IA - HUGE weather system moving through

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ugh. I'm watching the radar map right now, and I see all that nasty stuff in Iowa/MN headed this way.

If there's one thing I hate more than strong storms, it's strong storms in the middle of the night. I'm always afraid I'll sleep through a tornado siren, which means I just don't sleep well. Wish my basement were a little nicer, I'd just spend then night down there!

My son just made me check the storm chasers facebook pages..
"They're heeeeeere" (said in eerie Poltergeist voice) LOL
I think it scares me more the storm chasers from discovery are here (in Iowa) than what I see on the radar.. they usually follow the big ones!!!

storm chasers just posted that the town of early, Iowa got "smoked" i'm assuming that means hit by a tornado..

Middle of the night storms are the reason everyone should have a NOAA Weather Radio with an alarm for when there is a warning for your county.

Praying for everyone in the line of these storms.

Video of the mapleton tornado
[video=youtube;eCpQuYypxgc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCpQuYypxgc[/video]

nemaha and sac city Iowa also hit with tornadoes :(

Middle of the night storms are thew reason everyone should have a NOAA Weather Radio with an alarm for when there is a warning for your county.

Praying for everyone in the line of these storms.

I probably should get one...but I also live a block from the closest tornado siren, so I generally don't miss 'em. I was a kid when a tornado leveled most of Barneveld, WI, a small town to the west of here. My recollection is that a lightning strike took out the warning system right before the tornado, which was in the middle of the night. Every time I drive through (which isn't too often), I just get shivers.

Peeples, some folks were joking on the radio yesterday that we knew we'd be in for it if the storm chasers ended up here. They're predicting that tomorrow night is going to be even worse! Ack. Nothing here, yet, though.

:praying: for you guys tonight...

Most of Mapleton was destroyed according to the news, certain there is casualties, a lot of roads blocked Mapleton and Sac City awaiting the national guard.

It was 75 and sunny here, so I said to myself, "I guess we're not getting a tornado after all!" And it took me a few hours before I realized today is Saturday, and the tornados are predicted for Sunday. D'oh!

Weather.com is saying, "scattered strong storms/wind" so it sounds like thunderstorms that could be potential tornadoes for tomorrow for my town/county.

Hancock, Winnebago and cerro Gordo County under Tornado warnings.

Varina Iowa evacuated after tornado caused a gas leak, a lot of damage per the weather channel

Prayers for those displaced or injured by these storms, prayers for the families of any that lost their homes.

That was one scary looking bow echo, I knew after seeing that on the radar, it was gonna be bad.

Per the weather channel - last night may have just been the beginning.

The Peak may be ahead.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/weat...s/timing-severe-weather-april-9-11_2011-04-08

it appears there was no loss of life or serious injury in the outbreak of tornadic weather in Iowa last night. The residents of Mapleton were very blessed to have had ten minutes of warning beforehand.

Should the anticipated severe weather ocur where predicted tonight, I ask everyone to please, take the warnings seriously, be prepared, be safe.

So where's Peeps? Hope she can check in with us soon.

Prayers for all of our members who are threatened by the storms today. Looks like the worst should be over by this evening.

i'm here.. just trying to get the kids to pick up their rooms !!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back