IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Anchorwoman, Mason City, 27 June 1995 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The more I read about this case, the less I believe that JV had anything to do with it.
Woofbark, you make a great point - why nab her in a parking lot if you have better access to her that doesn't expose you as much? JV is a logical POI. If you watched the excellent videos on the Find Jodi Huisentruit • The Search for the Missing TV News Anchor website, his mannerisms are suspicious and he seemed overly protective of Jodi - one of the videos I watched he used strange language to describe the situation. I can't find it at the moment so I won't quote it here, but Josh Benson and company did a great job of compiling videos that help tell the story.

And Ladonna Woodford's behavior in the 2018 episode of 48 hours is also strange, and she is part of JV's alibi. She hasn't even surfaced until recently. As for JV, he has been seemingly cooperative, supposedly passed a lie detector test, never lawyered up, and has endured 24 years of innuendo from MCPD and others. He did have his boat named after her (which is weird), but it wasn't painted on the side as has been previously reported.

He is now reportedly dying.
Key figure in Jodi Huisentruit disappearance has Alzheimer's disease - Radio Iowa and

An interview with Steve Ridge • Find Jodi Huisentruit

And once he has passed away, JV will be even a more convenient target for MCPD, which seems to have a history of ignoring leads in this case. Check this out:

Retiring state representative says Bookmeyer, other Mason City officials stonewalled him in Huisentruit investigation

Statement from an Iowa State Representative and State House Public Safety Committee member John Kooiker on December 30, 2016: "I spoke with DCI director Jim Saunders. He explained that due to the complexity of this case, the Mason City Police Department was supposedly notifying Iowa DCI of all leads since 1995. But for reasons unknown, the Mason City Police Department concealed the 2008 leads from Iowa DCI until 2015." (emphasis added).

This is an extraordinary statement by a low-key State Representative who doesn't appear to have a history of saying anything controversial. And he is saying all the leads were given to Iowa DCI for assist EXCEPT WHAT? So what the hell happened in 2008? And what happened between 2008-2015 with these leads, and what's happened in the last 5 years now that this has been discovered? Why isn't this a bigger deal and why can't MCPD at least say "this is true or isn't true and we have worked with DCI to investigate the leads that a State Representative claims were concealed from 2008?"

This case cries out for a national media or national victim's advocacy organization, with resources, to put public pressure on the Mason City Police Department.

Woofbark, you make a great point - why nab her in a parking lot if you have better access to her that doesn't expose you as much? JV is a logical POI. If you watched the excellent videos on the Find Jodi Huisentruit • The Search for the Missing TV News Anchor website, his mannerisms are suspicious and he seemed overly protective of Jodi - one of the videos I watched he used strange language to describe the situation. I can't find it at the moment so I won't quote it here, but Josh Benson and company did a great job of compiling videos that help tell the story.

And Ladonna Woodford's behavior in the 2018 episode of 48 hours is also strange, and she is part of JV's alibi. She hasn't even surfaced until recently. As for JV, he has been seemingly cooperative, supposedly passed a lie detector test, never lawyered up, and has endured 24 years of innuendo from MCPD and others. He did have his boat named after her (which is weird), but it wasn't painted on the side as has been previously reported.

He is now reportedly dying.
Key figure in Jodi Huisentruit disappearance has Alzheimer's disease - Radio Iowa and

An interview with Steve Ridge • Find Jodi Huisentruit

And once he has passed away, JV will be even a more convenient target for MCPD, which seems to have a history of ignoring leads in this case. Check this out:

Retiring state representative says Bookmeyer, other Mason City officials stonewalled him in Huisentruit investigation

Statement from an Iowa State Representative and State House Public Safety Committee member John Kooiker on December 30, 2016: "I spoke with DCI director Jim Saunders. He explained that due to the complexity of this case, the Mason City Police Department was supposedly notifying Iowa DCI of all leads since 1995. But for reasons unknown, the Mason City Police Department concealed the 2008 leads from Iowa DCI until 2015." (emphasis added).

This is an extraordinary statement by a low-key State Representative who doesn't appear to have a history of saying anything controversial. And he is saying all the leads were given to Iowa DCI for assist EXCEPT WHAT? So what the hell happened in 2008? And what happened between 2008-2015 with these leads, and what's happened in the last 5 years now that this has been discovered? Why isn't this a bigger deal and why can't MCPD at least say "this is true or isn't true and we have worked with DCI to investigate the leads that a State Representative claims were concealed from 2008?"

This case cries out for a national media or national victim's advocacy organization, with resources, to put public pressure on the Mason City Police Department.

There is definitely (a lot?) more to the story than is being let on. I just can't see incompetence/poor handling being enough to warrant such extreme measures, particularly concealing information from another LE/Police department (since one would imagine that sort of thing is common and known between themselves, even if not obvious to the general public).

I can't imagine a situation that would require such drastic measures. Even protection of an officer, a possibility that has been suggested, doesn't seem to warrant the response. Can anyone else see a more likely reason?

Private investigator speaks with KWWL after Jodi Huisentruit billboard vandalized - KWWL

WATERLOO, Iowa (KWWL) - It was a shocking sight for some in Mason City this week, as the billboard pleading for information about the disappearance of KIMT news anchor, Jodi Huisentruit, was vandalized with graffiti.

Private investigator, Steve Ridge, stopped into the KWWL studio Thursday to speak about the crime. He said two people in dark clothing were seen on surveillance footage parked behind a nearby tavern, committing the crime.

"Brought it around and very methodically moved the ladder along to write the letters 'Frank Sterns,' former Lieutenant of the Mason City Police Department," said Ridge. "Then replace the ladder and in one swoop wrote 'machine shed,' implying that perhaps that is where to look for Jodi's body."

Ridge says he spoke with Sterns today, who wants the people responsible prosecuted.

Huisentruit was 27-years-old when she went missing on June 27, 1995. She was declared legally dead in 2001. The 25th anniversary of her disappearance is this June.

Private investigator speaks with KWWL after Jodi Huisentruit billboard vandalized - KWWL

WATERLOO, Iowa (KWWL) - It was a shocking sight for some in Mason City this week, as the billboard pleading for information about the disappearance of KIMT news anchor, Jodi Huisentruit, was vandalized with graffiti.

Private investigator, Steve Ridge, stopped into the KWWL studio Thursday to speak about the crime. He said two people in dark clothing were seen on surveillance footage parked behind a nearby tavern, committing the crime.

"Brought it around and very methodically moved the ladder along to write the letters 'Frank Sterns,' former Lieutenant of the Mason City Police Department," said Ridge. "Then replace the ladder and in one swoop wrote 'machine shed,' implying that perhaps that is where to look for Jodi's body."

Ridge says he spoke with Sterns today, who wants the people responsible prosecuted.

Huisentruit was 27-years-old when she went missing on June 27, 1995. She was declared legally dead in 2001. The 25th anniversary of her disappearance is this June.
How odd. Is someone hinting to look near a business called machine shed? Where is the closest one to the abduction site? Is it possible?

How odd. Is someone hinting to look near a business called machine shed? Where is the closest one to the abduction site? Is it possible?

That's a very interesting hypothesis, @Woofbark... Searched online using your suggestion, and came up with the following link:

Home - Machine Shed

Click on "Locations", and there is a drop-down menu showing 6 locations. Is Davenport, IA the nearest location (if @Woofbark's theory is a possibility) to Mason City?

Also...in addition to a business with that name, here are a few more "What if" possibilities:
-- that either JH or an abductor *met* at a MS location, or that JH may have been *seen* with an abductor at a MS location within days/weeks after the abduction?
-- that someone who works/has worked at a MS location knows/has additional information re: JH's location?
-- that someone with knowledge of/information leading to the discovery of JH has business ties to a MS (a business with that name), or to an actual "MS" in/around/within a relatively close radius of Mason City?

--
While researching this case, came across this link: Police misconduct allegations started with church pastor

After having read earlier of a retiring IA State Representative who gave very clear, straightforward comments on the case (see several posts above this one), one is struck with the facts of the chilling (and unsolved) homicides related to those who have attempted to give information on this case... :eek: Terrifying. No *wonder* the case seems to be growing cold; people are afraid for their very *lives*.

Brings to mind these words:
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men [women] do *nothing*." -- Edmund Burke, 1729 - 1797

The whole vandalism issue is a distraction, but it's great to see national attention on the case as a result. Nice to see Frank Stearns wanting to see those who vandalized the billboard prosecuted. I agree the vandalism should be prosecuted. Does Mr. Stearns have the same passion for finding Jodi's killer(s)?

"Find Jodi" billboard vandalized - KTTC

Interesting... I hadn’t thought of the Machine Shed as a business. It’s very possible.

In rural Iowa, a machine shed is a term used to reference an outbuilding to house machines such as tractors. I thought they may be trying to tell someone to check Frank Sterns’ machine shed on his property. Assuming he has one.

I'm more curious about the
That's a very interesting hypothesis, @Woofbark... Searched online using your suggestion, and came up with the following link:

Home - Machine Shed

Click on "Locations", and there is a drop-down menu showing 6 locations. Is Davenport, IA the nearest location (if @Woofbark's theory is a possibility) to Mason City?

Also...in addition to a business with that name, here are a few more "What if" possibilities:
-- that either JH or an abductor *met* at a MS location, or that JH may have been *seen* with an abductor at a MS location within days/weeks after the abduction?
-- that someone who works/has worked at a MS location knows/has additional information re: JH's location?
-- that someone with knowledge of/information leading to the discovery of JH has business ties to a MS (a business with that name), or to an actual "MS" in/around/within a relatively close radius of Mason City?

--
While researching this case, came across this link: Police misconduct allegations started with church pastor

After having read earlier of a retiring IA State Representative who gave very clear, straightforward comments on the case (see several posts above this one), one is struck with the facts of the chilling (and unsolved) homicides related to those who have attempted to give information on this case... :eek: Terrifying. No *wonder* the case seems to be growing cold; people are afraid for their very *lives*.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men [women] do *nothing*." -- Edmund Burke, 1729 - 1797
I'm more curious about the urbandale location. Notice the large pond. Then look at the upper portion of the water.

What interests me the most is to know who "wrote" on the billboard and how they acquired that knowledge. Also, why not be more direct, and why commit a crime (vandalising) rather than posting a tip to the PD or even online (if, for some reason, the PD cannot be trusted)?

Also, doesn't it seem suspicious that the PD wrote the tip off as a distraction so quickly, and that Sterns is more interested in getting the people prosecuted than the potential of solving the case? I don't want to read into the situation too much, but it doesn't seem to have prompted the response I would have expected.

Thank you to @Tiger Stripes for looking up all those locations and for his Ideas on this. If the vandalism was intended as a clue, then perhaps the areas close to those locations could hold clues. If @Tiger Stripes and other people look at photos of those locations, it may help to solve this case.
Home - Machine Shed

--

What interests me the most is to know who "wrote" on the billboard and how they acquired that knowledge. Also, why not be more direct, and why commit a crime (vandalising) rather than posting a tip to the PD or even online (if, for some reason, the PD cannot be trusted)?
Lets hope this was a clue and not just foolish vandalism.

Could it be possible... that those who committed the vandalism to the billboard were/are...very, very fearful for their *lives* (based on past history of what has transpired when others have attempted to reveal information)? ::hoping this guess is not true, but... what if it were?::

Could it be possible... that those who committed the vandalism to the billboard were/are...very, very fearful for their *lives* (based on past history of what has transpired when others have attempted to reveal information)? ::hoping this guess is not true, but... what if it were?::
Anything is possible. Maybe someone should ask them for more clues.

Anything is possible. Maybe someone should ask them for more clues.
Good idea, ask for more clues! Weird clues might require a weird response, imo.
They should paint over the vandalized portion of the billboard and re-write something like, Where is Jodi, please report directly to LE..
Or, request that they write something more specific on the painted over billboard.

Good idea, ask for more clues! Weird clues might require a weird response, imo.
They should paint over the vandalized portion of the billboard and re-write something like, Where is Jodi, please report directly to LE..
Or, request that they write something more specific on the painted over billboard.
A news reporter could try to arrange a secret meeting with the guys and ask them what they were trying to accomplish. If they are trying to give clues, they could tell everything to that reporter. I know I make odd suggestions once in a while, but someday I hope something works out to solve this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back