IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering creating a video tutorial showing how I make these diagrams. Would that be particularly useful? I'm hoping that we can start seeing more diagrams for more cases (not necessarily my layout - I don't think it's the best by a long shot), and I'm thinking that a video may kickstart the process.
Actually, I think the way you do this is quite excellent.

Interesting MCPD settled with her for $95,000, which is likely close to their deductible. So were they force to settle by insurance or did they settle because they were afraid of some sort of damaging disclosure? Fired officer, Mason City, settle federal lawsuit for $95,000
Have any of the surviving family members ever met with miss Ohl? It would be good if they compared notes and either agreed or disagreed on some things.

Was reading this page (An interview with Steve Ridge • Find Jodi Huisentruit) and came across this (An interview with Steve Ridge • Find Jodi Huisentruit) comment:
The killer of Jodi Sue Huisentruit of Mason City Iowa and Julie Ann Holmquist of Hallock, Minnesota is

Keith Dwayne Nelson
Federal Inmate: 07440-031
USP Terre Haute
U.S. Penitentiary
P.O. Box 33
Terre Haute, Indiana 47808

Use this address for in person visits.

USP Terre Haute
U.S. Penitentiary
4700 Bureau Road South
Terre Haute, Indiana 47802

Phone: 812-244-4400
Fax: 812-244-4791

Mid-1980’s Ford Econoline van has been recovered.

City Of Kansas City, Missouri
KCMO Vehicle Impound Facility
7750 East Front Street
Kansas City, Missouri 64120
816-513-0670

Latent fingerprints of Adult Female – Jodi Sue Huisentruit
Latent fingerprints of 16 year old girl – Julie Ann Holmquist

Clothing of both murder victims were recovered from van.
Rings belonging to both victims were also recovered from van.

Kansas City Missouri Police Department
Homicide Unit – Seventh Floor
Captain Keith Kirchloff, Commander
1125 Locust Street
Kansas City, Missouri 64106
816-234-5111
Administrative
816-234-5000
keith.kirchloff@kcpd.org

They recovered the white Ford Econoline van during the murder investigation of Pamela Irene Butler in 1999. The van has brand new tires on all four wheels bought in Hallock, Minnesota.
Latent partial palm print of his left hand was recovered from Jodi’s red Mazda Miata.
Jodi’s pant suit was recovered in the van registered to Keith Dwayne Nelson of Kansas City, Kansas. Gold ring with diamonds was recovered by Kansas City, Missouri Homicide Division.

I did a preliminary search and it appears he has done some very similar things in 1999 (FindLaw's United States Eighth Circuit case and opinions.):
Just three days later Michanne Mattson was attacked outside of her apartment building.   Mattson was driving home from a friend's house in the early morning when she passed a white pickup truck parked alongside the road.   After she passed the truck, it followed her for some distance into the parking lot of her apartment complex.   She exited her vehicle and noticed that a man had exited the white truck.   As she approached the door to her apartment building, the same man, whom she later identified as Nelson, confronted her on the sidewalk in a well lit area in front of her building.   After a brief exchange, Mattson turned to go into the building, and Nelson rushed up behind her, grabbed her, and placed an eight-inch knife to her throat.   He forced a handcuff onto Mattson's left wrist and dragged her through the parking lot toward his vehicle, exclaiming that she had better shut up and that he was going to kill her.   Mattson continued to struggle, eventually escaping Nelson's grasp and calling for help.   Nelson ran back to his truck and drove away.
(Also found this Nelson v. United States, No. 15-3160 (8th Cir. 2018))

Thoughts?

Was reading this page (An interview with Steve Ridge • Find Jodi Huisentruit) and came across this (An interview with Steve Ridge • Find Jodi Huisentruit) comment:

I did a preliminary search and it appears he has done some very similar things in 1999 (FindLaw's United States Eighth Circuit case and opinions.):

Thoughts?

Kansas mom loses another daughter to murder 18 years later | Daily Mail Online

speaking of Pamela Butler, her older sister who witnessed Pamela being abducted has now been murdered, too. Their poor mother!

Thoughts?
From link, thanks..
3F8C705100000578-4438952-Butler_s_killer_Keith_Nelson_seen_in_an_undated_photo_above_was_-a-15_1493017938466.jpg

Butler's killer, Keith Nelson (seen in an undated photo above), was convicted and sentenced to death. He is still on death row awaiting execution

Honestly looks evil.
Do you think it could have had anything to do with the case as the commentator (?) suggested?

I had never heard his named mentioned before in Jodi's case. Who knows if he was involved? I certainly hope LE tracked down the commentator and interviewed him as to where he obtained his information and how reliable it is.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE FROM TRICIA:

Hey Friends,

This is very important. Please listen to my latest podcast, Websleuths Radio Podcast.

You can find it on Apple here and on Spotify here.
Or anywhere you can find true crime podcasts.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to Websleuths and our podcast for you to listen and ask your friends to listen as well. If Websleuths is going to continue (forum and podcast) we need you to listen to Websleuths Radio Podcast.

We need you to listen, ask your friends to listen and ask their friends to listen. Please get the word out. There is a new podcast in town and it is one you do not want to miss.

This week Heather Robinson Ramos. As a baby, Heather's mom was killed by serial killer John Robinson. Robinson then "adopted" baby Heather to his brother and his wife.

Also, please listen to the new podcast called Detective Trapp. To help Websleuths check out a little taste of this podcast.
Detective Trapp on Apple Podcasts

Thank you to everyone.

Tricia
Owner, Websleuths

I had never heard his named mentioned before in Jodi's case. Who knows if he was involved? I certainly hope LE tracked down the commentator and interviewed him as to where he obtained his information and how reliable it is.
I have never heard that they found clothing or anything of Jodi's. Wouldn't this have made the news if it were fact?

Last edited:
I do too, but I doubt it. I find it quite frustrating that the police are being extremely tight-lipped, even after ~25 years of no results. Is there any way at all that we could be check if they have been interviewed (some sort of records or something)?

I have never heard that they found clothing or anything of Jodi's. Wouldn't this have made the news if it were fact?
One website is even claiming that it was his palm print on Jodi's car. All of this seems very doubtful.
As above we don't know for sure, but it doesn't seem to be a hoax - it seems to be quite well written (then again you never know). Perhaps the police don't want to "reveal their cards" and thus aren't talking about certain clues they may have.

The fact that they haven't even named a single suspect makes me quite certain they are holding back some or a lot of information (or they have been extremely fruitless in their search for whatever reason), regardless of if the tip being discussed is true or not. Regardless, I am sure there is more to the story than we are being told (for better or worse).

As a side question, do you think the police should be more cooperative with amateur detectives (if even the cold-cases (5+ years) and with established people only, such as the Mods in WS's case and other well-known online investigators in general)? I think it may further many cases as the police just don't have enough funding or manpower to solve all of the cases they get.

Within 18 months after being named Chief of Police in Mason City, Chief Jeff Brinkley started looking for another job. This is telling, and I think it has something to do with him inheriting and then blindly defending the mess that he inherited.

West Des Moines expected to name new police chief (October 23, 2017)

Kooiker: Disappearance of Huisentruit remains troubling (December 28, 2016)
See quote in article by an Iowa State Representative - Chief Jeff Brinkley was unavailable at the time so I visited with Lt. Logan Wernet, who conveyed my concerns to Chief Brinkley. Chief Brinkley did not call me back.

Great chart! John Van Sice's former girlfriend was interviewed in the 48 hours episode last year. Perhaps she should be added to the right hand column.

Sorry, been quite busy for the previous few days. Here's the updated version, though still incomplete.
0amo0ngvhxz31.png

I really appreciate all of the feedback and thanks I have been getting, so thank you all!

Edit: One quick question - should I name the officers implicated by Maria Ohl or would that be considered a violation of their privacy?

If I understand correctly, DH buried his 5 victims at two sites off a pair of rural roads running parallel north/south, a mile or so apart (Killdeer Ave. and Lark Ave., I believe), just west of Mason City and south of the large law enforcement center located just off the main drag, highway 18. So, he didn't go far, just a matter of a few miles from Mason City.

Are Jodi's remains buried there?.......
This week, a judge blocked the 5 federal executions. DH was one of the 5. Without the death penalty looming over him, DH has no reason to talk about Jodi Huisentruit or any other unsolved cases. It has been suggested, online, that a jealous woman could have done this. Is it possible that AJ was a jealous girlfriend possibly acting on her own?

I found out those areas had been gone over with GPR. That's how they found the victims. If you google Lori Duncan Found Dead, look at Sioux City Journal October 1, 2004. If Honken did kill Jodi H, she could be buried close to those areas. That would be too big of an area to cover with GPR.
After writing this post, I have since learned that a large area can be searched by aerial GPR. If you Google XYHT GPR on a drone, it explains this. I would start with that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay