DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot recall reading this..
Interview with Amy Kuns • Find Jodi Huisentruit
March 14, 2011
Q: Do you think drugs were involved in this case?
A: Jodi had been really up and down before her disappearance. She would fall asleep in edit bays…and later in the day be really perky. I wondered what was going on with her. I would not be surprised if drugs were involved.

Q: Did Jodi butt heads with anyone at the station? What was her working demeanor? Was she always polite, or frustrated, irritated, happy and patient?
A: I was Jodi’s assistant. She was very demanding. She would often snap at me. Then she would turn around and clap…stand up at her desk and proclaim…”I love life!” I could never figure her out.

This is interesting. Read this link from 2015 and note the statement from MCPD that they never overlook any leads, including psychic leads: Case remains open 20 years after Jodi Huisentruit disappeared - Radio Iowa

And then read the 2016 story of a State representative's experience with real, non-psychic leads that are being ignored by MCPD. Kooiker: Disappearance of Huisentruit remains troubling

And then check this article out that posted this week. Mason City revises psychic ordinance with long history.

If the MCPD would have put as much energy into this case as they are doing undoing a silly psychic ordinance, this case would have been solved by now. And nothing will change until the Media becomes angered by the inaction and starts pressuring MCPD to come clean about how it's handled this case.
This, I can only speculate on, but I assume that certain leads were easier to follow than others. It shouldn't be that way, but sadly their budgets aren't infinite.

Also, NOT including any statements by former MCPD officers, does anyone still see it possible that Jodi's abductor also killed Gerald Best?
Actually I've not heard of that case. Any good articles you could recommend?

This, I can only speculate on, but I assume that certain leads were easier to follow than others. It shouldn't be that way, but sadly their budgets aren't infinite.

Somehow I sent a previous blank reply. Wanted to say Google Gerald Best and several articles come up. Notice what his brother says may be in Gerald's apartment. That may be a clue which could coincide with the Huisentruit case. I wonder if Gerald Best ever met Jodi? Did he find out something about her abduction 4 years later as some articles suggest.? If so, how did he get his information?

Cannot recall reading this..
Interview with Amy Kuns • Find Jodi Huisentruit
March 14, 2011
Q: Do you think drugs were involved in this case?
A: Jodi had been really up and down before her disappearance. She would fall asleep in edit bays…and later in the day be really perky. I wondered what was going on with her. I would not be surprised if drugs were involved.

Q: Did Jodi butt heads with anyone at the station? What was her working demeanor? Was she always polite, or frustrated, irritated, happy and patient?
A: I was Jodi’s assistant. She was very demanding. She would often snap at me. Then she would turn around and clap…stand up at her desk and proclaim…”I love life!” I could never figure her out.

Interesting , as she insinuating that this could have led Jodi into dodgy company?

Sorry, been quite busy for the previous few days. Here's the updated version, though still incomplete.
0amo0ngvhxz31.png

I really appreciate all of the feedback and thanks I have been getting, so thank you all!
Edit: One quick question - should I name the officers implicated by Maria Ohl or would that be considered a violation of their privacy?

Sorry, been quite busy for the previous few days. Here's the updated version, though still incomplete.
0amo0ngvhxz31.png

I really appreciate all of the feedback and thanks I have been getting, so thank you all!
Edit: One quick question - should I name the officers implicated by Maria Ohl or would that be considered a violation of their privacy?
I'm not sure on that. They weren't proven wrong of anything. I would list them as investigative officers. One of them has a new job working for Mason City. I'll look up his new title.

I would list them as investigative officers.
Are they though? I don't think I'd do that anyway - why shouldn't they be potential suspects or at least Persons of Interest? Just because they are/were officers/DCIs it doesn't mean that should be automatically excluded as potential suspects. And a police cover-up has been long-suspected (with some saying that the Chief's Wife may have sent the letter in order to "re-light the fire" under the cold case).

They weren't proven wrong of anything.
Nor have any other of the suspects I have listed.

As a side note, I'm wondering why she implicated them. Do you think she had something against them or that there could be some (or a lot) of truth behind it? I'm leaning towards the latter, since she apparently hasn't recanted despite losing her job, and seems to stand by it still. Also, I'm surprised they (apparently) haven't sued her at all (libel, or something)?

I might do a bit of research on them and see if that turns up anything first.

Are they though? I don't think I'd do that anyway - why shouldn't they be potential suspects or at least Persons of Interest? Just because they are/were officers/DCIs it doesn't mean that should be automatically excluded as potential suspects. And a police cover-up has been long-suspected (with some saying that the Chief's Wife may have sent the letter in order to "re-light the fire" under the cold case).

Nor have any other of the suspects I have listed.

As a side note, I'm wondering why she implicated them. Do you think she had something against them or that there could be some (or a lot) of truth behind it? I'm leaning towards the latter, since she apparently hasn't recanted despite losing her job, and seems to stand by it still. Also, I'm surprised they (apparently) haven't sued her at all (libel, or something)?

I might do a bit of research on them and see if that turns up anything first.
Good points.

Hmm, would an NDA suspicious (seems so to me) or can it be explained by the fact that they don't want her to be spreading false allegations? I expect it's both. Although if she did really have proof then an NDA probably wouldn't have stopped her - or could/would it prevent her information from being used in court?

Hmm, would an NDA suspicious (seems so to me) or can it be explained by the fact that they don't want her to be spreading false allegations? I expect it's both. Although if she did really have proof then an NDA probably wouldn't have stopped her - or could/would it prevent her information from being used in court?

It’s one of the many things surrounding this case that we don’t have clear information on. Around and around we go.....:(

I'm considering creating a video tutorial showing how I make these diagrams. Would that be particularly useful? I'm hoping that we can start seeing more diagrams for more cases (not necessarily my layout - I don't think it's the best by a long shot), and I'm thinking that a video may kickstart the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop