IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked on Iowa sex offender registry and found a picture of the man I saw at the lake yesterday and he lives 2.51 miles from Meyers lake. I emailed the sheriff his license number.
We had a similar incident where I live ... an RSO was driving or walking down to the beach and just sitting there watching people. They put a stop to it. I'm glad you took the time to connect the person you saw to a RSO and reported it. While these people have rights (by law), those rights should never include being ANYWHERE there are possible victims!

I don't know if she said specifically they had evidence the girls were alive, but I just read an article that said the police had physical evidence from an earlier report. Maybe that is what Breault meant. Would love to see the clip of her talking about they had reason to believe the girls were still alive.

Saturday, July 21st (Sandy Breault FBI) press conference here (10:13 in length, includes Q&A):
http://www.kcrg.com/evansdaledisapp...ties-Hold-Daily-Press-Briefing-163297226.html

Sunday, July 22nd (Sandy Breault FBI) press conference here (2:09 in length, doesn't include Q&A):
http://www.kcrg.com/evansdaledisapp...ties-Hold-Daily-Press-Briefing-163349926.html

She was to use gma's cell phone to do the texting. Apparently she used it regularly.

But Misty said that Lyric had her own cell phone. Correct? I could swear that I hear her say that she had a cell but left it home that afternoon. Was she referring to the grandma's?

But Misty said that Lyric had her own cell phone. Correct? I could swear that I hear her say that she had a cell but left it home that afternoon. Was she referring to the grandma's?

The cell phone Lyric used was gma's. I wish I had a link for you, but I don't and can't find it now - just had cataract surgery.

ETA: Sorry, apparently it was a cell phone AT gma's, not gma's cell phone. Mea culpa.

At least the aunt, grandmother, a little boy and maybe misty. Then they stood there for 20 minutes until the police showed up.

MOO...Returned to the lake to "look", which would have given them an alibi for having their scent or trackable evidence at the lake from being there earlier.

Who was last known person(s) to see the girls?
Who went to the lake to search for the girls before anyone else?
Who had the ability to place the bikes at the lake without being noticed?
Who had to leave and "run an errand" in the midst of the search?
Who has had the most inconsistent stories of what happened?
Who has done most of the talking (and a lot of it) and interviews?
Who shared indirect family connection to both girls without being a parent?
Who was knowledeable with the family's schedules?
Who had plenty of time and opportunity without fear of getting caught?

Just going through the basics here. Nothing too complicated or out there, like CSI stuff. "Criminal Minds"?, maybe! :jail:

The only thing I can think of is video or audio. With audio, they would have to get confirmation from a family member who knows the girl's voices....so lean towards video, but that could be devastaing, and certainly a reason for what we are seeing with the Collins. Could be cctv from a business or one from the general public taken somewhere (anywhere after this amount of time) after the girls went missing and when LE went to check they weren't there any longer or didn't have a plate number to follow up on. The other video evidence could be something sent directly to LE from the perp.......and I don't want to go that route! JMO

All of us want these precious girls to come home alive, LE included. LE will never say they're anything but alive until they have FORENSIC evidence to say otherwise. Elizabeth Smart is a choice example, if LE had said something other than they believed she was alive, people may have discounted the sightings of her and never reported them- so until otherwise proven, they're alive.

Misty's answer when NG asked her about the cell phone was not exactly clear. Then NG said it was Grandma's cell. I really don't know....Here's the conversation. Misty never said it was Grandma's cell.

GRACE: Did Lyric have a cell phone?

COOK-MORRISSEY: She has a cell phone that was at my mother`s, so she didn`t have one on her, no.

GRACE: OK. So she was going to text you after work, after you got off of work, from her grandmother`s cell phone. All right. That day, we know they`re missing at 2:00 o`clock. We know that much.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ng.01.html

I have seen statements from gramma and TB on NG and JVM that Lyric had a cel phone but that it was left at grammas. Sorry no link but it should be in the transcripts from either of those shows interviewing either of those women.

ETA here found this a ways back HTH

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #6

MOO...Returned to the lake to "look", which would have given them an alibi for having their scent or trackable evidence at the lake from being there earlier.

Who was last known person(s) to see the girls?
Who went to the lake to search for the girls before anyone else?
Who had the ability to place the bikes at the lake without being noticed?
Who had to leave and "run an errand" in the midst of the search?
Who has had the most inconsistent stories of what happened?
Who has done most of the talking (and a lot of it) and interviews?
Who shared indirect family connection to both girls without being a parent?
Who was knowledeable with the family's schedules?
Who had plenty of time and opportunity without fear of getting caught?

Just going through the basics here. Nothing too complicated or out there, like CSI stuff. "Criminal Minds"?, maybe! :jail:

I can see all of that. But what I can't see is any kind of a motive. Why would she 'disappear' her two little nieces?

She knew she left "that" cell phone at home in Waterloo at Gmas (btw, Gma allegedly went back to her place to pick up TB to do something they had planned) anyway, there could be "other" cell phones...and she clearly was expecting a text to hear from Lyric as to where she would be at some point...and I'm wondering if she got that text on the phone that was found in the car that was pulled over. Remember, there was reference to difficulty with the screen on MCM and I think TB's cell phones that they got back from LE. There well could be other throw away cell phones in play. Common on the "street". MOO

I can see all of that. But what I can't see is any kind of a motive. Why would she 'disappear' her two little nieces?

There are way too many motives to list...I think if the "motive" is narrowed down, then the girls might be found!

The cell phone Lyric used was gma's. I wish I had a link for you, but I don't and can't find it now - just had cataract surgery.

I don't understand why Misty made it sound like it was Lyric's cell phone then. She said on NG that her daughter" had a cell but left it at her Grandmas.'

Why didnt she just say she didnt have one or say she used her Grandma's?

Cinder soot, maybe you should send all of your info to the FBI also... Unless you already have...just saying you know how some small town sheriffs and cops can be, they may dismiss this because they know this person, could be any reason...not bashing, I know how they can operate, I live here...

I know.. I did.

I don't understand why Misty made it sound like it was Lyric's cell phone then. She said on NG that her daughter" had a cell but left it at her Grandmas.'

Why didnt she just say she didnt have one or say she used her Grandma's?

All I can figure is that Lyric was to use her cell phone to text Misty but Lyric forgot it at Grandma's house in Waterloo and didn't take it to Elizabeth's house Evansdale? So if that is the case then she would have to use Grandma's cell to text misty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member