IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

This is really a shame to distract from the true facts about this case.
On the other hand, I could see wanting to do SOMEthing to shake out some critical info that would lead to answers. And I am a bit embarrassed to say I would be OK with someone coming forward with info only to find out there was not a huge reward. People should just be doing the right thing in this and countless other cases where someone knows something but isn’t telling. Anyone who is waiting for a hefty reward for coming clean is not someone I would feel sorry for if they were duped into spilling the beans.

Rbbm.
"According to Ridge, Vansice is coming back to possibly consider legal action, saying he could file a libel suit against a former friend who he says has been feeding police false information for years

“I’ve gone out on a limb and predicted that somebody will, in fact, be arrested and charged. Whether they will be tried and convicted is a whole other question,” said Ridge.

He predicts an arrest could come on the 25th anniversary of Huisentruit’s disappearance, which would be June 27th, 2020"

JV moving to Iowa about 19 months after LE issued a warrant for GPS data on his vehicles. Isn't that interesting. Could it be LE suspects JV has been visiting JH's grave? Could it also be JV is jonesing because he hasn't been able to visit JH's grave for a year and a half out of fear of being tracked? Maybe he wants to move closer to the grave. Obviously, this is rampant speculation on my part, but he's never been cleared and had that 90 minute window.

Over the years I just keep coming back to JV despite many other plausible theories. He could be an affable, innocent guy, but these reported statements he makes. The morning of JH's disappearance he blurts out, "I'm the last person to see her alive". What? It's an abduction. Telling a reporter he passed a polygraph test with flying colors, and "he and his friends are having a kegger to celebrate". Again, What?

As for his relationship with Jodi, he goes from showering her with gifts and constant attention to hardly a word about her. Fair or not it just seems he should've been more geared toward finding her as a self described 'protective father' figure.

I hope JV does launch a libel suit. The deposition could be valuable.

JV moving to Iowa about 19 months after LE issued a warrant for GPS data on his vehicles. Isn't that interesting. Could it be LE suspects JV has been visiting JH's grave? Could it also be JV is jonesing because he hasn't been able to visit JH's grave for a year and a half out of fear of being tracked? Maybe he wants to move closer to the grave. Obviously, this is rampant speculation on my part, but he's never been cleared and had that 90 minute window.

Over the years I just keep coming back to JV despite many other plausible theories. He could be an affable, innocent guy, but these reported statements he makes. The morning of JH's disappearance he blurts out, "I'm the last person to see her alive". What? It's an abduction. Telling a reporter he passed a polygraph test with flying colors, and "he and his friends are having a kegger to celebrate". Again, What?

As for his relationship with Jodi, he goes from showering her with gifts and constant attention to hardly a word about her. Fair or not it just seems he should've been more geared toward finding her as a self described 'protective father' figure.

Nice post. As to that 90 minute window, no need to have disposed of body during that window. Could have been done later. Hypothetically, of course.

<modsnip - without a link to MSM these statements are rumor>

Last edited by a moderator:

If they have gps data , how accurate is it ? Down to a couple of feet for example?

sorry I don't know how to multi quote then reply.

Top part is comment by Wisdom, referring to witness account in Dead Air
bottom part is comment/reaction to Wisdom by itsrak

"Yes he was spotted in the lot at various times by several people. I believe the book also mentioned a witness that spotted a van in the lot with two guys in it <modsnip>. Let’s just say it’s very possible one of those guys in that van was related to a KIMT employee at the time."

"Wow. This case is crazy."
In regards to that van, a man reported seeing it in the apartment parking lot that morning. He said he thought it may have been a police vehicle. This seems very odd to me because the vehicle apparently had no police insignias on it. Also, at the time he claims to have seen it, no crime had been reported yet. So why did that man say he thought it may have been a police vehicle? At that time, 4:30 a.m., there was nothing to support any implication of a police presence in that area.

I don't remember him ever saying that he thought it was a police vehicle. I know the police didn't really believe him, and had him take a lie detector test to determine if that is really what he saw. He explains at 3:00 on this video.

I don't remember him ever saying that he thought it was a police vehicle. I know the police didn't really believe him, and had him take a lie detector test to determine if that is really what he saw. He explains at 3:00 on this video.
If you Google Jodi Huisentruit 5 facts you need to know. It tells about the police vehicle theory.

If you Google Jodi Huisentruit 5 facts you need to know. It tells about the police vehicle theory.
Jan 8, 2018
rbbm.
Jodi Huisentruit: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
"According to Find Jodi, the evidence at the scene indicates that Jodi fought her attacker. “The key was bent in the lock. The blood evidence at the scene indicates Jodi was injured and fighting for her life,” the site described.

“In an apparent effort to fend off her attacker Jodi drops a pair of red dress shoes, her purse, a hair dryer, a bottle of hair spray, car keys and earrings. Part of the evidence at the scene was a palm print. Police also recovered other evidence at the scene. There were drag marks on the pavement. The dumpster was searched as was the parking lot and park nearby.”

There was a witness who said he saw a strange vehicle. It’s one of the few clues in the case that are publicly known. Randy Linderman said he “was driving to work about 4:30 a.m. and noticed a light colored van sitting in the parking lot as he went by. It caught his attention because the parking lights were on,” the site reports. “He slowed down figuring the vehicle was a police officer. The van he claimed to had seen has never been found. Three neighbors heard screams around 4:30 a.m. but didn’t call the police.”

There was no blood at the scene. Try to be a little accurate when you post. Police have confirmed that!

Attachments

• May 4, 2015 Iowa State House Jodi Huisentruit Letter-page-0.jpg
    May 4, 2015 Iowa State House Jodi Huisentruit Letter-page-0.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 15
  • May 4, 2015 Iowa State House Jodi Huisentruit Letter-page-1.jpg
    May 4, 2015 Iowa State House Jodi Huisentruit Letter-page-1.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 12
  • May 4, 2015 Iowa State House Jodi Huisentruit Letter-page-2.jpg
    May 4, 2015 Iowa State House Jodi Huisentruit Letter-page-2.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 12
  • May 4, 2015 Iowa State House Jodi Huisentruit Letter-page-3.jpg
    May 4, 2015 Iowa State House Jodi Huisentruit Letter-page-3.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 11
John Van Sice is a "useful" suspect for a police department which has a documented history of mishandling leads (see: Jodi Huisentruit). John VS has no stalking history, and no he didn't have her name emblazoned on his boat. https://www.findjodi.com/an-interview-with-steve-ridge/.

However, JV did name his boat after her. This is a statement made by Robin, a KIMT anchor and friend of Jodi's.

Robin Wolfram: I truly believe that he had very strong and deep feelings for Jodi.

And something he told her back then sent chills down her spine.

JOHN VANSICE TO KIMT [1995]: I have named my boat after her, because just -- just because she's Jodi … you can't help but love that woman; you can't help but love her.

Robin Wolfram: When he said I named my boat after her, that's when I said, "Ugh, that's an obsession." … I remember holding on to the microphone and just feeling so ill at ease and thinking to myself, "I think he might've done it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli