IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, found deceased, Evansdale, 13 Jul 2012 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years after the fact, the parents admitted they knew why it happened and they were told it was a strong possibility when it was going to happen, but they basically chose to save themselves and sacrifice their children. Sounds cold hearted but happens more than you think....BTW sorry for the typo's spell check completes and sends on its own.

How sad for those children. IIRC Lyric’s parents were under the microscope for a long time on the drug angle. Lyric’s dad, Dan, spoke about the case to the media in May 2017.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/35322823/2017/05/Tuesday/lyrics-father-speaks-out-in-prison-interview

“Dan says despite his troubled past, his past drug use has nothing to do with his daughter’s death.”

“Yeah it doesn’t even make sense if you think about it and play it out," said Dan. "You know, why would this happen? If I had any idea of somebody that was in my life, that I owned money to or had threatened me or anything, you’d think I wouldn’t know who that person is? You know what I mean. So I mean that would be the number one suspect on the case and this thing would have been solved a long time ago. But there is absolutely nobody in my life that I owe money to or that I have told on or anything like that. That has nothing to do with my daughter... And why would they abduct Elizabeth and my daughter at the same time in another town that my daughter’s not even from on a random bike ride that nobody knew they were going to take. It doesn’t make sense."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is so ignorant, he gave the clues right in that statement ! Everything he just said was a form (3rd Grade Level) of reversed psychology. He knew damn well there was some kind of threat given, but was to pompous to think it would ever happen...or did he ?

Welcome Don Frye! Misty was into much more serious drug dealing than Dan. Not saying it couldn't be someone from Dan's end of drug dealing, but Misty testified against much bigger fish in my opinion. She was a former pharmacy tech and what Misty was doing was much more sophisticated than Dan's bathtub meth. Better drugs, more money, bigger fish.

I definitely agree that if you want to hurt someone to make them pay, you don't kill them, you kill someone they love, a family member, be it a child, parent or sibling.

It is sad that drugs were so intertwined within these families. From the parents to aunts, uncles and cousins, drugs were a common thread.

Hello Bootsctr, your correct about the bigger fish, but she didn't give up the shark and why ?, because they were next on the food chain. Thoes girls were exsposed to alot of what was going on behind closed doors and they became a liability to the operation, Dan and Misty was warned of this "Pending Problem", several different times but refused to protect the girls and ultimately they paid the price of cowardice act's.

This may be hard to fathom, but this bathtub meth operation had veins reaching clear to California, Florida, Georgia and Mexico.

Hello Bootsctr, your correct about the bigger fish, but she didn't give up the shark and why ?, because they were next on the food chain. Thoes girls were exsposed to alot of what was going on behind closed doors and they became a liability to the operation, Dan and Misty was warned of this "Pending Problem", several different times but refused to protect the girls and ultimately they paid the price of cowardice act's.

But why Lizzie? Also, have you contacted LE with the info you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As other people have commented on, this was a family affair. Everyone knew what was in the making, literally. Some were smart enough to distance themselves in the infant stages of this horror story. Unfortunately innocent children we the final payment, so sad indeed. As far as LE, they know exactly how big this really is and without saying would love to point the finger right now if they could, there is the 3 P's, Protocol, Procedure and Process. All may seem to mean the same, are oh so different.

I'm new to this site and this conversation so please excuse my interruption. I have deeply study this particular case because my family went through this back in the late 70s. I know this will light the fuse again, but i also agree with past posts that day this was a drug related killing. Either for revenge, not paying for drugs or stealing drugs from a supplier.
This is all to familiar for me and mirrors to the T what happened.
Don Frye.

Welcome to WS and this thread.
I see by your avatar that you are connected with the US Marines. Thank you for your service.
I also see that you are located in Iowa. Do you live close enough to Evansdale to be considered a local?

I can't even imagine the terror and tragedy that your family must have gone through almost fifty years ago and how it still weighs on you today. May God continue to bless and protect you.

watcher9, you are very welcome and thank you, it was an honor and privilege to serve. I am not a native of Evansdale but have several relative's on both sides of my family that live very close (rural).
And my wife has family members in different branches of law enforcement throughout Blackhawk and other Iowa counties.

Mr. Frye, I'd like to say thank you for your service too. I'm very interested in reading about the case with the two boys sent to fish. Is there any way you can name the boys here?

The incident that took place in my family happened about the same time I was born in the late 70s, but it has always been openly talked about and very well documented within the family.
It is eerily similar to what happened to the girls. I know we probably are not supposed to blame the parents or other close family members in this case, but they are a strong contributing factor, if not the direct reason the girls are no longer with us. Dan, Misty and the rest of them are not the victims here.

Remembering the girls this holiday season. Merry Christmas in Heaven, Elizabeth and Lyric.

Praying that there will soon be justice for Lizzie and Lyric.

Wishing all the best for the family of these lovely girls and a big thanks to all the excellent moderators and savvy websleuthers!
:newyear:

I wish LE could receive that one tip that would help move the investigation along.

Me too it’s not right this monster has killed these two innocent children and spent five and a half years free. Are law enforcement ever going to appeal for information again?

If Elizabeth and Lyric’s families ever visit here I just want them to know that they haven’t been forgotten. And that I hope and pray that the monster who hurt them is caught and prosecuted everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
verydemureverycute