IA IA - Erin Pospisil, 15, Cedar Rapids, 3 June 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So sad that she was so easily dismissed as a runaway when it is obvious (at least to me) that she was not. The people in the vehicle she was last seen getting into are key to solving this case. Again, very sad. I lived in Cedar Rapids for three years around this, worked downtown at both an insurance company and the bus depot and NEVER heard of this case.

Sad.

I read more on the case and it looks like the car or persons in it haven't been identified. Need more tips to solve this. Not much to go on.

Who did she leave with? Were these people linked with a gang? Are there any notable gangs that were once around the area?

Wow. Shoddy work on the part of LE listing her as a runaway.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

From what I've read on this case, the brother's friend who gave her a ride was the only witness to this black car she allegedly got into. Several years later, he was a person of interest in the homicide of his neighbor...

Her FB page says she left with African American males in a purple Cavalier. I wonder if the cops checked registration records. I wouldn't think there'd be that many purple Cavalier's around. I used to own two blue ones actually. Can't remember ever seeing a purple one.

Secondly, was Erin known to have any African American friends/boyfriends? Did her friends find it strange for her to be in the company of black males?

Has Curtis been questioned and cleared as a suspect? His explanation seems kinda fishy....and he was the last one to see her.

I agree. Maybe he made a sexual advance towards Erin, she rejected him, things got out of hand? I'd like to know if his car was looked at or not? If he did something to Erin there would have been clues in his car. Did anyone else supposidly see her get in this other vehicle?

From what I've read on this case, the brother's friend who gave her a ride was the only witness to this black car she allegedly got into. Several years later, he was a person of interest in the homicide of his neighbor...

What's his name?

Erin is still missing. We still hold out hope that she is somewhere and will one day be able to let us know she is ok.

I agree. Maybe he made a sexual advance towards Erin, she rejected him, things got out of hand? I'd like to know if his car was looked at or not? If he did something to Erin there would have been clues in his car. Did anyone else supposidly see her get in this other vehicle?

I think that your theory is very logical , I don't belive to his story about the other car with the other guys , especially when he was the only witness to "the car" and a person of interest in a homicide of his neighbour.

I wish that there were more details about his investigation by the police , it is a bit strange to me that he is not a possible suspect, I would like to know if Erin's family also have doubts about his story.

Very heartbreaking story,
I hope justice will be done and the family will have closure soon.

636313009076061045-NCMC919997c1.jpg
636313009076061045-NCMC919997e1.jpg

Erin Pospisil, 31, was last seen at her home June 3, 2001, in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. She hasn't been seen or heard from since that day.

Information can be called to the Cedar Rapids Police Department: 319-286-5491.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...nal-day-remembers-missing-children/344996001/

Curtis Padgett ( Erin's brother's friend) was the last one who saw Erin alive when he took her with his car/

[FONT=&amp]I found this article:

Curtis’ name was in the news again after [/FONT]
Dennis Lee First, 64, was stabbed and beaten to death on Friday, May 11, 2007, in his 2249 C. St. SW Cedar Rapids apartment. Curtis lived next door to Dennis and told police he’d last seen Dennis alive two days earlier on Wednesday, May 9. Dennis’ homicide also remains unsolved.
http://www.thedarksideofamerica.com/unsolved-erin-pospisil.html
---------------------
Is it really a coincidence? for me Curtis is the prime suspect in Erin Disappearance.

More than 16 years past and no sign of life from Erin, I hope the police will investigate
Curtis Padgett again and this time with some real pressure .

Curtis Padgett ( Erin's brother's friend) was the last one who saw Erin alive when he took her with his car/

[FONT=&amp]I found this article:

Curtis’ name was in the news again after [/FONT]
Dennis Lee First, 64, was stabbed and beaten to death on Friday, May 11, 2007, in his 2249 C. St. SW Cedar Rapids apartment. Curtis lived next door to Dennis and told police he’d last seen Dennis alive two days earlier on Wednesday, May 9. Dennis’ homicide also remains unsolved.
http://www.thedarksideofamerica.com/unsolved-erin-pospisil.html
---------------------
Is it really a coincidence? for me Curtis is the prime suspect in Erin Disappearance.

More than 16 years past and no sign of life from Erin, I hope the police will investigate
Curtis Padgett again and this time with some real pressure .
I guess I didn't realize that the Black Cavalier could have been made up by Curtis. Always assumed it was a fact.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

ERIN KAY POSPISIL Missing 3 June 2001

erin_pospisil.jpg

Erin Pospisil
Erin Kay Pospisil
Missing Person / Suspected Homicide
NAME: Erin Kay Pospisil
AGE AT REPORT: 15 YOA
DOB: April 14, 1986
SEX: Female
RACE: White
WEIGHT: 130 lbs.