IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, found deceased, Evansdale, 13 Jul 2012 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, and I applaud them and wish LE in Lyric and Elizabeth's case shared more, but is that really the Indiana cops' call to make? L and E's case is not theirs.
That is another question. It would be interesting to hear what's been said behind closed doors.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I don't think terms like remains or skeletal have very precise definitions. The Indiana LE comment probably doesn't mean more than that the remains were too old to yield evidence.

In this case of the two cousins together when taken by person or persons unknown, there have not been any mentioned POI in 5 years? Sounds so much like Liberty & Abby's case.

It's good to see Drew. He says he talks to Dan. He looks well. I hope Heather is doing as well. I feared for their marriage from the beginning. Surprised to see that Missy has a baby daughter! I still think the killer is local.

A baby named Abigail!!

Always my opinion only [emoji230]

How come we lost the Found Deceased heading on this thread?

So, in light of the freak show Daniel Nations, and his pending implication in several murders (Abby & Libby) - a few things.

His wife KN established a twitter in July 2012. Nation family twitter. Her 1st post is near the end of July, and again in Deccember. Not the exact dates of L & L's murders, but, by all appearances, KN found support through SM postings. Could July 2012 and December 2012 postings have been at key trigger points in her life (murder and recovery of the girls)?

There is a reference for Daniel K Nations who lived in Ames, Iowa.

DN is accused of murdering a bicyclist in Colorado, and covering him with leaves. Also exposing himself and going on trails for his victims (axe wielding and potentially murdering). He has a massive rap sheet for sexual crimes, and his father was convicted of sexually assaulting an 8 year old boy and a 10 year old girl.

KN Twitter - 2012

https://twitter.com/thenationsfam11

The cyclist murder, the Indiana girls, and Lizzie and Lyric's murders all took place on the 13th.

So, in light of the freak show Daniel Nations, and his pending implication in several murders (Abby & Libby) - a few things.

His wife KN established a twitter in July 2012. Nation family twitter. Her 1st post is near the end of July, and again in Deccember. Not the exact dates of L & L's murders, but, by all appearances, KN found support through SM postings. Could July 2012 and December 2012 postings have been at key trigger points in her life (murder and recovery of the girls)?

DN is accused of murdering a bicyclist in Colorado, and covering him with leaves. Also exposing himself and going on trails for his victims (axe wielding and potentially murdering). He has a massive rap sheet for sexual crimes, and his father was convicted of sexually assaulting an 8 year old boy and a 10 year old girl.

KN Twitter - 2012

Even if DN ( from Abby and Libby's case) isn't the same person from Ames, It still wouldn't be that far to travel from Indiana to Evansdale, especially considering they found him most recently in Colorado. The lack of evidence in this case will make it difficult. I do wonder if Lyric and Lizzy were found concealed in a similar way to the victims in Colorado and Indiana and that has raised suspicions. Of course with Lyric and Lizzy being found so long after their disappearance it's hard to know exactly how they were left vs mother nature's influence over such a long time. I'm sure that if DN is responsible for the murders of Abby and Libby he will be questioned about Lyric and Lizzy.

Re post. Offender profile.
http://wqad.com/2014/08/22/authorities-release-possible-profile-of-suspect-in-case-of-iowa-girls/
It is believed that the offender used “quiet coercion” to gain the girls’ trust, according to the report.

WHO reported that authorities say the suspect may have been in a stressful situation in July 2012, perhaps related to legal troubles, marital issues, employment problems, financial strain, or mental health problems.

The suspect may avoid talking about the case, but is likely following reports from the media. Also, this person may have attempted to abduct children or adults in the past. After the girls’ disappearance, the suspect might have changed his or her appearance, like changing hair style or facial hair. The offender may also have altered his or her vehicle with a new paint job or re-upholstery.

The cyclist murder, the Indiana girls, and Lizzie and Lyric's murders all took place on the 13th.

If it turns out to be DN, he might find it significant that he was arrested at age 31 (13).

Looking at other more recent articles, it appears that Mr. Watkins, the cyclist, actually disappeared on the 14th, not the 13th. So that's not quite as creepy.

Looking at other more recent articles, it appears that Mr. Watkins, the cyclist, actually disappeared on the 14th, not the 13th. So that's not quite as creepy.

Close enough to be creepy, imo.

If the dates are in fact relevant to the perp, he may be unable to find the " right/ appropriate " victim on the " right/appropriate " date, settling for as close to the desired date as possible.
complete speculation, imo.

Close enough to be creepy, imo.

If the dates are in fact relevant to the perp, he may be unable to find the " right/ appropriate " victim on the " right/appropriate " date, settling for as close to the desired date as possible.
complete speculation, imo.

Here's one thing I'm wondering about.

According to this article (near the bottom), DN's grandmother said "...she raised Nations since he was 6, but she hasn't seen or talked to him in at least five years, after she asked him and his wife to move off of her property. They were gone the next morning, she said."

Later in 2012 he shows up in Florida.

I would like to know exactly when he moved out of his grandmother's. 2017 minus five years is 2012, though it sounds like that might not be a precise date.

The Indiana girls' murder happens around the same time he was going through family turmoil and was kicked out of the place he had been living

I dunno. I'm still not sure what I think about the evidence relating to this guy. There's a lot that fits but he also seems too sloppy and disorganized to have gotten away with anything for very long.

KN Twitter - 2012

Wrong DN, the one in question's middle name is James. That doesn't mean they couldn't be related though. It's not unheard of for people to visit relatives in other states. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo