Found Deceased IA - Jake Wilson, 16, La Porte City, 07 Apr 2018 *autistic*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been loosely following Jake's case, having grown up in Black Hawk County and having been to La Porte a few times (my mom spent a lot of time there growing up, so she liked to take us up to her old hangouts sometimes). I hope we get some answers finally.

This article from earlier today includes a very thorough timeline of the case:

“LA PORTE CITY, Iowa (KCRG-TV9) -- A press conference is scheduled for 4 p.m. in La Porte City regarding the disappearance of Jake Wilson, a teenager with autism.

April 7, 2018

Wilson’s mom said he went to Tootsies that night to pick up food he ordered for dinner. He went to the restaurant by himself and brought the food home.

Wilson, a 16-year-old from La Porte City, was last seen at 9 p.m. on Saturday while on his way to Wolf Creek. The creek is three blocks from his home.

Earlier that day a bike ride and class reunion were taking place in the city.

April 8, 2018

KCRG-TV9 received an alert there was a missing teen from La Porte City.

Police searched near the creek but asked for volunteers to help in the search that would begin at 9 a.m.

An estimated 800 people showed up at the La Porte Fire Station to help first responders search for Wilson. People searched by foot, on kayaks, and used a drone to try finding Wilson. They also knocked on doors and searched hiding places for him. Sheriff Tony Thompson asked farmers who live within a 5-mile radius of La Porte City to check their outbuildings, vehicles, or any place that Wilson could be hiding. At this time they were not treating it as a criminal investigation.

April 10, 2018

Around 10 a.m. authorities said there were at least 360 people checked in to help with the search for Wilson.

Authorities asked for people with all-terrain vehicles to help in the search. Authorities said there was no sign of anything criminal to his disappearance, but the Iowa DCI, and FBI, as well as other agencies, have all been called in to help with the search.

[SBM]

June 9-10, 2018

The A & E show "Live PD" features the story of Wilson in hopes of helping in his return.

July 23, 2018

The La Porte City police on Monday told KCRG-TV9 they have no new developments, and the search for Jake continues.

August 1, 2018

A vigil in Waterloo is held for missing children and unsolved deaths of children.

During the event, Wilson’s mom, Megan Richter-Neiswonger, spoke with TV9 about what she thinks happened.

"Him going for a walk was nothing different. That day he had a perfect day. He was happy as could be. He just wanted to go down to the creek," Richter-Neiswonger said.

She told us her gut instinct was he wouldn't be coming home.

"He was at that moment starting to become more self-sufficient more independent and he gained our trust," Richter-Neiswonger said.

The disappearance of Jake Wilson: A timeline

“Wilson, a 16-year-old from La Porte City, was last seen at 9 p.m. on Saturday while on his way to Wolf Creek. The creek is three blocks from his home”(BBM)

This part (that he was last seen at 9 pm on his way to a creek on an April evening in Iowa) has never made sense to me :(.

Remains were found both in and around Wolf Creek. I believe they said down stream. Area had been searched before. Kayakers found them on Tues. and LE have been searching the area since then with equipment.

Last edited:
FBI is working with local LE at the station.

Thirty law enforcement personnel searched and processed the scene yesterday. Twenty today.

They will continue to search and process the area in the coming days. Expect to cover 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile on both banks.

It may take up to two weeks before positive identification is made.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teemariee
Back