IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Anchorwoman, Mason City, 27 June 1995 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What interests me the most is to know who "wrote" on the billboard and how they acquired that knowledge. Also, why not be more direct, and why commit a crime (vandalising) rather than posting a tip to the PD or even online (if, for some reason, the PD cannot be trusted)?
Everyone is hoping this was a clue, but there's no way of knowing if it was a clue or not. I sure hope it was. If those guys do have valid information, let's hope they find better ways to tell what they know. Using a pay phone to report tips would keep them anonymous. It's also less work than hauling a ladder and climbing upon a billboard.

Everyone is hoping this was a clue, but there's no way of knowing if it was a clue or not. I sure hope it was. If those guys do have valid information, let's hope they find better ways to tell what they know. Using a pay phone to report tips would keep them anonymous. It's also less work than hauling a ladder and climbing upon a billboard.
I sort of doubt it's a clue; it's probably a case of someone settling a personal grudge.

Interesting... I hadn’t thought of the Machine Shed as a business. It’s very possible.

In rural Iowa, a machine shed is a term used to reference an outbuilding to house machines such as tractors. I thought they may be trying to tell someone to check Frank Sterns’ machine shed on his property. Assuming he has one.
How many people, that Jodi knew, had a machine shed? It may not be that many.

A news reporter could try to arrange a secret meeting with the guys and ask them what they were trying to accomplish. If they are trying to give clues, they could tell everything to that reporter. I know I make odd suggestions once in a while, but someday I hope something works out to solve this case.

I love this idea, @Woofbark! What's *best* about it? It completely circumvents any possible delay in the investigation
(we can't even *imagine* that, or *why*, investigators might be delaying progress, especially in light of this case being nearly 25 years old).

To keep doing the same things in the same way (i. e., or to continue the JH investigation in the same way for *another* 20-25 years) is a recipe for frustration; thus, I like Woofbark's out-of-the-box idea of the vandals' connecting with a reporter. That being said, a wise reporter would, IMO, find a way for the vandals to *remain* anonymous. I feel sure that, based on past history of what has happened to others who have shared information in this case, said "vandals" are not likely to want to meet in person with *anyone* (and this makes me sad, especially if they have key information as to the crime/the criminal behind the crime).

Here's to fresh approaches, and to new ideas! Justice for JH!

Finding a working pay phone is, these days, quite a challenge (but that is a great idea, since it would keep the information-givers' identity private).

Finding a working pay phone is, these days, quite a challenge (but that is a great idea, since it would keep the information-givers' identity private).
You're right, finding a payphone might be hard. Meeting with a reporter would be better because reporters won't reveal their sources. Better use of news reporters and media may help to solve this case.

That's a very interesting hypothesis, @Woofbark...

Brings to mind these words:
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men [women] do *nothing*." -- Edmund Burke, 1729 - 1797

Woofbark and Tiger Stripes, great Edmund Burke quote. Interesting that there has been such a lack of coverage on Frank Stearns' retirement until this incident. FS retired without fanfare or any public recognition after all his years of service. Prior to this situation, the only mention of FS's retirement was in the Mason City Globe Gazette in the context of another story several months ago: Cerro Gordo autopsies no longer to be done locally, extra cost could be $100K

September 10, 2019 - "On Tuesday the supervisors appointed Dr. Angela Konrad to succeed Dr. Steven Goetz as medical examiner. They also approved the appointment of Frank Stearns, a retired lieutenant with the Mason City Police Department, to serve as the medical examiner investigator, a new position for the county."

With what the state representative and the pastor have stated , it does suggest the police are not being truthful for some reason?

Great question, and I think that's becoming clear. MCPD's is depending on an overstretched media to continue to accept MCPD's narrative of proper handling. Where have all the investigative reporters gone?

But there are some people starting to ask: Check out these two articles from about a year ago from two different reporters: 48 Hours episode shines light on Huisentruit case again - The Iowa Standard

Jodi Huisentruit suspects: none of the above • Find Jodi Huisentruit

As the 25th approaches in 6 months, more attention will be drawn to this case. Probably after the Iowa Presidential Caucuses, which have become quite interesting.

Unless they felt like an anonymous tip would just be swept under the rug. Tagging it on a billboard makes it pretty hard to ignore. They may have been hoping that it would force Frank Stearns to be confronted by the public. Especially if they felt that the police wouldn’t.

Surveillance video obtained by investigator in Huisentruit vandalism case - KWWL

Surveillance video obtained by investigator in Huisentruit vandalism case

MASON CITY, Iowa (KWWL) – An Iowa-based private cold case investigator who has been looking into the case of the disappearance of KIMT news anchor Jodi Huisentruit said he has now obtained the video confirming his earlier report two people vandalized a billboard New Year's Eve.

Steve Ridge, a private cold case investigator, spoke with KWWL earlier in the week about his learning that vandals spray-painting the billboard in Mason City. The graffiti suggested a former Mason City police lieutenant might have been involved in Huisentruit's disappearance in 1995.

Ridge posted three still frames from surveillance video he obtained during his investigation. He said there is a chance authorities may be able to identify the vandals responsible for the message.

“Watched in real-time, the video is clean enough that I believe forensic examination can be effective”, Ridge said.

Ridge has noted he is sharing his findings with the authorities handling the case.

It’s mentioned that jodi’s apparent stalker was driving a truck? Did any of the possible suspects drive one at the time?
That's a very good question. I don't remember the description of the truck which was mentioned on this forum. Wasn't it a truck with a possible damaged loud muffler that was seen that same morning near the rock quarry area?

Excellent pics of evidence, Jodi's keys, car, shoes ect..
Evidence photos in the disappearance of Jodi Huisentruit
Evidence photos in the disappearance of Jodi Huisentruit
12/27
Back image_gallery.single.controls.next
  • huisentruit12.jpg
  • On July 1, 1995, a few days after Jodi Huisentruit vanished, Mason City police held a press conference announcing they were looking for a mid-1980s white Ford Econoline van [similar to the vehicle seen in this photo] that a passerby reported seeing in Jodi's parking lot that morning
    • huisentruit5.jpg
    • Police found Jodi's high-heeled red shoe next to her car.
      Mason City police shared crime the scene photos with CBS station WCCO in 2005.
    4/27
    • huisentruit4.jpg
  • Parking Lot Crime Scene
    In her apartment complex's parking lot, police discovered Jodi's belongings scattered around her car, a red 1991 Mazda Miata. She had just purchased the vehicle a few weeks prior.

Credit: Globe Gazette

Interesting... I hadn’t thought of the Machine Shed as a business. It’s very possible.

In rural Iowa, a machine shed is a term used to reference an outbuilding to house machines such as tractors. I thought they may be trying to tell someone to check Frank Sterns’ machine shed on his property. Assuming he has one.
I had never heard the term "machine shed" until this week. Thanks for the clarification. That would be a good place to hide someone because it would require a search warrant to go search in one. So far, nobody knows if this was actually a clue or not though. They should tell the vandals they will be forgiven for vandalism if they can provide real clues and prove anything.

Unless they felt like an anonymous tip would just be swept under the rug. Tagging it on a billboard makes it pretty hard to ignore. They may have been hoping that it would force Frank Stearns to be confronted by the public. Especially if they felt that the police wouldn’t.
I'm wondering what ever happened to Caroline Lowe. I would be interested in her new theories on this case.

Great question, and I think that's becoming clear. MCPD's is depending on an overstretched media to continue to accept MCPD's narrative of proper handling. Where have all the investigative reporters gone?

But there are some people starting to ask: Check out these two articles from about a year ago from two different reporters: 48 Hours episode shines light on Huisentruit case again - The Iowa Standard

As the 25th approaches in 6 months, more attention will be drawn to this case. Probably after the Iowa Presidential Caucuses, which have become quite interesting.
Very good articles. Perhaps they should go on the air and challenge the culprit to phone in like they did with Zodiac many years ago.

What would happen if they put up a reward just for finding the body? Then let hikers, campers, and other outdoor people know about that reward. Tell those people who are already going to be outdoors to start looking. I bet a reward of about $50,000 for the body might get results.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back