IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Tammy and I had to leave at 2pm because we had an errand to run. We told Misty & Heather to go look for their own kids."

WOW.

That says to me that WC was totally focused on "those darn girls and their mischief... didn't Lyric learn anything from the other day?" rather than any sort of misadventure. And probably thinking "well, nothing bad could happen in Evansdale."

The town does have a low crime rate compared to Waterloo, where WC lives.

I could understand her assuming that the girls were at one of Elizabeth's friend's houses. Perfectly safe.

When it became clear that was not the case, she (and Tammy) both came back immediately to help look.

She said just the grassy area and implicated the back way to the lake via the woods/grassy area. I thought she meant from Arbutus or Maiden. Sorry, I know I heard her say it though.

Ok thanks. I was going to say it would be odd if she actually said Maiden because that to me would indicate she was looking at a map (since you can't see that road).

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Best evidence would be faith that whoever took them had their best interests in mind. That remains to be seen. IMHO.

puts a whole different spin on things - that whole scenario. How does JC's od and MCM's sobbing factor in? I guess time will tell how this plays out. "nite everyone

Do any of you remember the Jonbenet ramsey case when the da of boulder came on tv and said something to the effect of "we know who you are and we will get you" and one man committed suicide 24 hours within that statement, we learned years later. And thats why they suposably say and use those methods?? Do you think that worked in this case kind of? Do you guys think at all that JC could be a suspect? He keeps coming back to my mind!!

Everyone is a suspect. jmo

That says to me that WC was totally focused on "those darn girls and their mischief... didn't Lyric learn anything from the other day?" rather than any sort of misadventure. And probably thinking "well, nothing bad could happen in Evansdale."

The town does have a low crime rate compared to Waterloo, where WC lives.

I could understand her assuming that the girls were at one of Elizabeth's friend's houses. Perfectly safe.

When it became clear that was not the case, she (and Tammy) both came back immediately to help look.

I agree. I think gram thought they were just somewhere and not coming back yet. I find really no suspicious in grandma saying that at all.

The od's and MCM sobbing the other day is alarming.

Any more alarming than two little girls abducted in the middle of the day while riding their bikes in a small town located in a state where there have been multiple reports of recent attempted abductions?

We were just saying how LE said there was physical evidence.

I thought maybe the physical evidence might be that they found something in the car belonging to "somebody" when it was seized or pulled over with "somebody's" cell phone in it, because that is when LE said that I believe...I could be totally wrong, and they wouldn't comment on it. Also, there may have been several vehicles involved, but that is just my own personal opinion..sort of like handing over the olympic torch...car to car...with several people involved, who may or may not have their best interests in mind. MOO

Ok I'm really sorry because I try to stay caught up but I was away for 7 or so hours today. I tried to read up on everything but I'm a little lost. Anything major that's new?

Husband and I made it to the fair for a couple hours earlier and I got so sad every time I saw or a parent with a little innocent kid just hoping Elizabeth and Lyric get more of THOSE times and soon. Also rather freaked when I saw rental paddle boats, but they were smaller than I remember - 2 occupants and MAYBE a small bag/ice chest on the back. All kids should have that innocent "yay ice cream" or "yay cotten candy" look on their faces. :(

D. and M. are both experienced producers/dealers with hard time and drug connections a plenty. Theoretically, they would know how their 'business partners' might respond upon realizing D. had ratted them out. With that in mind, I find it odd that Lyric and Elizabeth were allowed to roam the neighbourhood on bikes for up to an hour before being required to check in with Grandma or another family member.

Any more alarming than two little girls abducted in the middle of the day while riding their bikes in a small town located in a state where there have been multiple reports of recent attempted abductions?

Of course not. Anything is possible in this case, as far as I'm concerned. I don't know who did it, just that stories are inconsistent and timelines jumbled and don't jive. It is either random or not.

Well another start of the week. Going to pray safely for the return of those two sweet girls that are missing. I really hope they get a break in the case and find them and bring them home to their families. And maybe if some of those family members havent been the best, well maybe they will not take their kids for granted ever again!! I have four kids and they are my world and i would never want to be questioned of their well being. I remember one night my 15 year didnt come home yet from a dirt bike ride and it was late and dark.. I freaked thinking we were going to find him dead. But i didnt see i had a text from him saying they went swimming. My heart was down to my feet, and that was 15 minutes of my life that i never want to feel again. I cant imagine ever ever missing a child!!!

I thought maybe the physical evidence might be that they found something in the car belonging to "somebody" when it was seized or pulled over with "somebody's" cell phone in it, because that is when LE said that I believe...I could be totally wrong, and they wouldn't comment on it. Also, there may have been several vehicles involved, but that is just my own personal opinion..sort of like handing over the olympic torch...car to car...with several people involved, who may or may not have their best interests in mind. MOO

The lady with the FBI said it in an interview as the reporter and her were walking on a sidewalk. My computer is down and i am on iphone or i would link it.

Before I hit the hay, I wanted to mention one more thing. I think that the original attitude of LE, in terms of not being terribly alarmed, may have been because they also suspected that the situation was either a case of drowning, or(after a quick assessment of the parties involved), assumed it had something to do with the criminal histories of those individuals.

Maybe even DM or MC could not even be certain if this was a case of retaliation, which would cause them to be less hysterical. They would probably be calling all of their associates, past or present, to gather information. I can imagine that they did quite a bit of investigation, and perhaps only finally realized the gravity of the situation when they were convinced it was not related to anything they were involved in and must therefore be a stranger abduction.

This may also explain why DM and MC were in the hotel together that night. They might have been brainstorming and canvassing all their contacts for possible leads.

Mind you, this is just speculation on my part.....

anyone see this ad? Not trying to say its connected, but just to demonstrate that there are people that have no problem doing this type of thing.

legality of sex in a tent? - m4m - 25 (CR)

Date: 2012-07-22, 10:51PM CDT
Reply to: dq5vp-3156850715@pers.craigslist.org

Quick question.... my girl friend want to have sex in a tent in a campground. I have never had sex in a tent in a camp ground. Is it legal? What level of privacy can be expected. I mean, can the park ranger ask us to come out of our tent? If we have paid all the registration fees, can we expect privacy as if we were in a hotel room? what you think?
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 3156850715

CR in Iowa usually means Cedar Rapids (roughly an hour south of Evansdale).

Sounds really naive. What on earth does he think other people are doing in their tents?

Of course not. Anything is possible in this case, as far as I'm concerned. I don't know who did it, just that stories are inconsistent and timelines jumbled and don't jive. It is either random or not.

I know timelines are very important. Especially in a case like this, but i dont wear a watch. So when someone asks me i just estimate, and you wonde how many people here say" well it was just abt blah blah" ya know i bet some people dont pay attention to exact timing, and ya have the video owners saying the time was off. It just makes it confusing to go off of that.

It's been taken down.

I still have it up in another window, fwiw. It's just cryptic, and I agree seems like a psychic. (Or maybe someone involved calling for advice knowing they can't just pick up the phone.)

At any rate, am I correct in assuming that people are now questioning what the "errands" were that TB and WC had to run, even after WC had been so worried she drove around for an hour looking for the girls?

And I don't remember LE ever saying that they had evidence that the girls were alive. They said they had evidence, they said they have strong reason to believe the girls are alive. I suppose those mean the same thing, tho.

I was guessing something was found on Lyric's phone, or perhaps that things were missing from one/both of the homes that implied the girls might know they'd be leaving. I just don't see how both girls get involved in this type of family-crafted plot. Why one from each family?

I mean, a theory that members of the family may be somehow behind this holds weight, but not considerably more weight than a random chance encounter at the lake, IMO.

CR in Iowa usually means Cedar Rapids (roughly an hour south of Evansdale).

Sounds really naive. What on earth does he think other people are doing in their tents?

Maybe he's wondering if his tent can be legally searched w/o a warrant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member