IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. Somehow I had it catalogued in my head as one or two bikes were there. I now understand that there were two bikes.

And the witness is a mature local businessman with a family and a lot of credibility. At first I thought that LE was discounting his sighting. But now I am thinking they are just trying to keep the perps out of the loop in terms of what LE knows.

LE said they were following two tracks of investigation when they were draining the lake. I think they are mostly following one now. Good description that the heat is coming down on the drug-related track...I hope they pursue other possibilities too..unless they know where the girls are. MOO

Maybe it is just me, but in the last PC Le gave, I got the feeling they backed off the "we believe they are alive" and kind of went with the dreaded "no evidence they are not alive" phrasing.

In the back of my mind, I'm hoping this is one big, planned drug ring bust, and the girls are protected and are the catalyst. MOO

I believe he called her by mobile and the call was obviously timed.

He made the call at 12.27 and mentioned to her what he saw, then he spoke to LE again later in person on the trail and told them.

Are you sure he mentioned what he saw? Do you mean the bikes? Why would he mention that to his daughter before it was even publicized that there were missing girls?

The last presser IMO sounded less hopeful than previous pressers.
LE said there was nothing new. That's the reason for fewer press talks.
Idk, I'm def not
feeling more hopeful.
Imoo

The last presser IMO sounded less hopeful than previous pressers.
LE said there was nothing new. That's the reason for fewer press talks.
Idk, I'm def nit feeling more hopeful.
Imoo

Me too...hearing LE even talking about listening to psychics is pretty scary to me. That does not sound like a case about to break to me.

Are you sure he mentioned what he saw? Do you mean the bikes? Why would he mention that to his daughter before it was even publicized that there were missing girls?

I don't think he did. As I understand it he made the call for totally other reasons and didn't even mention the bikes until later when he heard about the missing girls. I think he used the call to his daughter just to help establish a time, since he remembered he happened to call her shortly after it happened.

Me too...hearing LE even talking about listening to psychics is pretty scary to me. That does not sound like a case about to break to me.

I don't know - I think they are like 5 steps ahead of everyone else. That could have been a purposeful statement to get the real perps to relax and mess up. Can't you just see somebody smiling and saying, "they don't have a CLUE! They are talking to psychics!!!" (While the FBI listens from a van down the street.)

Are you sure he mentioned what he saw?

Do you mean the bikes? Why would he mention that to his daughter before it was even publicized that there were missing girls?

No. :ohoh:

What actually happened is the daughter posted on fb that her dad had told her what he'd seen, but that could have been later. Sorry, my mistake.

I hope all the optimistic, it's about to blow wide open is correct because I'm not getting that feeling at all and think their bodies will be stumbled upon by chance, and not likely in the near future.

Dang, guys....I'm getting' a headache. Listening to you talk about the people you can't talk about and trying to figure out who it is you can't talk about is about to do me in!

:nuts:

I was left pretty much speechless after that presser.

I try to keep in mind that LE is talking to the perps, more than the public. their number one reason for even saying anything is to manipulate the perps.

If they wanted the perps to stick around, and not cut and run or do anything crazy, then that presser was perfect.

I try to keep in mind that LE is talking to the perps, more than the public. their number one reason for even saying anything is to manipulate the perps.

If they wanted the perps to stick around, and not cut and run or do anything crazy, then that presser was perfect.

This is what I keep thinking and hanging hope on. Realistic? I don't know.

I don't know - I think they are like 5 steps ahead of everyone else. That could have been a purposeful statement to get the real perps to relax and mess up. Can't you just see somebody smiling and saying, "they don't have a CLUE! They are talking to psychics!!!" (While the FBI listens from a van down the street.)

That would certainly be my guess also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member