IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will do thanks so much!!! Oh, did you have any thoughts on Eldora boys home? It is a more or less prison for troubled youth, not sure how it works... Just a thought...

I lived in Eldora many many yrs ago. I don't think it has anything to do with this case. It's a home for ( well jail) for juveniles who have gotten in trouble with the law. I remember sometimes a boy would escape, but they would find them.

What are those little ones lives like in the past couple weeks? If they are alive, are they being terrorized? raped? fed? cared for? I am thinking of so many bad things. pray that they come home NOW!!!!

I know, I have trouble sleeping at night and it's all I think about.

I know the bikes were found SE corner of lake, but I don't remember reading which way they were facing; east or west?

I also just sent info to Omaha FBI, in case sheriff Mulberry ; ) doesn't follow thru.
Cinder soot, maybe you should send all of your info to the FBI also... Unless you already have...just saying you know how some small town sheriffs and cops can be, they may dismiss this because they know this person, could be any reason...not bashing, I know how they can operate, I live here...

I lived in Eldora many many yrs ago. I don't think it has anything to do with this case. It's a home for ( well jail) for juveniles who have gotten in trouble with the law. I remember sometimes a boy would escape, but they would find them.
Ok, just a thought. Was not sure...

I thought here was a PC on a Friday, where the FBI agent said evidence was found 'Friday'-not sure which Friday-and the evidence led them to believe the girls were alive. The next days PC did not show this much enthusiasm from the FBI. Somebody please let me know if I have my days wrong, it's summer and the kids not being in school with a regular schedule helps me to never k ow what day it is:/.

Here is the complete press conference video (with Q&A) from Friday, July 20th headed by Black Hawk County Sheriff's deputy Rick Abben:

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...mix_50efbb90-d2d1-11e1-9378-0019bb2963f4.html

All pressers were given by Abben except for Saturday (July 21st) and Sunday (July 22nd) which were delivered by FBI’s Sandy Breault. Saturday (21st) she stated that they believe the girls are alive. On Sunday (22nd) she stressed “don’t assume we know what you know”…

I've thought about this evidence, and the only thing I can think of that would be proof that they're still alive is actually seeing or talking to them and confirming that they are someplace safe with someone who is trying to protect them. Even if they had the identity of the person who took them, that's not a guarantee that they are still alive... just that they know who it is. If that's the case, then they probably don't know where the perp is. If they did, he/she would be in custody. This is the only thing that makes sense to me.

The only thing I can think of is video or audio. With audio, they would have to get confirmation from a family member who knows the girl's voices....so lean towards video, but that could be devastaing, and certainly a reason for what we are seeing with the Collins. Could be cctv from a business or one from the general public taken somewhere (anywhere after this amount of time) after the girls went missing and when LE went to check they weren't there any longer or didn't have a plate number to follow up on. The other video evidence could be something sent directly to LE from the perp.......and I don't want to go that route! JMO

Somehow I keep getting overlooked. I have seen comments regarding MCM "sobbing" in an interview. I have searched and can't find any video of her sobbing. I have missed something and can someone PLEASE send me a link?? :)

It is in the footage of the vigil. I don't have the link, but someone on here does and maybe you can find it on Youtube. You will see a close up of MCM sobbing (sitting behind Heather with her head down).

This is bugging me-the cell phone did not work, but misty was expecting a text from Lyric, anyone remember that? I should really keep notes on this. I would like a timeline from each person and how it changed, if I get a chance I will try to work on it today. It is telling that LE has a different timeline than the family.

I was thinking I need to keep notes too.
I can't keep all the initials straight. :banghead:

Sure, there was an article that said Lizzy liked to go along and watch them cut trees down, and sometimes have lunch with him. I'm sure someone else has linked and quoted it by now though - I'm catching up. Only been gone what, 8 hours? And 13 new pages... I think we have a LOT of non-US posters!

I hadn't seen this article and tried to google, but still can't find. Could it have been on FB? TIA Anyone find a link? TIA

Didn't MCM say that Lyric was going to text her later to tell her or confirm who she was with? Maybe she got that text, and maybe the text was on the phone in the car that LE got a hold of. If I'm correct, then that car was pulled over shortly before LE said they have evidence. Just a thought. MOO

This is bugging me-the cell phone did not work, but misty was expecting a text from Lyric, anyone remember that? I should really keep notes on this. I would like a timeline from each person and how it changed, if I get a chance I will try to work on it today. It is telling that LE has a different timeline than the family.

She was to use gma's cell phone to do the texting. Apparently she used it regularly.

http://www.indystar.com/article/D2/...milies-struggle-limbo-grief-?odyssey=nav|head

“You know, you’re living life one week, and then the next week it’s like the rug’s pulled right out from under your life and you’re on ‘Good Morning America,’ ” Drew Collins said. “It’s strange, but those are the things we have to do to get the word out there about our girls so that they can come home.”

For now, the families seek humor in little things, like when Elizabeth’s 4-year-old sister, Callie, told a police officer to hurry up and find her sister.

“She put her hands on her hips and said, ‘Have you found my sister yet? You need to hurry up and bring her home,’ ” her father said.

TY, it's in this article about the family going to watch Dad work.

Heather liked to bring Elizabeth and her three siblings to different job sites where they could watch Drew work and have lunch together.

The cell phone with no service was Elisabeth's and was in the purse. MCM is on video stating that Lyric's phone was left at grandma's and she didn't have it with her.

It is very easy to have several cell phones and just buy minutes...you do your personal stuff on one and some people do "business" on the throw away kind. Just sayin'. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member