IA - HUGE weather system moving through

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
video from Reed the storm chaser of some of the tornadoes last night

[video=youtube;EJnT30THHaU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJnT30THHaU[/video]

Glad you checked in Peeps!

Mapleton had 10 minutes warning before the tornado hit, therefore there is only minor injuries reported so far.

A true blessing, despite all that damage, that warning saved lives, without question.

I am on the very southern tip of the severe possibility range this afternoon and evening. It is 85 degrees, 45% humidity, windy 23mph sustained with gusts in the 30s. Hoping we don't see too severe a storms but at least no tornadoes are expected.

I'm in southern WI and we're supposed to get storms this afternoon and tonight but right now it's sunny and about 80 degrees. My husband is away this weekend and I hate bad weather without him here. I feel like he's my protector. :(

I'm in southern WI and we're supposed to get storms this afternoon and tonight but right now it's sunny and about 80 degrees. My husband is away this weekend and I hate bad weather without him here. I feel like he's my protector. :(

I think we're in the same area--can you beleive that just over a week ago we got an inch of snow, and now it's 80 out? Wisconsin weather in the spring is so weird.

I'm glad we ended up not getting hit last night (and my thoughts are with folks in Iowa!), but I'm all nervous about tonight, too. The latest I saw is they have downgraded how bad it could be a bit, but still--when the air is this 'heavy' feeling, it makes me jumpy.

I'm in the tornado zone of the Northeast-est area of the map-right now it is foggy and warm, no storms. No birds singing, it is very quiet, but no sign of storms yet. 2 days ago we had snow, today it is upper 50's...

I think we're in the same area--can you beleive that just over a week ago we got an inch of snow, and now it's 80 out? Wisconsin weather in the spring is so weird.

I'm glad we ended up not getting hit last night (and my thoughts are with folks in Iowa!), but I'm all nervous about tonight, too. The latest I saw is they have downgraded how bad it could be a bit, but still--when the air is this 'heavy' feeling, it makes me jumpy.

I'm near Madison. And yep, I totally agree with you. It just gets that feeling in the air and I think we all get a little freaked out.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back