IA IA - Johnny Gosch, 12, W Des Moines, 5 Sept 1982 - What happened? - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
mjak said:
Richard, I blew the picture up and keep looking at it and I think the boy in the left of the picture, not the boy thought to be Johnny Grosch, has a flexicuff
bounding his hands, while the other boys hands are bound with some type of white fabric. what do you think?

mjak
Mjak,
Will you tell me how you enlarged the picture or what software you are using? When I tried it turned into a blurry mess. Thanks!

Is there the possibility that these photos have been in Noreen's possession since 1982, or earlier?

inquiringmindz said:
Mjak,
Will you tell me how you enlarged the picture or what software you are using? When I tried it turned into a blurry mess. Thanks!

I have HP Image zone software.
-mjak

inquiringmindz said:
I wish I could have seen the broadcast. Do you think they will rerun later tonight? There isn't a thing about it on their website.
Hi inquiringmindz!

I would think they would show at least a clip or two, but who knows. When watching the interview, I thought what I always do - that she looks like she has been through hell in her lifetime. I also felt when watching her interview that she didn't appear "nuts", if that makes sense.

snarkymalarkey said:
whats the difference between those and zipties? You can buy Zipties at the hardware store.
The only difference is that the restraint cuffs are designed not to cut human flesh (much). Zipties can give you some nasty cuts if you're not careful.

LovelyPigeon said:
Is there the possibility that these photos have been in Noreen's possession since 1982, or earlier?

Well-you said it! I wondered the very same thing. Thanks for throwing it out there!

Peace,

I was browsing through some of the Gunderson report and came across this:

http://www.tedgunderson.com/Investigations/Russell%20Nelson.htm

Noreen Gosch obtained private investigator Dennis Whalen who had solved a missing child case in Carter Lake, Iowa. While investigating the Gosch case, Whalen told Noreen Gosch of a slave auction in Houston, Texas. He asked her, "Would you get $50,000 to buy your son back, if he goes across the auction block?" Noreen Gosch borrowed the funds.
Unfortunately, Whalen informed Noreen Gosch that Johnny was not at the Texas auction. Whalen was discovered as helping Noreen Gosch and was forbidden from attending other auctions.
OK, first, wtf. Second, I wondered what case this Whalen guy had solved.
Found further mention of it...

http://www.mediabypass.com/archives/feb-00.htm

Have you seen me? STILL MISSING!
The story 20/20 wouldn't tell
By: Noreen Gosch

...Private investigator Dennis Whalen was recommended to me because he had solved a case of a missing child in Carter Lake, Iowa. He located Todd Bequette, who had been kidnapped and held for almost two years by a man who repeatedly abused him. After spending many hours investigating and interviewing people, Whalen contacted me and had learned of a slave auction in Houston, Texas. He asked "would you give $50,000. to buy your son back?" I said "yes"; that was all I could borrow. Unfortunately, Johnny was not on this auction. Whalen was discovered and forbidden from attending other auctions.
So I googled Todd Bequette, and all I found was a Bay Area lawyer in his mid 40's. I'm surprised that such a miraculous case -- kidnapped boy found and returned after two years -- would not have any online presence. If anyone here has any recollection of that case, please post here asap. Thank you.[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/font]

Lacyanna said:
Well-you said it! I wondered the very same thing. Thanks for throwing it out there!

Peace,

Sorry, I know its awful and her son is missing, but it was the first thing I thought too....

I would say from the following that Bequette's kidnap was real... not sure about Whalen's involvement.

The Daily Oklahoman - July 19, 1983

Family not told of escape CARTER LAKE, Iowa _ A Carter Lake couple expressed disgust with Oklahoma law enforcement officials for failing to notify them of the prison escape of a man who abducted their son in 1974.Bev and Gerry Bequette said Terry Roy Holman escaped June 11 in Oklahoma City. The Bequettes did not learn of it until Monday, when informed by a reporter in Oklahoma. Fritz Collette, an Oklahoma prison system spokesman, confirmed the escape in a telephone interview, but he gave no other details....
The Daily Oklahoman - March 28, 1983

Parole of Molester Fought (AP) _ A Carter Lake, Iowa, family has gathered 1,500 petition signatures in an effort to keep a convicted sex offender in prison in Oklahoma.But Jerry and Bev Bequette say they have learned that the man accused of kidnapping and molesting their son doesn't have a parole board hearing, as they earlier had been told. Terry Roy Holman, accused in the case, is scheduled for release July 24 from an Oklahoma prison.The family is attempting to convince Oklahoma authorities to...
The Daily Oklahoman - March 5, 1983

Family Angered By Case Dismissal (AP) _ A family is angry that prosecutors have dropped charges against the man who allegedly abducted their son in Omaha and held him for 18 months, molesting him repeatedly.Because of the dismissal, Gerry and Bev Bequette said, a man with a record of sex offenses in three states soon will be on the streets again. The charges against Terry Roy Holman, 37, were dropped without the knowledge of the Bequettes or their son, Todd, 22, who was 13 when the incident started.Holman, currently...
http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives

NOTE: I don't have a membership at the above site so can't supply you with the full stories on each of the above. There is enough information supplied, though, to verify the story and to also turn your stomach (in that the case against the perp was dropped).

emma l said:
Sorry, I know its awful and her son is missing, but it was the first thing I thought too....

I wonder about it, too. It seems unlikely that she would hang on to them so long, and I cannot imagine how she would have obtained them in the first place, but still...all we have is her claim she found the pictures on her doorstep. And she's not proven herself to me to be a reliable source.

When I read new reports about this, a lot of reporters say the photos were left on her door, as opposed to saying Noreen is claiming they were left on her door.

It's a bit like the Karr reporting, when some articles said he "admitted" killing Jonbenet, as opposed to he was claiming he killed her. It's bad journalism. (And the JBR story is another one where the whole pedo ring conspiracy shows up on the fringe.)

I'm a writer, and that kind of stuff makes me nuts.

Does anyone have a link to a site with a timeline of the whole disappearance? Not run by Noreen?

I have never heard of this bequette (sp) case before in Iowa. I don't understand why this Whalen guy asked Johnny's mom if she would pay $50,000 for Johnny at an auction. Why wouldn't he tell LE or police? Why not try to free all the boys in the auctions. And darnnit, now he is banned from attending them. ????????????????

Has anybody heard of these "auctions" ? That is horrible if true. This Whalen guy sounds like he was trying to make some money. Noone should be expected to pay to buy their child back. That is absurd!

Thanks Fourthbase and HeartofTexas for the info.

The reports of an organized child abduction/slave trade, if true, is one of the most disturbing things that I have ever heard. Whalen may have not persued a LE avenue due to reports of complicity by LE and very influential VIP's. This is either the biggest hoax ever perpetrated or the biggest story in the history of our country. I pray its not true, but I reserve judgement until I can find out more. If it is true, then God help us all.

HeartofTexas said:
I would say from the following that Bequette's kidnap was real... not sure about Whalen's involvement.

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives

NOTE: I don't have a membership at the above site so can't supply you with the full stories on each of the above. There is enough information supplied, though, to verify the story and to also turn your stomach (in that the case against the perp was dropped).

There is something wrong here. In Mar, 1983 the family is protesting his release. In Mar. 1983 they have signatures on a petition to prevent his release on parole, yet he is due to get out July 24, yet he escapes June 11? We have to be missing some pieces, why would he escape when he only had less than a month to serve?
I wonder if he was ever recaptured?

Since there are three different threads concerning the newly published photo's (and I don't have the patience to examine all three threads from the beginning), has anyone compared the current photo's to the infamous photo discovered in a parking lot that showed a young boy and a teenaged girl bound and gagged on a bed in a very similar manner? It would be interesting to see if there is any matches such as backgrounds of the photos or if that boy could also be one these boys.

Thanks again, Heart!
So the Bequette kidnapping is real...what a sickening case.
Now onto corroborating Whalen's involvement in locating Bequette...

I think that's going to be difficult, Fourth, due to this case being so old. Wasn't he kidnapped in 1973? The only way to corroborate it is probably via Whalen. It might be interesting to see if Whalen has a website because it sounds like he has some exposure to boys being kidnapped for sexual purposes. If so, he might have some good resources to check out.

I'm with Doogie on this... the more I research this subject, the more real it becomes, and the sicker I become. The idea that politicians and other upper echelon people in our society are interested in using boys for personal pleasure is nauseating.

From what I can tell, Whalen is probably retired... he should be in his 70's by now. And I couldn't find any website for him.

Dr. Doogie said:
Since there are three different threads concerning the newly published photo's (and I don't have the patience to examine all three threads from the beginning), has anyone compared the current photo's to the infamous photo discovered in a parking lot that showed a young boy and a teenaged girl bound and gagged on a bed in a very similar manner? It would be interesting to see if there is any matches such as backgrounds of the photos or if that boy could also be one these boys.
Someone did compare these pictures somewhere on one of the threads and it seems like someone thought that one of the boys looked like the one in the other picture. I think that it was the boy on the left in the picture of the three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha