IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Anchorwoman, Mason City, 27 June 1995 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Private investigator secures new information in Huisentruit case

"I think this is clearly a case where time has gotten the best of someone who, at the time, panicked essentially and destroyed some evidence, or potential evidence, that could be very pivotal in the case," Ridge said.

Ridge said the person initially withheld information from authorities out of fear of being arrested in the case. He said this person was extensively questioned by Mason City Police following Huisentruit's disappearance. After several conversations, the person agreed to allow Ridge to share such information with the proper federal authorities.

“This person found themselves in a very volatile and extremely dangerous situation. Unfortunately, the evidence that they destroyed might have led to a timely arrest and conviction,” Ridge said. “This person told me that they have lived their entire life in fear having carried this dark secret for 25 agonizing years."

Ridge said this is the biggest breakthrough he has been associated with in the case.

He would not identify the person or what kind of evidence was destroyed, citing the importance of secrecy if it ever comes up in front of a grand jury.

"I think this is clearly a case where time has gotten the best of someone who, at the time, panicked essentially and destroyed some evidence, or potential evidence, that could be very pivotal in the case," Ridge said.

Ridge said the person initially withheld information from authorities out of fear of being arrested in the case. He said this person was extensively questioned by Mason City Police following Huisentruit's disappearance. After several conversations, the person agreed to allow Ridge to share such information with the proper federal authorities.

“This person found themselves in a very volatile and extremely dangerous situation. Unfortunately, the evidence that they destroyed might have led to a timely arrest and conviction,” Ridge said. “This person told me that they have lived their entire life in fear having carried this dark secret for 25 agonizing years."

Ridge said this is the biggest breakthrough he has been associated with in the case.

He would not identify the person or what kind of evidence was destroyed, citing the importance of secrecy if it ever comes up in front of a grand jury.
The suspense is killing me. So we have to wait until “if it ever comes up in front of a grand jury”? Not sure I want to get my hopes up...

New details in Jodi Huisentruit case suggests crucial evidence was destroyed

New information in the Jodi Huisentruit abduction case is coming to light as private investigator Steve Ridge reveals that evidence in her disappearance may have been destroyed nearly 25 years ago.

“This person found themselves in a very volatile and extremely dangerous situation. Unfortunately, the evidence that they destroyed might have led to a timely arrest and conviction,” Ridge said. “This person told me that they have lived their entire life in fear having carried this dark secret for twenty-five agonizing years,” Ridge added.

New information in the Jodi Huisentruit abduction case is coming to light as private investigator Steve Ridge reveals that evidence in her disappearance may have been destroyed nearly 25 years ago.

“This person found themselves in a very volatile and extremely dangerous situation. Unfortunately, the evidence that they destroyed might have led to a timely arrest and conviction,” Ridge said. “This person told me that they have lived their entire life in fear having carried this dark secret for twenty-five agonizing years,” Ridge added.

Who could have destroyed evidence?
- the killer
- friend of the killer
- LE

Who could have destroyed evidence because they “found themselves in a very volatile and extremely dangerous situation”?
- friend of the killer

Just guessing... What do y’all think?

- the killer
- friend of the killer
- LE

Who could have destroyed evidence because they “found themselves in a very volatile and extremely dangerous situation”?
- friend of the killer

Spouse of killer?

Angela Johnson, Honken's partner in crime? She was certainly in a volatile and dangerous situation hanging with Honken after 5 murders.

A co-worker of Jodi's?

Whoever it is that supposedly 'confessed' to Ridge about having destroyed evidence in the case was, according to Ridge, interviewed by police one or more times in the wake of Jodi's disappearance.

Who all was interviewed by police at the time?
JV
Ani Kruse
Amy Kuhns
Key Apts. residents who heard screams, someone knocking at Jodi's door, etc.
Key Apts. manager, w/ access to Jodi's unit and perhaps to evidence?
Dealer involved with Miata transaction?
The seller of the Miata?
Who else?....

And then which of these may have found themselves in a dangerous and precarious situation after Jodi's disappearance?

Gettin' interesting!

Last edited:
Spouse of killer.

Angela Johnson, Honken's partner in crime? She was certainly in a volatile and dangerous situation hanging with Honken after 5 murders.
I thought of her, but then I thought why wait? With DH behind bars till death & her imprisonment she’d be out of “danger”.

So then I’m thinking friend of JV who called him at 6 am & walked with him that morning? Maybe it wasn’t really a call- maybe she showed up & saw something she shouldn’t have? Whatshername...

I thought of her, but then I thought why wait? With DH behind bars till death & her imprisonment she’d be out of “danger”.

So then I’m thinking friend of JV who called him at 6 am & walked with him that morning? Maybe it wasn’t really a call- maybe she showed up & saw something she shouldn’t have? Whatshername...

Her name is Ladonna Woodford ( i just looked it up)

Spouse of killer?

A co-worker of Jodi's?

Whoever it is that supposedly 'confessed' to Ridge about having destroyed evidence in the case was, according to Ridge, interviewed by police one or more times in the wake of Jodi's disappearance.

Who all was interviewed by police at the time?
JV
Ani Kruse
Amy Kuhns
Key Apts. residents who heard screams, someone knocking at Jodi's door, etc.
Key Apts. manager, w/ access to Jodi's unit and perhaps to evidence?
Dealer involved with Miata transaction?
The seller of the Miata?
Who else?....

And then which of these may have found themselves in a dangerous and precarious situation after Jodi's disappearance?

Gettin' interesting!

Starting to wonder if this Miata transaction may in fact have somehow been the impetus behind Jodi's disappearance.... Ridge got this 'confession' to destruction of evidence 3 weeks ago. That is around when the Miata was tracked down by the good people at findjodi and when questions popped up right here on websleuths about the seeming hinky-ness of the transaction and the void as to how the purchase was financed.

Last edited:
- the killer
- friend of the killer
- LE

- friend of the killer

It’s always bothered me that the former police chief’s wife sent a copy of Jodi’s journal to the Globe Gazette.

"Ridge said the person initially withheld information from authorities out of fear of being arrested in the case."
Now, who was
a) interviewed by police in 1995 and
b) was in 1995 in the bad position of feeling compelled to withhold info out of fear of potentially being arrested for withholding info on the case
c) is, having recently confessed to Tom Ridge, evidently still alive today?!

Ridge says the person was not complicit in whatever happened to Jodi. Withheld info from investigators, and feared legal troubles for that rather than for complicity in any crime against Jodi.

Did LaDonna Woodford withhold info, when she knew JV was perp? Don't think so. In the 48Hours update done a few years ago, she cried for JV, at the injustice of what befell him, an innocent man in her view. If those tears were fake, give her an Oscar.

Did the dealer who brokered the Miata transaction for his personal friend the seller withhold info about that transaction, about how it was financed, about whether it was seller financed, about whether it was an 'arms length' transaction. Was the car actually secretly a gift? Was there some sort of dispute over the car?

Last edited:

Last night, Ommmm provided the above link to a video newly hosted on the website of KWWL of Waterloo, Iowa. The linked video was 17 minutes in duration and consisted of an interview of PI Steve Ridge. I watched it several times. Today the linked video is condensed down to less than 1 minute! Hmmmm....

Anyhoo, Mr. Ridge says he's shared info (purportedly consisting of a 'confession' by a case insider, who was interviewed by investigators back in 1995, to having withheld critical info at that time) with the investigative authorities, seems to think the supposed info may lead to resolution of the case. Will be interesting to see if this is all for real...

Last edited:
Last night, Ommmm provided the above link to a video hosted on the website of KWWL of Waterloo, Iowa. The linked video was 17 minutes in duration and consisted of an interview of PI Steve Ridge. I watched it several times. Today the linked video is condensed down to less than 1 minute! Hmmmm....

Anyhoo, Mr. Ridge says he's shared info (purportedly consisting of a 'confession' by a case insider, who was interviewed by investigators back in 1995, to having withheld critical info at that time) with the investigative authorities, seems to think the supposed info may lead to resolution of the case. Will be interesting to see if this is all for real...
LE then comes to mind. Remember the deputy whistleblower who was fired for her criticism of case handling? I’m a bit fuzzy on details but do remember fear of retaliation being a factor. I’ll go back & look later today... Or if someone else recalls, please feel free to jog my memory better.

I like your logic, @itsrak.
- interviewed in 1995
-withheld info from LE
- feared being arrested
- didn’t kill Jodi
- still alive today

Miata dealer, Miata seller, wife of police chief, deputy whistleblower, Ladonna, Ani, Amy, co-worker, apartment resident, apartment manager? So many. Wasn’t there also a pastor who had info LE ignored?

I always thought it odd that co-worker called LE for welfare check so early. True, Jodi said she’d be in when they spoke at 4 am (or 3?), true, Jodi never missed her on-air time. But I’d assume she fell back asleep or had a flat tire- not need a welfare check. Maybe gut instinct, who knows.

LE then comes to mind. Remember the deputy whistleblower who was fired for her criticism of case handling? I’m a bit fuzzy on details but do remember fear of retaliation being a factor. I’ll go back & look later today... Or if someone else recalls, please feel free to jog my memory better.

I like your logic, @itsrak.
- interviewed in 1995
-withheld info from LE
- feared being arrested
- didn’t kill Jodi
- still alive today

Miata dealer, Miata seller, wife of police chief, deputy whistleblower, Ladonna, Ani, Amy, co-worker, apartment resident, apartment manager? So many. Wasn’t there also a pastor who had info LE ignored?

I always thought it odd that co-worker called LE for welfare check so early. True, Jodi said she’d be in when they spoke at 4 am (or 3?), true, Jodi never missed her on-air time. But I’d assume she fell back asleep or had a flat tire- not need a welfare check. Maybe gut instinct, who knows.
Former Mason City police officer says police may have taken Jodi Huisentruit
''A former Mason City police officer said Thursday two Mason City police officers and a retired state DCI agent may have been involved in the abduction and possible murder of Jodi Huisentruit.

Further, she alleges police officials may be covering up what really happened by their failure to follow up on leads she has provided.

Maria Ohl, who was terminated from the police department last month, made the accusations while speaking to the media after a Civil Service Commission meeting at City Hall Thursday.''

Maria Ohl Archives • Find Jodi Huisentruit

Maria Ohl represented herself at the hearing with the Mason City Civil Service Commission in September, 2011.

''A former Mason City police officer said Thursday two Mason City police officers and a retired state DCI agent may have been involved in the abduction and possible murder of Jodi Huisentruit.

Further, she alleges police officials may be covering up what really happened by their failure to follow up on leads she has provided.

Maria Ohl, who was terminated from the police department last month, made the accusations while speaking to the media after a Civil Service Commission meeting at City Hall Thursday.''

Maria Ohl represented herself at the hearing with the Mason City Civil Service Commission in September, 2011.

This case has so many twists and turns-----

Yes! Maria Ohl! Perhaps one of the LE wives destroyed evidence by order of her husband. So what would their motive have been to kill Jodi? Public criticism of their handling of the murder of her friend, Billy Pruin? Or maybe whomever is responsible for Jodi’s death killed Billy too? Billy’s murder is still unsolved.
William "Billy" Pruin

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crankymomma
Back