IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This video covers most of that information.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mqjHg65V5GU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks!

This video covers most of that information.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mqjHg65V5GU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks for posting,hope everything is looked at again.
[video=youtube;mqjHg65V5GU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqjHg65V5GU[/video]

so in this court of appeals document against Tony Dejuan Jackson for a violent armed rape he was convicted on with DNA and fingerprints, this is printed:
"Jackson was driving at 3:30 a.m. on May 19, 1997, with his headlights off when the police stopped him."

A witness saw a car speeding out of the apartment complex parking lot with their headlights off at the time Jodi went missing. Didn't she go missing like at 4:30am?
Why isn't police jumping on this?

I wonder if they could match his car make and model from the arrest of the proven incident to the eyewitness who said they saw the car speeding out of the parking lot without the lights on.
the police already have the one man saying he was drinking with Tony at a bar Jodi frequented.

so in this court of appeals document against Tony Dejuan Jackson for a violent armed rape he was convicted on with DNA and fingerprints, this is printed:
"Jackson was driving at 3:30 a.m. on May 19, 1997, with his headlights off when the police stopped him."

A witness saw a car speeding out of the apartment complex parking lot with their headlights off at the time Jodi went missing. Didn't she go missing like at 4:30am?
Why isn't police jumping on this?

Several years ago I read that TJ was looked at or investigated regarding JH and he was cleared. I can't remember the details, but I remember thinking that it didn't sound like they dug very deep intoTJ. When I have time I'm going to search for what I read. Maybe the MCPD put road blocks up and the investigation came to a dead end without their cooperation.

Good point and when TJ was questioned if he knew JH he said he didn't and his bar buddy and others said he did. They have a partial hand print from JH car.....I wonder if they ever checked TJ for a match on the print.

I'm born and raised in Mason City, still live here, and I have never heard about Tony Jackson. I'm curious, I might have to ask about that.

I remember when Jodi disappeared, I was five and it was all anybody talked about. We even put yellow ribbons on the fence at my elementary school. And then like 20 years later I found out she disappeared from the apartments across the street from my childhood church. Freaked me out!

I've never forgotten Jodi, her name was a constant in my early childhood.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I'm born and raised in Mason City, still live here, and I have never heard about Tony Jackson. I'm curious, I might have to ask about that.

I remember when Jodi disappeared, I was five and it was all anybody talked about. We even put yellow ribbons on the fence at my elementary school. And then like 20 years later I found out she disappeared from the apartments across the street from my childhood church. Freaked me out!

I've never forgotten Jodi, her name was a constant in my early childhood.

Welcome to Websleuths! :welcome:

Does anyone know anything about a lead involving a golf trophy?

http://www.findjodi.com/have-you-seen-a-golf-trophy-like-this-one/
[h=1]Have you seen a golf trophy like this one?[/h]
By Josh Benson @wflajosh · On February 9, 2017
We are hoping someone played in that event that day and perhaps remembers, or actually won a trophy when they were handed out. We&#8217;re hoping it looked similar to this sketch.

If you have any information about the golf tournament, images, if you remember the trophy, or in fact have an image of the trophy, please contact us here. You may remain anonymous.
It is very important that we gather information about that golf tournament and hopefully, insight of what the trophies given out that day looked like.
attachment.php

Attachments

• mason-city-trophy-620x479.jpg
    mason-city-trophy-620x479.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 351
I have seen many trophies (not like this specific one, though) in thrift shops, and at garage sales and estate sales. These possibilities should be considered, as well as attics, basements, storage buildings, and anywhere else that old trophies may be stored--given the length of time that has passed since 1995.
Some trophies are also repurposed by others than the original owners.

Excuse my ignorance but what's the importance of this trophy in relation to Jodi? TiA

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Excuse my ignorance but what's the importance of this trophy in relation to Jodi? TiA

No idea, just going by the JH site where they state that a new lead is being followed and it has something to do with the golf trophy.
Considering that many perps take a trophy from the victim, maybe in this case the " trophy " is an actual trophy.
Wondering if Jodi is missing one, and even wondering if a woman could be involved in the abduction?

speculation, imo.

I was just browsing findjodi.com and came across an interesting interview with Amy Kuns from around 2011. In my opinion, her resentment for Jodi is pretty evident in her answers and I am very surprised by some of the things she says.

Apologise if this has been looked at before, I just found it interesting.

http://www.findjodi.com/interview-with-amy-kuns/

I was just browsing findjodi.com and came across an interesting interview with Amy Kuns from around 2011. In my opinion, her resentment for Jodi is pretty evident in her answers and I am very surprised by some of the things she says.

Apologise if this has been looked at before, I just found it interesting.

http://www.findjodi.com/interview-with-amy-kuns/

Edited from an earlier, more rambling reply:

I think some of Amy's answers are surprising only because we tend to hear nothing but how wonderful and vibrant and lovable and full of life Jodi was. We never hear anything critical. Amy seems to be the only coworker who is willing to paint a less-than-flattering picture of Jodi, and she has consistently done so from the beginning. She's also admitted being envious of Jodi's anchor position - a position she herself was given after Jodi disappeared. And because of this, some have pointed an accusatory finger at Amy, which I find absurd.

While other coworkers have not been so critical of Jodi, neither have any of them ever contradicted what Amy has said. She admits she was on the receiving end of most of Jodi's mood swings ("she would often snap at me") and maybe that's why she does not feel quite so obligated to portray her as a saint. I believe she is being honest, perhaps more honest than the rest.

It's certainly ridiculous to me, as a citizen of MC. I've seen Amy hold back tears when talking about Jodi. Wet eyes, not fake like Diane Downs. She's innocent in the disappearance.

It's certainly ridiculous to me, as a citizen of MC. I've seen Amy hold back tears when talking about Jodi. Wet eyes, not fake like Diane Downs. She's innocent in the disappearance.

Agreed in full. The fall-out after the disappearance could not have been easy for any of the coworkers. Having had a somewhat acrimonious relationship with Jodi would have made it even more difficult for Amy to process and deal with. It's especially disappointing to read the foolish comments that follow the article, though not surprising. I see the same sentiments on every discussion relating to Amy. None of her accusers has a plausible theory, let alone a shred of evidence.

Also, the theory that Jody was about to "blow the lid off" some major meth scheme involving police officers is ridiculous. Jodi's former coworkers have dismissed the possibility that she could have done any such thing. She was a news anchor - at that time she did absolutely no investigative reporting at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaltPetals