IA - Jetseta Gage, 10, abducted & murdered, Cedar Rapids, 24 March 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If he was a long time family friend, her mother should have know or at least had an idea that he was a sex offender--- AND HE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO BE ANY WHERE NEAR HER CHILDREN. This is so sad, kids are not safe anywhere. We worry when our kids are at school, or at friends house or anytime they are away from us. We should not have to worry about our children when they are at home. :(

kk's mom said:
Her body has been found. I'll try and find an article. I can't take this anymore.........

Jetseta and Jessica...may the laws be changed so that these beautiful little angels did not die in vain. I think this will be the thing that finally makes the public decide they ALL can't take this anymore!!

I am seriously beginning to believe it isn't "how many children have to die?" The real question seems to be, "whose" children? I would guarantee if the child of a congressman or senator was kidnapped, raped and murdered there would be hell to pay and laws would change immediately.

I had to go out this afternoon and couldn't wait to get back home and see if there was any news. Dear God! This is NOT the news I wanted to hear!

I CAN'T STAND THIS ANYMORE! HOW CAN IT BE STOPPED? SOMEONE HAS TO DO SOMETHING!

still has the crawl at the bottom of the screen saying she's still missing and that an amber alert has been put out!

That's CNN for you!

Oh, Gee. They just announced again on Fox news that a body has been found. Not identified as her yet, but they showed a large picture of her as they were making the announcement. Not sounding good. I am so weary of hearing the worst outcome about all these children. I am so ready for the laws regarding sex offenders to change. This CAN NOT CONTINUE.

kgeaux said:
Oh, Gee. They just announced again on Fox news that a body has been found. Not identified as her yet, but they showed a large picture of her as they were making the announcement. Not sounding good. I am so weary of hearing the worst outcome about all these children. I am so ready for the laws regarding sex offenders to change. This CAN NOT CONTINUE.

out of 500,000 registered sex offenders that have committed crimes before,

100,000 are missing

Florida is very strict checking in with the offenders every week, if that's true, how did Jessica's sick perverted killer, move in across the street?

when they get out from under the watchful eye of the police, first chance he had, he committed a crime...

will the courts ever understand pedoviles cannot be cured?

it is a sickness that is curable by death...

This is very very very sad :( - saying prayers for the family.

Instead of death Rocky, I vote we round them all up and ship them off to Iraq and let them write their own death sentence.

:twocents: DS

Dark Shadows said:

Instead of death Rocky, I vote we round them all up and ship them off to Iraq and let them write their own death sentence.

This is certainly sad. SOMETHING has to be done. This cannot go on. We can have Congress meet in emergency sessions on weekends, we can have the President of the U.S. cut a trip early to sign a bill, we can have Governors trying to get laws passed, but we can't do anything to protect our children? SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG HERE FOLKS......

:furious:

Dark Shadows said:

I dunno, with the way the Nation of Islam is backing Michael Jackson, they might welcome them with open arms...

kgeaux said:

Have you done a search in SW Louisiana to see the number of sexual offenders? I am just curious. I have tried and received incomplete results but my computer skills are not that great and I don't get a lot of help from LE in that area.

Jovin said:

This is very sad. This poor child is a victim of prior molestation. I would think her mother/grandmother would have been more protective of her considering this happened and the fact that she was mentally challenged as well. The offender, what a piece of garbage. He's done this before which is probably the reason he kept the friendship going with the mother. Piece of crap. He was waiting to make his move. This is getting out of hand.

Dark Shadows said:

for the homeless, the thought of 3 meals a day and a warm bed to sleep in sounds pretty good.

I make a motion we change our jail system so it's more like Mexico, where a 3 month sentence is life.

Or do what the Russians do, after someone is given the death sentence he is walked around the corner and offered two options, pull the trigger themselves or be shot.

Or midwest justice, where the police announce the person and the evil crime they've committed one day before driving to his house to pick him up and finding a mutilated pulp to haul off to the morgue...

Geez, what can we even say? I just can't believe it. :( :( :( I feel depressed; defeated. I don't know what we can do about this. We need our legislators to do something and quickly.

concernedperson said:
Have you done a search in SW Louisiana to see the number of sexual offenders? I am just curious. I have tried and received incomplete results but my computer skills are not that great and I don't get a lot of help from LE in that area.

http://www.lasocpr.lsp.org/Static/Search.htm

You can search here by parish or zip code, but I'm not sure how diligent LE is about updating. I've got eight in my zip code, four for sexual crimes against children. The nearest one is about 1/2 mile away by road, less than 1/4 mile if he should decide to take a walk through the woods. And you are right, LE is VERY SLOW to open up their records about the missing. Are you the same concernedperson from the DTL board on CTV? Do you remember when the BR media pulled out all the info on missing women from the BR area? Was it SEVENTY???? Most of them were "new news" to me......nobody, LE or media, seems interested in publicising the names, faces or numbers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo
Back