IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I really hope he's right!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From what I've read JV moved to Arizona and has lived there for some time. I read an article in the media a year or so ago stating JV was working in loss prevention for a grocery chain. Apparently he was involved in a serious scuffle with a shoplifter and the shoplifter died from his injuries two days later.

I agree that was a brutal interview. Last I heard Amy was a selling cars at a local car dealership.
I still think Tony Jackson is a much better suspect than VanSice . . . but of course we know where Tony Jackson is.

I still think Tony Jackson is a much better suspect than VanSice . . . but of course we know where Tony Jackson is.

IMO both JV and TJ are viable suspects. I think JV is a better suspect than TJ, but I have a couple other suspects too. There's so many odd things, twists, coincidences and unknowns that don't add up. There's way more to it than what we know. I won't be shocked if someday we learn that her social circle or "night life" didn't play a bigger role in this. Young or old nothing good ever comes from hanging out in bars & drinking on a regular basis. JMO

TJ seems like a strong suspect, due to his location, his history, the rap lyric, and people spotting him driving without headlights so early in the mornings.

JV also seems odd because didn't he know she was missing before anyone else? He seems like a man that had a strong fascination with Jodi,who might not have felt the same way about him.

And the coworker, AK, has always seemed off to me. It's possible Jodi was very moody and not so nice, and had bullied AK, leaving her with bad memories of her. Or perhaps she was just jealous of jodis success. But it's obvious there were negative feelings between them. Even years later, AK seems bitter.

was it normal for her to call Jodi when she was late? It seems Jodi was often late, and people covered for her by not telling the boss? Did police ever check jodis work history with phone records from the station to hers"

Is it normal for employees to call police when an employee doesn't show? I would assume she was sick or fell asleep or maybe even had a wreck?

TJ seems like a strong suspect, due to his location, his history, the rap lyric, and people spotting him driving without headlights so early in the mornings.

JV also seems odd because didn't he know she was missing before anyone else? He seems like a man that had a strong fascination with Jodi,who might not have felt the same way about him.

And the coworker, AK, has always seemed off to me. It's possible Jodi was very moody and not so nice, and had bullied AK, leaving her with bad memories of her. Or perhaps she was just jealous of jodis success. But it's obvious there were negative feelings between them. Even years later, AK seems bitter.

was it normal for her to call Jodi when she was late? It seems Jodi was often late, and people covered for her by not telling the boss? Did police ever check jodis work history with phone records from the station to hers"

Is it normal for employees to call police when an employee doesn't show? I would assume she was sick or fell asleep or maybe even had a wreck?
Those are some good questions. I think that the employer only called police because Jodi had talked with AK that morning and said that she was on her way in. Her co-workers may have been concerned that she'd been in an accident.
Maybe someone from the station (like the station manager or owner) stopped by the apartment and discovered the crime scene but didn't want to get involved as a witness but instead drove back to the station and called in a welfare check. The same person could have touched base with VanSice, which would explain why he knew about her disappearance so early (if he actually did know).

I check up on this case periodically. When I think of the Jennifer Kesse case Jodi's case comes to mind. (While we don't know how or when Jennifer Kesse was abducted, one of the theories is identical to Jodi's.)

This case needs to be solved. It's been too long.

I still feel as though JV is the most likely suspect for this. A 50 year old man obsessed with a young, talented woman. Bought her presents, threw her a birthday party, took her skiing, water skiing, even named a boat after her.

i read there had been a run in with him and billy pruinn over Jodi, and he ended up dead. Did anyone get an alibi for where jv was when pruinn died?

he invites her over to watching the birthday video, after she tells people at the golf tournament she's going home to sleep. Wasn't a man pounding on her door that's night as well?

Did she ever make it back home that night? AK claims she called jodi, but what if AK didn't, and was letting Jodi be busted by the boss? could the crime scene have been staged?

jodi was a young woman with many goals and ambition. It was highly unlikely she was going to stick around that area forever or get tied down to anyone.

Perhaps jodi rejected JV as anything more than a friend and in a rage he either killed her intentionally, or accidentally. Could he have read her journal and felt jilted?

it wouldn't surprise me if he actually stalked her apartment and entered and went through her stuff when she was out.

I still feel as though JV is the most likely suspect for this. A 50 year old man obsessed with a young, talented woman. Bought her presents, threw her a birthday party, took her skiing, water skiing, even named a boat after her.

i read there had been a run in with him and billy pruinn over Jodi, and he ended up dead. Did anyone get an alibi for where jv was when pruinn died?

he invites her over to watching the birthday video, after she tells people at the golf tournament she's going home to sleep. Wasn't a man pounding on her door that's night as well?

Did she ever make it back home that night? AK claims she called jodi, but what if AK didn't, and was letting Jodi be busted by the boss? could the crime scene have been staged?

jodi was a young woman with many goals and ambition. It was highly unlikely she was going to stick around that area forever or get tied down to anyone.

Perhaps jodi rejected JV as anything more than a friend and in a rage he either killed her intentionally, or accidentally. Could he have read her journal and felt jilted?

it wouldn't surprise me if he actually stalked her apartment and entered and went through her stuff when she was out.
I can't rule out JV in any scientific way, and I agree that JV probably had unrequited feelings for Jodi, but I don't think he's good for her disappearance. For one thing, I've seen at least one interview with him, and I don't think he was being insincere about his affection for Jodi. For another thing, Jodi was being stalked, and unless he had a secret vehicle that no one knew about, it wasn't by VanSice. Moreover, I don't think VanSice had the opportunity to get rid of Jodi's remains; he was under too much scrutiny too soon. Finally, Tony Jackson, who later went to prison for rape, had sought Jodi out at a bar not long before her disappearance and later wrote an eerie rap song that seemed to be about her.
The one thing that doesn't fit JV or TJ is the palm print on Jodi's car. If that print was left by her abductor (rather than by a random person who touched her car in a parking lot), then she was abducted by someone who is not on LE's radar.

Re: palm print

I've occasionally followed JH updates and comments on various sites. There is sort of a back-burner suspicion of JV, but It doesn't seem JV's style to abduct J in the a.m. hours from her place, especially violently enough to scatter her belongings. Seems like he would have had a more sophisticated plan, perhaps enticing J to go some place. I'm leaning toward the abductor as someone about which LE has no idea.

http://www.kare11.com/mobile/articl...-brings-new-hope-of-finding-jodi/89-525061809

( Sent from KARE 11 )

Local radio host turned podcaster brings new hope of finding Jodi

AUSTIN, Minn. – A local radio host is helping to shed new light on the mystery surrounding the disappearance of Jodi Huisentruit.

And he's doing it by turning the dial to a different medium: podcasts.

More at link

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

http://globegazette.com/news/local/jodi-s-journal/article_1373dfc2-1ced-5586-bca7-525a83d0e007.html
By BOB LINK, bob.link@globegazette.com
Jun 22, 2008
attachment.php

Sunday, June 11, 1995

“What a weekend, Surprise.

“My Mason City/Clear Lake friends thru a big party for me! At a lounge, wild.

It was in Clear Lake. They had a 16 gal keg — huge cake (with a skier) so much left.

“John Vansice grilled 150 pork burgers, we were dancing on tables … dancing everywhere … Everyone had a ball.

“Video camera was rolling, cameras were clicking — oh what fun!

“Life is so good. The party made me feel so good.”

Tuesday, June 13, 1995

“Last night John, … and I went to the Glen Miller Orchestra in Belmond. I have so many great viewers. People are so kind. This nice weather has me wild. I bought a new Mazda Miata, simply love it.”

Sunday, June 25, 1995

“Got home from a weekend road trip to Iowa City — oh we had fun! It was wild, partying and water skiing.

“We skied at the Coralville Res. I’m improving on the skis — hips up, lean, etc.

“John’s son Trent gave me some great ski tip advice.

“Today, Sunday, it was raining in Mason City so didn’t get any skiing in. I love it, it’s addicting.

“Great friends but professionally, I’m fed up. It’s difficult finding a new job and I’m confused about agent and what to do.”

Two days later, Tuesday, June 27, 1995, Huisentruit left for work early in the morning but never arrived.

She has been missing since that day.

Attachments

• bfe3007f-337e-57b7-956e-264d0e5620f4.image.jpg
    bfe3007f-337e-57b7-956e-264d0e5620f4.image.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 200

Did JV move to AZ because Jody was planning to market herself for that area? He had a weird and creepy obsession with her. It most likely continued after her disappearance.

She continued, “I’m starting fresh at work this week — getting up at 3 a.m. — best newscast in the world — top 10 market — I really think I’ll market myself for AZ. — see what they think about my accent. Or I’ll move down there to produce.”

I hope this pans out and they find her. Such a beautiful, young woman in the prime of her life.

It’s been so long. I really hope her sister, family and friends finally get closure and justice is served.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting they are looking at gps data from cars made after jodi disappeared?

Could it be looking at data on her anniversary, for example?

Police in Mason City, Iowa, received a search warrant a year ago on an individual deemed a person of interest in the disappearance of Minnesota native and TV news anchor Jodi Huisentruit in June 1995.

Court records show police executed the search warrant looking for GPS information on a pair of cars connected to John Vansice, a friend of Huisentruit's and the last person to see her alive.

The warrant was sealed, meaning no other details are available.

http://kstp.com/news/mason-city-iow...appearance-of-jodi-huisentruit/4832086/?cat=1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member