, I am interested because in my hometown a Boy Scout leader molested boys for almost 30 years before being caught, starting with my classmates.

You know, I never think about it. They released me the same day. I always thought it was a miracle. They took me back to where they found me because I kicked and screamed and hollered like crazy. It was over 30 years ago and I never really made the connection between my own experience and my interest in missing children and child advocacy work until very recently.

I'm so glad you got away before physical damage was done! That was your miracle.

Does anyone other than me think it is odd that the grandmother would say this publically? It is as if she is saying it is DM's fault. Sounds like there may be some sort of ill feelings by her for Lyric's father. jmo

I thought it was odd too -- but for a different reason. To me, it sounds like she is desperately trying to shine the spotlight onto DM, and to deflect it off of someone else.

Police have released two details regarding the timeline:

- girls were last seen at 12:15 half a block from the Collins home,
- bikes were found at 3:30 or 4 at SE tip of Meyers Lake

A man has come forward stating that he saw one or two (I have seen both reported) bikes lying on the path and had to swerve around them at 12:27. That report has not been released as part of the police timeline. If this report was part of the police timeline, then the girls would have traveled 1-2 miles and vanished in 5 minutes. Since this report is not part of the police timeline, police seem to be looking at a three hour window during which the girls vanished.

Bikes found at 3:58 per Abben at press conference.

I have not seen the article you keep referencing about TG seeing only ONE bike. Will you please share a link to that? Thanks!

Not caught up but if Dan refused the plea deal to protect his family from a threat, why didn't he protect his family from a threat? I mean if he had been threatened why didn't he have eyes on lyric the entire day?

Maybe he did or maybe somebody did or maybe somebody else did. MOO

On a completely OFF TOPIC question...why when I have replied to all the PM's that have been sent to me does it show ZERO in my sent box?! I have no idea whatsoever if all of the replies I've sent to people in my PM's ever got there! I've resent them and nothing...ever. I am on several forums that look almost exactly like this one and I've never had the problem...

So...if you've sent me a PM and don't show I replied...I did! I don't ignore PM's.:maddening:

My sent box never saves my replies either.

I go with a two to three hour window.

That seems reasonable. If the man that swerved around a bike at 12:27 had seen the same bikes, he would have been able to report the color of the bikes and the location would have been identical to where the bikes were found. Police could easily verify whether his report was related to the missing girls. Since police have not included that siting of a bike lying on the path in the timeline, it seems that they have excluded it as being relevant.

I think police are looking at a window between 12:15 and 3:30 or 4 pm. That's 3 hours ... and police are also looking at the possibility that the bikes were left at the lake to mislead police. That would suggest someone local, as only a local would think of leaving the bikes in that location to buy time and mislead police.

TG saw the bikes at 12.20 NOT 12.27. His phone call to his daughter was at 12.27, AFTER he swerved past the bikes.

This is being taken seriously by LE.

As the group searched, a bicyclist stopped the officers to say he saw the two kids bikes on the trail at about 12:20 p.m., but no sign of the children.
Ted Gamerdinger of Waterloo said he rides the trail often.
“I saw the bikes laying on the path and had to swerve to miss them,” Gamerdinger said. He then went to the Evansdale Police Department to report the sighting

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/au...cle_87408126-d217-11e1-aec0-0019bb2963f4.html

Bikes found at 3:58 per Abben at press conference.

I have not seen the article you keep referencing about TG seeing only ONE bike. Will you please share a link to that? Thanks!

I searched this discussion to find the first reference to the swerving man and actually came to a comment posted by you on the thread #1 where you referenced that the man saw one or two bikes ... you referenced the facebook page.

I thought it was odd too -- but for a different reason. To me, it sounds like she is desperately trying to shine the spotlight onto DM, and to deflect it off of someone else.

Ditto. That's where I've been at. Dan this, Dan that. Cut bait then. Two nieces and/or two grand-daughters are missing. Kiss and make-up later with the soon to be ex-in-law. He'll understand. And that, IMO, is one of the reasons Dan appears, to some, a sympathetic character here.

TG saw the bikes at 12.20 NOT 12.27. His phone call to his daughter was at 12.27, AFTER he swerved past the bikes.

This is being taken seriously by LE.

As the group searched, a bicyclist stopped the officers to say he saw the two kids bikes on the trail at about 12:20 p.m., but no sign of the children.
Ted Gamerdinger of Waterloo said he rides the trail often.
“I saw the bikes laying on the path and had to swerve to miss them,” Gamerdinger said. He then went to the Evansdale Police Department to report the sighting

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/au...cle_87408126-d217-11e1-aec0-0019bb2963f4.html

The article doesn't say that police believe that the swerving cyclist saw the bikes that belonged to the girls.

It doesn't save them by default. You have to go to options and click the box for sending a copy to my sent folder or something like that.

OMG and I know who they are talking about! I believe it's JW!

Why does the *advertiser censored* always hit the fan so late at night!? EVERY night in this case -- something happens that keeps me up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach K