IA IA - KLUNDER, Michael J: Violent Sexual Offender, Murderer, and Suspected SK

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What is IK or do you mean MK?

http://thegazette.com/2014/03/05/despite-support-passage-of-iowa-kidnapping-law-getting-difficult/

About the Iowa kidnapping law, hope it gets passed and people do not get out of prison early for "good behavior", I will never understand the concept, they are in there for bad behavior, so why do we reward them for being good when really they don't have much choice but to be good, they can't go anywhere, it's like a joke.

IK = Israel Keyes. My apologies. I guess I read the article in WFC wrong. I thought it passed. Guess I better do some editing.

What is IK or do you mean MK?

http://thegazette.com/2014/03/05/despite-support-passage-of-iowa-kidnapping-law-getting-difficult/

About the Iowa kidnapping law, hope it gets passed and people do not get out of prison early for "good behavior", I will never understand the concept, they are in there for bad behavior, so why do we reward them for being good when really they don't have much choice but to be good, they can't go anywhere, it's like a joke.

<snipped from article>

"Legislation to toughen the penalty for kidnapping a minor has near unanimous support in the Iowa Legislature, but likely will end up in a conference committee because of differences over how the kidnapper should be treated in prison." (who cares how a kidnapper is treated in prison ~ not me)

"Senate File 2201 was approved 50-0 by the Senate and Wednesday cleared the House Judiciary Committee 19-1. However, what Chairman Chip Baltimore, R-Boone, called “one significant policy difference” put him at loggerheads with his counterpart, Sen. Rob Hogg, D-Cedar Rapids." (coincidence ~ Jim Hogg of Texas ~Texas Attorney General and later Govenor. Had daughter, Ima Hogg ~ totally unrelated ~ my apologies).

"The bill stems from a high-profile case last year where a man freed from prison abducted two girls and killed one of them – 15-year-old Kathynn Shepard of Dayton — before hanging himself. Lawmakers are moving towards reclassifying kidnapping of a child by a stranger from a Class C felony to a Class B felony punishable by a sentence of up to 25 years in prison. Likewise, any subsequent kidnapping conviction would be an automatic Class B felony also subject to the mandatory minimum sentencing provisions." (why not a Class A felony??)

Read more: http://thegazette.com/2014/03/05/de...dnapping-law-getting-difficult/#ixzz2xgpzKMlL

However, Hogg argued that earned time credit is a valuable correctional tool. Eliminating earned time credit, even for a few prisoners, &#8220;reduces the public safety aspect of the prison.&#8221;

If Baltimore wants the kidnapper to stay in prison longer he should propose even longer sentences, Hogg said.

Read more: http://thegazette.com/2014/03/05/de...dnapping-law-getting-difficult/#ixzz2xgtOiFew

Well, I would just have to argue with that statement in general and say BS! Where's the proof? I see just the opposite. Earned time credit just allows the bad guys out sooner than later.

:bump: He's still on my radar for Lyric and Lizzy's abductions and murders. Just because Smock says he's cleared doesn't make it so...

:bump: He's still on my radar for Lyric and Lizzy's abductions and murders. Just because Smock says he's cleared doesn't make it so...

I agree, Bootsctr. There are too many indicators that point to MJK being responsible for L & L's abductions and murders.. JMO, but I have very little confidence in the competence of L & L's investigation, including but not limited to, the ignoring of 7Bridges park in the initial search and the FBI agent's statement one week after their disappearance that they were still alive..

Police say missing Iowa girls are still alive as FBI probe 'abduction' beyond state lines

Investigators say they believe two Iowa cousins aged eight and 10 who vanished last week are still alive.
FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said on Saturday that authorities strongly believe Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, and Elizabeth Collins, 8, have not been killed since disappearing in Evansdale, Iowa on July 13.
She refused to say what led authorities to that conclusion, but told reporters that investigators are expanding their search beyond Iowa.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...abduction-past-state-lines.html#ixzz3qTHlIGEe
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

https://iowacoldcases.org/case-summaries/lyric-cook-and-elizabeth-collins/
Evansdale Chief of Police Kent Smock updates the media on the status of the Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook case during a press conference at the Evansdale City Hall on Tuesday, Feb. 3, 2015. Full story at The Gazette

Tuesday, Feb. 3, 2015 &#8212; In a press conference held at the Evansdale City Hall on Tuesday, Feb. 3, 2015, Evansdale Chief of Police Kent Smock said authorities are now focusing their efforts on anyone who might be familiar with the remote Bremer County woodland where the bodies of slain cousins Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook were found in December 2012.

Smock made a plea to the public to identify anyone they believe is familiar with the Seven Bridges Wildlife Area.

&#8220;I think you will all agree with me that Seven Bridges is extremely remote,&#8221; Smock said. &#8220;We have no doubt that the person or persons responsible with this crime are very familiar with Seven Bridges.&#8221;

Investigators traveled to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in Virginia last week to discuss the case, and Smock said federal authorities were impressed with the investigators&#8217; efforts thus far. They were also in agreement that Seven Bridges Wildlife Area represented an important part of the case.

Smock said they want to speak with anyone who is familiar with the wildlife area &#8212; which was formerly a Bremer County park and a popular gathering place &#8212; in order to eliminate them as suspects. Read The Gazette&#8217;s full story.

I believe Seven Bridges was on the radar very early for some locals. I know I read comments at least as early as July 23rd as a place to search. The place has a long history for locals, including another body being dumped in the area a few years prior to L&L. I do agree with Smock and the federal investigators believing someone with extensive knowledge of Seven Bridges is an important piece to solving this puzzle. A local did visit Seven Bridges and reported that game cameras had been put in the area, so I would like to assume LE is still heavily monitoring Seven Bridges.

I do believe Klunder might have picked up tips while in prison such as putting your cell phone in airplane mode to avoid being pinged. I heard about this information in the murder of Christian Aguilar by Pedro Bravo. They did retrieve a lot of information from this killer's phone though - including he used the flashlight 9 times the night he murdered Christian. He also asked Siri where to hide a body...

"Detective Matt Goeckel from Gainesville Police Department said on 20 September 2012, Bravo told Apple's digital assistant Siri: 'I need to hide my roommate'.

In response to this, Siri said: 'What kind of place are you looking for? Swamps. Reservoirs. Metal foundries. Dumps.'

Evidence collected from Bravo's iPhone also includes records of him using the phone's flashlight function nine times from 11.31pm to 12.01am on the day that Bravo disappeared.

Police have said Bravo was using the phone's flashlight function to hide the body in the woods.

They also say that location data gathered from the smartphone does not fit with Bravo's account of his movements that evening.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dent-accused-murder-asked-Siri-hide-body.html

My God has the world gone mad?? Ready to dump my iPhone in the Mermentau Bayou. Jeez Louise I’m glad they caught him but damn calling Siri to get help?? WTHH??

Unrelated cased:

A friend of mine from high school has a relative, I think his son, who ran away from a facility in Waverly, IA in early June.

This reminded me of Klunder. Does anyone remember the name of the facility he was at?

Unrelated cased:

A friend of mine from high school has a relative, I think his son, who ran away from a facility in Waverly, IA in early June.

This reminded me of Klunder. Does anyone remember the name of the facility he was at?

Bremwood

He was a very dangerous individual , that wouldve almost certainly killed again, and again were better off with him dead

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back