Found Deceased IA - Jake Wilson, 16, La Porte City, 07 Apr 2018 *autistic*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Search for missing NE Iowa boy reaches Day 13

La Porte City, Iowa – It’s been 13 days since a young man with autism from northeast Iowa vanished without a trace. Sixteen-year-old Jake Wilson was last seen leaving his home in La Porte City on foot the night of April 7th. Kris Steinmetz, spokeswoman for the Autism Society of Iowa, notes how family members said Jake wanted to visit a nearby stream.

Steinmetz says there is another reason why he may have wandered away.
[Audio at link]

[...]
d9e1e24a3fcefa0684ddeea47f88b0f3.jpg

https://kchanews.com/2018/04/20/search-for-missing-ne-iowa-boy-reaches-day-13

La Porte City, Iowa – It’s been 13 days since a young man with autism from northeast Iowa vanished without a trace. Sixteen-year-old Jake Wilson was last seen leaving his home in La Porte City on foot the night of April 7th. Kris Steinmetz, spokeswoman for the Autism Society of Iowa, notes how family members said Jake wanted to visit a nearby stream.

[Audio at link]

[...]
cache.php

https://kchanews.com/2018/04/20/search-for-missing-ne-iowa-boy-reaches-day-13

The audio said this is something he hasn’t done before. Has he gone missing for this long before?

[Audio at link]

https://kchanews.com/2018/04/20/sear...reaches-day-13

BBM: I can't listen right now. What "other" reason was given?

BBM: I can't listen right now. What "other" reason was given?
„Even though he‘s a teenager, his ability to think and reason is, you understand, more of a 9-year-old, and I think they have already looked into this, you know, maybe he‘s hiding because he‘s scared, maybe he‘s hiding because, you know, he might get in trouble for not being home.“

This might be a silly question but is there a difference between a news conference and press conference? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anybody listening who can give an update?

From the little bit I got at the end and via fb comments it seems like they are still searching all avenues (I literally heard the last twenty seconds). Seems like they are still considering water?

http://www.kwwl.com/category/195327/kwwl-live-streaming

(I missed the name and position of the first man speaking related to the searches)

Maintained searches on the water
Water has been stirring things up, shifting things around, we are getting close ruling Wolf Creek in or out
Over weekend will bring additional teams to clear the water, will use side sonar and K-9s
Need to take advantage of the warm weather to continue clearing the water

Q: number of searchers in water? A: 6-7 people. Boat using side sonar and focusing more on Cedar River. Will hopefully have 3 K-9 teams and 4-5 fire departments sending personnel to help. Drones also being used.

Q: [unclear] A: These are our Saturday/Sunday plans. With water up, will allow boats to get in places unable to go before.

Q: How many sonar? A: One sonar will be brought in, side sonar that will give images and can look for anomalies along banks.

Q: How far down Cedar River will be searched? A: All of Wolf Creek is in play, looking at dropping into Cedar at Vinton and heading north.

Black Hawk County Sherriff Thompson speaks about investigation.

Continuing to look into leads with emperical evidence related to videos

120 uploads to FBI website.

Thank you for sharing theories and images with me on Facebook, but I am not the one analyzing. Please upload to the FBI site. https://tips.fbi.gov/digitalmedia/3d0172758feedf3

Excited that we finally have Mother Nature working with us. We have been fighting weather since the inception of this operation.

Good weather will allow to bring in drones, sonar, K-9's. With weather this has changed some tributaries, filling them up and that may help to bring him out if he is in the water.

Encouraged to contact tip line with any leads because we are running out. This looks like a missing person and we don't have anything else to disprove this theory. In the same vein, not dismissing possibility of a runaway or abduction.
Frustrating to admit the investigation is not developing huge leads.

Q: Still looking for photos of the person walking between 8:30-9:00? A: don't misconstrue that to think we have a suspect, it may very well have been Jake walking. Looking for others to corroborate this sighting. Timeline is about 8:30 in area of Commercial and Bishop. Have not been able to shore up much more on this sighting.

Q: Is there one thing sticking out according to the timeline? A: According family, what we know about Jake, we are still slightly leaning toward him going to creek and something bad happening there.

Q: Were you able to see Jake on any of the video? A: some evidence is anomolys, which is why looking for additional corroboration.

Q: [question regarding technology] A: some of the technology we have used to talk with people. One guy at the biking event called us and said, "Hey i'll come in and talk but get my picture off the internet." We've not had a lot of fruitful leads from technology.

Q: have you been able to shorten the 30 minute window? A: between first 911 call and from other videos, we are confident in 20-30 minute window.

Q: what is the city still doing? A: this morning they began putting up blue Autism ribbons. This is such a tight knit and community-centric city. Community recognizes the importance of keeping Jake in the news. We are prideful with how transparent we've been with you. We are hoping you can help us get this information and details out. Just takes one bit of info to steer in the right lead.

Q: [family and volunteers]? A: Family has been focused on helping and important to them to help.

Q: Will the family say anything else? A: I don't know, family continues to hold out hope that thd next message will be he is located safely.

Q: Is the investigation located in the right place? A: the investigation is where its needs to be [police dept]. Have moved some things like record keeping back to Waterloo.

Q; Timeline for search and investigation? A: The investigation and search parallel each other. One is not dependent upon the other.

Q: With the search and K-9s, lots of people in and out, can they still find something? A: K9s did some scent tracking, we had human remain detection K-9s and we are focusing on what the dogs find.

Next briefing will be dependent on what we find. Operations planned into Monday/Tuesday so we know what we are doing over the next 3-4 days. Be ready for a press release and if we are able to call it we'll give you enough time to react. Thank you for all the volunteers, we want to bring this to resolution both for the family and the city.

note: two thumbs up for a press conference that started exactly on time! My apologies for missing some of the questions, I had a hard time keeping up with it going on live

This might be a silly question but is there a difference between a news conference and press conference? Thanks.

It's two different terms for the same event, an interview given to journalists by a prominent person in order to make an announcement or a

It's been two weeks. Jake, where are you?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Back to water?
I’m so glad they are being thorough, wish we could find this young man quicker.

Water search renewed in efforts to #BringJakeHome

LA PORTE CITY (KWWL) - Efforts to find a missing Iowa teen with autism focus back to the water.

[...]

Search teams are once again combing the six-mile stretch of the creek from La Porte City to the Cedar River.

In day one, Black Hawk County Sheriff Tony Thompson and La Porte City Police Chief Chris Brecher promised to leave no stone unturned.

This weekend, investigators and search teams will continue to work towards making good on that promise.

"We are getting close to the point that we can either rule the creek out as our culprit or not," said Chief Brecher.

Snowmelt from Wednesday's storm has raised the water levels and possibly shifted things in the water.

"Over the weekend, we are going to be bringing in some more teams to clear the water once more. We are going to have some boat assets coming forward with sonar again. We are working on getting K9s back in the area to get them up and down the creek bank to see if there is anything they will indicate on," explained Chief Brecher.

Last Saturday, investigators said they were 80 to 90 percent sure Jake wasn't in the murky waters. This weekend, they will work to close that gap.

"While it is frustrating to have to admit that our investigation is not developing huge or important leads, it is just as validating to know that everything is continuing to point towards what we originally thought it was when we first started searching on Saturday evening until about 1:30 in the morning," said Sheriff Tony Thompson.

While law enforcement continues to search, the people of La Porte City continue to rally with signs of support, countless missing posters, and now blue ribbons for autism awareness and Jake's favorite color, lining Main Street and the street Jake calls home.

"We are praying and hoping, just as hard as we can from day one. We are not going to quit looking; we're not," said Shelly Hopkins of La Porte City.

The city continuing to remain optimistic, and Sheriff Thompson says the family is doing the same, keeping busy by handing out hundreds of fliers with Jake's information on them.

Investigators continue to look at all possibilities. They are still asking anyone with photos from Saturday, April 7th to upload them to www.fbi.gov/laportecityiowa.

If you have any information on Jake, law enforcement is asking people to call the La Porte City Police Department at 319-342-2232 or the Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office at 319-291-2515.

http://www.kwqc.com/content/news/Water-search-renewed-in-efforts-to-BringJakeHome-480485241.html

thinking of Jake and bumping his thread back up...

ETA: Posting at the same time as the post just above - several pics in that article sans glasses.

I don't know why, but I just get the feeling he was never in the water or even near it. Jessica Lundsford's case keeps coming to my mind for some reason. Like Jake is hidden or hiding somewhere nearby. Just thinking out loud. Praying for his safe return.

I don't know why, but I just get the feeling he was never in the water or even near it. Jessica Lundsford's case keeps coming to my mind for some reason. Like Jake is hidden or hiding somewhere nearby. Just thinking out loud. Praying for his safe return.

Unfortunately I get the same feeling. I think the focus of this case is going to shift into a criminal case vs accidental drowning. So sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vaehj
Back