IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was JH’s friend. He named his boat after her, claims he was the last to see her and a whole lot more. He moved to AZ after she disappeared.
Was going to respond in similar fashion, but when i opened it, tons of info. plus this video about John was in the link!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS2doz4nYk0
This episode focuses on the relationship between Jodi Huisentruit and John Vansice. Vansice was known to be one of Jodi's closest friends and was questioned in her disappearance but never named a suspect in the case. (11/2004)

Not getting my hopes up but I am glad to hear of developments in this case. It was one of the cases from 'Disappeared' that really stuck with me after watching. Would love nothing more than justice and finality for Jodi and her loved ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEjw8HgnKyI
[h=1]Cops Execute Search Warrant in 1995 Cold Case of Missing TV News Anchor[/h]
Published on Mar 20, 2018
It's been more than 20 years since local news anchor Jodi Huisentruit vanished without a trace, but there's been a new development in the case. Police executed a search warrant as part of the investigation into the disappearance of 27-year-old, who never showed up for her morning shift at KIMT-TV in Mason City, Iowa, on June 27, 1995. Although a body has never been found, she was declared dead in 2001. InsideEdition.com's Mara Montalbano

The more I look into this case the more I see a parallel with the Jacob Wetterling case: a person who appears guilty but might be someone else entirely. One should be careful in having a laser focus with the main POI. I think VanSice could very easily be seem at the same light as Dan Rassier who for years remained a POI in the Wetterling case and later was found to be blameless. It's possible VanSice has nothing to do with it despite what has been said here and despite how he looks given recent developments. I wonder if anyone has thought out of the box on this. Whoever it is, it's 22 years later and whoever it is is definitely middle-aged now or possibly even later. Some have indicated some possibilities but whoever it is has maintained a very low profile since. Someone knows something.

Although VanSice certainly is suspect, if he wanted to kill JH, why take her in the early a.m. hours? He had plenty of opportunities to lure her other places and ways.

The more I look into this case the more I see a parallel with the Jacob Wetterling case: a person who appears guilty but might be someone else entirely. One should be careful in having a laser focus with the main POI. I think VanSice could very easily be seem at the same light as Dan Rassier who for years remained a POI in the Wetterling case and later was found to be blameless. It's possible VanSice has nothing to do with it despite what has been said here and despite how he looks given recent developments. I wonder if anyone has thought out of the box on this. Whoever it is, it's 22 years later and whoever it is is definitely middle-aged now or possibly even later. Some have indicated some possibilities but whoever it is has maintained a very low profile since. Someone knows something.
I agree completely..

(In the Wetterling case, there was never any evidence pointing to Rassier; a confederacy of dunces turned him into a suspect.)

Can someone explain what they mean by GPS information on the cars? I don't understand what this means.
Did the police install GPS locators on the cars to see where he was going?
TIA

That was exactly who I thought of when I read about VanSice. Even the language Rassier and VanSice use in describing how the community has ostracized him is similar. I just don't think that VanSice, being so well-known to Jody and having ample opportunity to simply visit her at her home, would have need to attack her in a parking lot if he wanted to take her. She was over at his house the night before. Of course, anything is possible, and perhaps he knows something but is afraid of being implicated and so has kept quiet.

Can someone explain what they mean by GPS information on the cars? I don't understand what this means.
Did the police install GPS locators on the cars to see where he was going?
TIA

I’m not 100% on this, but I don’t think the police installed GPS tracking on JV’s cars. I think LE looked at the factory installed GPS or navigation systems on his cars.

Jodi Huisentruit, missing TV anchor, appears on Iowa billboards

Friends and family of Jodi Huisentruit are hoping a new billboard campaign will solve the mystery of the morning news anchor’s 1995 disappearance in Mason City, Iowa.

Four billboards featuring a photo of Huisentruit and the message “Somebody knows something …is it YOU?” are being installed around the city to mark her 50th birthday on June 5; the first one went up on Wednesday.

Human remains found in rural Mason City not Huisentruit

The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation said human remains found in rural Mason City last month are not those of Jodi Huisentruit.

According to a news release, the remains were found on May 20 in the 22,000 block of 275th Street. Cerro Gordo County Sheriff's Deputies and DCI agents collected the skeletal remains and took them to the Iowa State Medical Examiner's Office in Ankeny. Staff performed an autopsy May 23, but authorities are not yet releasing the results.

[...]

Human remains found in rural Mason City not Huisentruit

The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation said human remains found in rural Mason City last month are not those of Jodi Huisentruit.

According to a news release, the remains were found on May 20 in the 22,000 block of 275th Street. Cerro Gordo County Sheriff's Deputies and DCI agents collected the skeletal remains and took them to the Iowa State Medical Examiner's Office in Ankeny. Staff performed an autopsy May 23, but authorities are not yet releasing the results.

[...]
UID thread: IA - Ia - Cerro Gordo Co, Whtfem, 20-45, Deceased 5-15 Yrs, Fnd In Mason City, May 2018

4 Billboards Seek Answers On Missing TV Anchor From Minnesota
img_2194-1527772522-9953.jpg

A new billboard campaign — reminiscent of the one depicted in the 2017 Oscar-winning film, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri — seeks clues in Jodi Huisentruit's unsolved disappearance in Mason City, Iowa

Another name that has come up in the past but received very little coverage is William "Billy" Pruin. He was found dead from a gunshot wound in his house in the months prior to Jodi's disappearance. Originally ruled a suicide, there may have circumstances that make that ruling suspicious. That is, his front door was not closed or locked and his keys were still in the lock. Some also question the entry wound - i.e., in his back and not the front? Pruin was a friend or acquaintance of Jodi's and she may have been looking into the case.

Billy Pruin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members