IA - Jetseta Gage, 10, abducted & murdered, Cedar Rapids, 24 March 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
At times like this, the issue of executing sexual offenders of this magnitude, I think, should be permitable. I know some people view such actions as harsh, but as I see it, this man and people like him go well past the aspect of deviancy... they are plain evil.

You won't get an argument from me. Not only was Jetseta murdered because of this but others are for a lifetime living a murdered life. There are some things in life that are unforgivable. Number 1, exploiting children and murdering them for silence when the system is stacked up against them anyway.

It is taking the most vulnerable of society to use for adult pleasure. There needs to be a special breed of punishment for those people. Nothing could be too harsh for them.

Amen. I fully believe that people who murder children they've molested in order to shut them up deserve a mandatory death sentence in the federal system once convicted. If we had stronger penalties, it might deter the trash in the first place.

From Tragedy to Training | KCRG-TV9 | News

... Sheriff Lonny Pulkrabek would like to build (a training center) on the sight where Jetseta Gage's body was found...

Pulkrabek says the training facility could be named for Jetseta. Currently deputies and police officers have to go to Linn County for gun training.

I could support a training center, but a "gun" training center? How about a full scale, full scope training center for finding the missing? Training for collecting evidence, securing scenes, working with tracking & cadaver dogs, organizing search parties, exploring/finding resources, public relations........ and on, and on, and on.

Wouldn't gun training just be noisy?

I don't know anything about that area but I remember having the impression when they found Jetseta that the area is kind of remote. Does anyone know? In that case, the noise wouldn't necessarily be a problem.

And I guess the reality is that if they want to build on that land, they're going to have to build something for which there's an actual need. I thought the same thing as you at first, Salem - that I'd like to see them use that land for something to do with helping children or the missing, etc., but if there isn't a huge need for that, they'd probably never get approval to use taxpayer money to build it.

James Bentley Requests New Trial - News Story - KCCI Des Moines

An eastern Iowa man sentenced for child *advertiser censored* and exploitation wants a new trial.

James Bentley, 35, of Vinton, is facing a sentence of 100 years in prison. There is no parole in the federal system.

His attorney filed a notice of appeal Tuesday.

Mark Brown said Bentley wants to appeal his sentence and conviction and also is requesting another attorney be appointed in the appeal...

press-citizen.com | Local News

While Iowa City police officials pursue a 40-acre parcel in Kalona for a shooting range, nearby neighbors say they are concerned about how it would affect their lives and properties...

Residents listed noise and devaluation of property as their biggest concerns. They also say the area is not as sparsely populated as police officials have indicated...

Supervisor Rod Sullivan said the board has heard concerns from “all over the board...”

“On the one hand, it’s definitely advantageous to have access to the training range,” he said. “But is that the right place for it? I’m not sure. I need time to do the research...”

“There’s always people who don’t want things in their backyard, but this benefits everybody in Johnson County,” (Hagardine) said. “We have to have trained police officers. This range will indirectly benefit anybody in this area. It has to be in somebody’s backyard...”

A proposed site for a police firing range that has been opposed by nearby residents will no longer be considered, Iowa City police officials said Thursday...

“We abandoned the Yoder Road idea after we were approached by a representative … of the former owner,” said Iowa City Police Chief Sam Hargadine. “A title search has not been conducted. However, we were apprised of issues that were cause enough for concern.”

He said the abandoned site could be embroiled in a land ownership discrepancy...

I don't know anything about that area but I remember having the impression when they found Jetseta that the area is kind of remote. Does anyone know? In that case, the noise wouldn't necessarily be a problem.

And I guess the reality is that if they want to build on that land, they're going to have to build something for which there's an actual need. I thought the same thing as you at first, Salem - that I'd like to see them use that land for something to do with helping children or the missing, etc., but if there isn't a huge need for that, they'd probably never get approval to use taxpayer money to build it.

Isn't this in the heartland of Amish country?
If memory serves me correctly Kalona is mostly all Amish.

You're right, Cheko.

Kalona Area Chamber of Commerce

Today, the Kalona area is home to the largest Amish Mennonite settlement west of the Mississippi River, something that began when three Old Order Amish families established homesteads near Deer Creek the year Iowa became a state...

Also, in another article it states:

“Of all the properties we’ve seen, there has not been one in a more rural area.”

You're right, Cheko.

Kalona Area Chamber of Commerce

Today, the Kalona area is home to the largest Amish Mennonite settlement west of the Mississippi River, something that began when three Old Order Amish families established homesteads near Deer Creek the year Iowa became a state...

Also, in another article it states:

“Of all the properties we’ve seen, there has not been one in a more rural area.”

Thanks JerseyGirl,

I was pretty certain thats where it was. The Amish wouldn't want a gun range there.

The Amish are so friendly & kind, I've been there several times. My folks loved going. I used to take them to a small country store. All the Amish shopped there, it was a site to see. The horses & buggies would be tied up to hitching posts. It was several miles outside of Kalona. A shooting range in that area is totally uncalled for.

I haven't been there in many years. I need to take a road trip, its hard to do because it brings back such wonderful memories of my folks.

Thanks JerseyGirl,

I was pretty certain thats where it was. The Amish wouldn't want a gun range there.

I think you're 100% right about that. I hadn't realized that it was an Amish area until you mentioned it.

The Amish are so friendly & kind, I've been there several times. My folks loved going. I used to take them to a small country store. All the Amish shopped there, it was a site to see. The horses & buggies would be tied up to hitching posts. It was several miles outside of Kalona. A shooting range in that area is totally uncalled for.
We have an Amish community nearby in Lancaster County, PA. I agree that the Amish are such a nice, peaceful group. I enjoyed driving through there last year on the way to the Renaissance Faire. Sadly, the next day was that horrifying schoohouse murder. I'll never understand why that happened to them. :(

DesMoinesRegister.com

An attorney for James Bentley has argued his client deserves a new trial on federal child *advertiser censored* charges because his client's trial attorney was barred from questioning witnesses about photographs...

Attorney Thomas O'Flaherty said Bentley deserves a new trial because his trial attorney wasn't allowed to question witnesses about the possibility that Roger Bentley took the pictures.

Why is this creep worried about having a new trial...he still has two more charges to face. I think they should just take him and his no good brother out and shoot them. Neither of them deserve to live.

Court: Gage Videotape Would Violate Bentley's Rights - News Story - KCCI Des Moines

The Iowa Supreme Court sided with an accused child molester over a videotape of his alleged victim...

The Supreme Court says the videotape of 10-year-old Jetseta Gage can't be used because James Bentley can't confront his accuser.

Jetseta can never testify against Bentley because his brother, Roger, kidnapped and killed her.

Before Jetseta's slaying, she told a child protection worker on tape that Bentley had repeatedly molested her...

Sioux City Journal: Supreme Court rules Gage videotape would violate Bentley's rights

... "The decision was very thorough today, so I don't think we'll seek rehearing," she said.

Bentley's case has been on hold, pending the appeal process. Tabor said she will work with the trial attorneys to determine how to go forward.

O'Flaherty said that from the defense's perspective, the case is over.

"I don't think the state can go forward with the prosecution without that tape because the child is not available," he said.

James Bentley is in prison on federal charges.

He was convicted in June on charges of sexual exploitation and child *advertiser censored* and sentenced to 100 years in prison. There is no parole in the federal system.

If convicted on the state charges, he could face up to 50 years in state prison.

'''''''''''''''''''

The Supreme Court says the videotape of 10-year-old Jetseta Gage can't be used because James Bentley can't confront his accuser.

Jetseta can never testify against Bentley because his brother, Roger, kidnapped and killed her.

Before Jetseta's slaying, she told a child protection worker on tape that Bentley had repeatedly molested her...

:banghead::behindbar:banghead:
Where is Jeseta's justice????

Thats bull crap! Show me one person who has been murdered that was able to be confronted by their killer in court!
I dont know how these defense attorneys sleep at night!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benjysmom
Back