IA IA - Johnny Gosch, 12, W Des Moines, 5 Sept 1982 - What happened? - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noreen Gosch appeared on "A Closer Look" radio program last night with the latest on the case. Click on the link and scroll down to the July 18th program:

http://www.4acloserlook.com/july2005.html

2nd and 3rd Hour:: Michael interviews Noreen Gosch, author of Why Johnny Can't Come Home. Noreen joins Michael to discuss a curious turn of events concerning a man who volunteered to help Noreen write her book, and now is suing her for all inventory, and all future rights to her story. This move effectively would shut down her foundation, and silence her forever. This interview focuses on the chain of events that have occurred around Noreen, and why someone might be trying to stop her from getting the message out. One allegation that has surfaced in this matter is that news reporter Jeff Gannon is Noreen Gosch's kidnapped son, Johnny. This rumor has persisted. Noreen stated on the program that she is interested in obtaining a DNA sample from Jeff Gannon, but it has not happened. During this program, Jeff Gannon, alleged to be Noreen's son, Johnny, calls in to state that he will take a DNA test to prove that he is not Johnny Gosch.

Does anyone know if there are any updates on this one..

Circumstances of Disappearance
Gosch disappeared while conducting his newspaper route in West Des Moines, Iowa on September 5, 1982. He was tailed by his dachshund, Gretchen. Gosch was seen speaking to a male suspect while working his paper route on 42nd Street and Marcourt Lane. Gretchen returned home without her master. Because of the Gosch case, Iowa passed a law requiring immediate investigations of missing children.
Gosch disappeared from the same vicinity as Eugene Wade Martin did over two years later. Martin also vanished while working his newspaper route; he disappeared from Des Moines, Iowa in October of 1984. It has not been proven that these two cases are related in any way, but it is worth noting the similarities.
Gosch's mother claimed that her son is alive and that he visited her in 1997. She announced her revelations during a 1999 pedophile crime organization trial in Nebraska. Gosch's mother said that he came to her Iowa apartment in March 1997 with an unidentified male friend. She claims that Gosch told her he was abducted by members of a pedophile crime organization and he escaped from the group at an undetermined time. Gosch's mother also said that her son was in fear of repercussions from the group and that was the reason he chose to remain "underground." She stated that she has had no further contact with her son since his 1997 visit and that she remained silent about the event until called as a witness in court because she fears for Gosch's safety.

I have read about some of this. Why isn't this being talked about on mainstream media. I mean if it is true and all this is huge.

FYI, there is a thread in the Cold Case forum which discusses this case.

Let me preface this comment by saying that I hope I am not correct.
Johnny Gosch was kidnapped and murdered in 1982 on the day of his disappearance. In 1997 a young man by the name of James Guckert becomes aware of the fact that he bears an uncanny resemblance to a missing person by the name of Johnny Gosch, all the way down to his birthmark in a very similar location. James and his unknown friend (Paul Bonacci?) decide to try to make a buck out of this somehow. They visit with Noreen Gosch in March 1997 and convince her that James is her son Johnny and, not surprisingly beg her not to disclose to anyone that he is alive. I am convinced he made up the details of the story he told Noreen so that she would believe he was in danger and definately not disclose anything about their visit. I am speculating that after this encounter with Noreen she may have begun to send money to the individual she believed to be her son and to help as any mother would try to do. As the years pass Noreen comes to believe that her son Johnny is living in disguise as Jeff Gannon the reporter who she recognizes as the indivdual who appeared at her door in 1997. Of course now Jeff Ganon the reporter cannot take a DNA test because it will become clear that he is not Johnny Gosch and that he has been taking advantage of Noreen Gosch since 1997 because she believed he was her son when he said he was in 1997.

OMG, I just about fainted when I watched the news. They could have a small break in the Johnny Gosch case. Johnny's mom received pictures in the mail of what appears to be her son bound and gagged. IMHO, it does look like him. The news stated he was wearing sweat pants when taken and he does have these on in the pic.

She also received another pic of two other boys tied up in the same fashion and is asking for help in trying to identify the other boys in the photo.

See http://www.johnnygosch.com/ for photos and details.

It really makes me wonder about the pedophile ring...

I have heard Noreen talk about a brand before, and she indicates it in the picture, however I am unable to see it clearly enough. I wish they could be blown up for a closer look. This case may be becoming hot again after a long hiatus of hearing anything about it. Let's hope this one can be solved. I have follwed it ever since it happened when I was young. It was because of Johnn's case that I didn't get in a car with a stranger one time when being lured for directions from an "innocent" looking man. Scares me still to this day thinking about what could have happened.

Here's hoping for resolution. Whether he's alive anymore or not, this family needs closure.

OH MY LORD...

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- The mother of a boy abducted 24 years ago said she's bewildered by two photographs left at her front door, apparently showing her son and two other children bound and gagged.

The old photos appear to show 12-year-old Johnny Gosch with his mouth gagged and his hands and feet tied. The boy is wearing the same sweatpants Johnny was wearing when he disappeared while delivering newspapers on the morning of September 5, 1982, his mother said.

More at:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/01/missing.boy.photos.ap/index.html

Someone wants to hurt this woman very badly emotionally.

miles_draken said:
I have heard Noreen talk about a brand before, and she indicates it in the picture, however I am unable to see it clearly enough.
Miles,
I also wondered about the brand. What is it from? Was it something he had before he was abducted? Something his captures could have given him?

You are right, this family does need closure. I can't imagine what this family has been through.

Tha site must be super over loaded right now! I cannot get to it!

inquiringmindz said:
OMG, I just about fainted when I watched the news. They could have a small break in the Johnny Gosch case. Johnny's mom received pictures in the mail of what appears to be her son bound and gagged. IMHO, it does look like him. The news stated he was wearing sweat pants when taken and he does have these on in the pic.

She also received another pic of two other boys tied up in the same fashion and is asking for help in trying to identify the other boys in the photo.

See http://www.johnnygosch.com/ for photos and details.

It really makes me wonder about the pedophile ring...
This is terrible, I just tried to order the book online and its like 40$ used!

How horrible for his mother! And the parents of the other two boys, if they can be found. I hope they can get some fingerprints at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties