IA IA - Johnny Gosch, 12, W Des Moines, 5 Sept 1982 - What happened? - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard recently that Iowa is going to receive funding to re-open investigations that go back as far as the 1960's. These "cold cases" will be re-opened soon but I believe they only pertain to unsolved murders. If this is the case, the JG and EM cases and those similar will not be revisted.

Yeah, many 'cold case squads' have been starting up in my area. Also, College kids have been given access to certain cases.

IMO, the same sets of eyes looking over a case for years, or even decades, does no good. Give it to someone new and maybe they will see something new. A fresh approach is what is needed in many of these cases, IMO.

My daughter was assaulted in the park on a Sunday afternoon by a strange woman. The park was full of witnesses and we got the woman's plate number. This was nearly 3 weeks ago. The police have done absolutely nothing. My feeling is, if the police didn't care or want to find the mystery car, the mystery car would remain a mystery.

Sorry about what happened to your Daughter. Glad she's okay and it wasn't worse.

Thats BS that LE hasn't done anything. What are they waiting on? For the car with the tag number you gave them to pull into their parking lot and the woman come in to confess?:rolleyes:

I've followed this case for a longtime but have heard little regarding the mysterious blue car. Can anyone add to this ??

I can't add anything about the blue car.

But if you read my posts, I speak more about Paul Bishop than anything else. And in the 84-85 time frame, he drove a yellow Datson. Course, people change cars all the time.

Sorry about what happened to your Daughter. Glad she's okay and it wasn't worse.

Thats BS that LE hasn't done anything. What are they waiting on? For the car with the tag number you gave them to pull into their parking lot and the woman come in to confess?:rolleyes:

Apparently. I've contacted the Chief of Police to very politely complain that nothing is being done, but he hasn't returned my emails.

I've been told that she's never been in trouble before so there is no picture of her. Driver's license, maybe? I'm a teacher, not a detective, but some things seem pretty obvious to me. They want to create a photo lineup so we can identify her. Well, it's been 3 weeks today. Are they waiting for us to forget? Is it because she's black and we're white and they don't want to stir up trouble? That is what I'm beginning to think...

/end hijack...sorry

Apparently. I've contacted the Chief of Police to very politely complain that nothing is being done, but he hasn't returned my emails.

I've been told that she's never been in trouble before so there is no picture of her. Driver's license, maybe? I'm a teacher, not a detective, but some things seem pretty obvious to me. They want to create a photo lineup so we can identify her. Well, it's been 3 weeks today. Are they waiting for us to forget? Is it because she's black and we're white and they don't want to stir up trouble? That is what I'm beginning to think...

/end hijack...sorry

I wish LE and the media would forget about colors when it comes to cases. Still hasn't happened.:mad:

Just keep on their case. Thats all that you can do. Push to get that line-up done soon.

Yeah, many 'cold case squads' have been starting up in my area. Also, College kids have been given access to certain cases.

IMO, the same sets of eyes looking over a case for years, or even decades, does no good. Give it to someone new and maybe they will see something new. A fresh approach is what is needed in many of these cases, IMO.

I agree 100%

I've followed this case for a longtime but have heard little regarding the mysterious blue car. Can anyone add to this ??

At one point I had a link to a copy of the a flyer that was given out with information about the car in question. I can't find that link now.

Maybe someone knows where we can find a copy of the flyer. It was with scans of the missing person flyer also and pics of the family at a candy bar sale.

I will look around again and see if I can find it.

September 7, 1982
Johnny&

[car description: late model silver Ford Fairmont with a wide black stripe on the body sides]

September 22, 1982
1a40ca0f.jpg

[]

October 01, 1982
d2d6c76b.jpg

[Anyone remember "The Way International"?]

October 04, 1982
c219ebc7.jpg

If you continue to get no satisfaction from the police in investigating what was clearly an assault, consider going to the media.

My daughter was assaulted in the park on a Sunday afternoon by a strange woman. The park was full of witnesses and we got the woman's plate number. This was nearly 3 weeks ago. The police have done absolutely nothing. My feeling is, if the police didn't care or want to find the mystery car, the mystery car would remain a mystery.
:eek::eek: So sorry to read this. I have already read ahead and glad is OK but so sorry you all had to endure it and now to get now help from LE :( I would do as other poster said and go to media..have a composite done. Good luck.

More fodder...

I wonder when Noreen went from being convinced that Johnny was kidnapped by a religious cult to being convinced that he was kidnapped by a group of politically-connected pedophiles? And when she stopped believing the completely trustworthy sources who were feeding the info about the cults and started believing the completely trustworthy sources that were feeding her info about Franklin Conspiracy?

Thanks shadow...do you have any more articles?
I have articles up through 2007 and plan to set up a sort of repository but need one of them dang round tuits.

For those who disagree with my assessment of Ted Gunderson as a nut-job, here is a link to an ad that TG placed in a magazine promoting his services:

http://www.newsmakingnews.com/gumediabig.htm

I was wondering how to stop those black helicopters from bombarding me with ELFs. Thanks, Ted, for coming to the rescue (for a hefty fee, of course).

Hi

May I please ask did some one say Louis Mackerely missing in 1984 could be part of this ring?possibly abducted?

suzanne

Hi

May I please ask did some one say Louis Mackerely missing in 1984 could be part of this ring?possibly abducted?

suzanne

Suzanne4444:

I do not recall a specific reference to Mackerley being a victim of this "ring", but it would not surprise me if the name was mentioned. A lot of names of missing children have been speculated as to being victims of the Franklin Conspiracy. Perhaps others can answer this question more directly.

Here is a link to a reference of Ted Gunderson vouching for the truthfullness of noted psychic fraud Sylvia Browne on an Anderson Cooper / CNN show:

"COOPER: OK, I want to bring in James Randi. James, you've actually called Sylvia Browne a villain.

We spoke to Ted Gunderson, who's a retired senior special agent in charge of the FBI in Los Angeles. He's worked with Sylvia Browne, and he says -- he says he's worked with her quite a bit. And he said this about her. He says, quote, "I've worked with numerous psychics in the past and very few are really on target, but Sylvia Browne is probably one of the most accurate psychics in the country."

Now, that's from a former senior FBI official. Are you saying he's wrong?

JAMES RANDI, PSYCHIC DEBUNKER: I think that perhaps he doesn't know enough about his subjects. I'm not talking about law enforcement now. I'm talking about detective work.

But he has to judge these things much more carefully, I would think, Anderson. He has to look at the total reading, everything that she says about any one fact, and evaluate that. "

For an idea of how accurate Sylvia Browne is, go to youtube and search under her name. You will find a collection of incorrect predictions by her - most famously, when she told the parents of Shawn Hornbeck that he was definitely dead. If she can get this so wrong, what is the difference between her predictions and a guess? More importantly, why is Gunderson vouching for this woman?

Source site: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0701/30/acd.01.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members