IA IA - Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook - Found Deceased - Evansdale - 13 Jul 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For those who have not already joined, there's a Facebook group for Elizabeth & Lyric that aims to be a solid source of information. The Evansdale Murders - Unsolved Homicides. Also of note, there is hope of HBO releasing a documentary about the girls' disappearance this Fall. Hopefully these two things can help generate some new attention.

When it comes to the question of whether or not LE was able to recover DNA, maybe it was impossible to recover DNA from the girls after being left in the elements (and maybe not). Maybe they put their bikes down on the trail on their own and he never touched them (or maybe not). BUT... I feel certain he's the one who threw that purse over the fence. There's no reason why Elizabeth would want to chuck her purse, and she may not have even been able to throw it high enough to get it over. It was recovered by LE fairly early and taken in as evidence. A few skin cells, a sweaty hand, a hair? Unless he was planned and prepared enough to be wearing gloves, which goes against the crime of opportunity theory, he touched that purse.

When it comes to the question of whether or not LE was able to recover DNA, maybe it was impossible to recover DNA from the girls after being left in the elements (and maybe not). Maybe they put their bikes down on the trail on their own and he never touched them (or maybe not). BUT... I feel certain he's the one who threw that purse over the fence. There's no reason why Elizabeth would want to chuck her purse, and she may not have even been able to throw it high enough to get it over. It was recovered by LE fairly early and taken in as evidence. A few skin cells, a sweaty hand, a hair? Unless he was planned and prepared enough to be wearing gloves, which goes against the crime of opportunity theory, he touched that purse.

I believe so too. I think this case will be solved and it's just a matter of time.

*Saturday will mark 12 years since two eastern Iowa cousins vanished in Evansdale, and investigators say they are not giving up on the case

*Saturday will mark 12 years since two eastern Iowa cousins vanished in Evansdale, and investigators say they are not giving up on the case

It is hard to believe that it is 12 years since the extremely tragic day when the news broke that Elizabeth and Lyric were missing. I remember hoping and praying they would be found alive, discussing the case with all of you who have been posting here since the beginning and watching all the press conferences to see if there were any developments.

It is infuriating that Elizabeth and Lyric’s murderer(s) has escaped justice for the past 12 years and, tragically, it took so long to find their remains. I really hope the documentary called ‘Turn Yourself In’ about the case is still going ahead. It would be great if this could draw public attention to the case, and hopefully it will provide the tip(s) law enforcement need to find the monster(s) responsible.

Elizabeth and Lyric’s loved ones continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. They have not been forgotten, and we have not given up hope that they will get justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back