GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, found deceased, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It would seem more honest if the defense would simply ask, "Have you guys ever seen the TV show 'Big Sky'"? and "Does anything like that happen in Iowa?"

Hey. That stuff doesn't even happen in Montana!

And this entire situation is a three ring circus with a clown car. CBR is the ringmaster, his defense attorneys are the clowns.

It disgusts me to no end that this type of nonsense is validated by a hearing. Perhaps, the judge can slam down his gavel and end the madness.

Hey. That stuff doesn't even happen in Montana!

And this entire situation is a three ring circus with a clown car. CBR is the ringmaster, his defense attorneys are the clowns.

It disgusts me to no end that this type of nonsense is validated by a hearing. Perhaps, the judge can slam down his gavel and end the madness.
I think the judge has been overly generous to the defense simply to reduce the likelihood of any successful appeal. A motion for retrial is certainly not uncommon, especially given that there were witnesses saying someone else was guilty. But what was presented at the hearing was nowhere sufficient to get a new trial. You could tell the judge was getting frustrated at the end.

I have two questions of this defendant and the jailhouse rat.
1. Does CBR speak English?
2. Did they find DNA inside of MT that belonged to CBR?

actually, 3 questions, did these sex traffickers speak Spanish? otherwise, how did they communicate with this defendant?
1). I think that CBR likely speaks English well enough to get by, if not better.

2). MT's body was too decomposed to allow for the retrieval of any assailant DNA.

3). Good question.

Judge Joel Yates' ruling cleared the way for sentencing to proceed Aug. 30 in the trial of Cristhian Bahena Rivera, who was convicted in May of first-degree murder in Tibbetts' death. The former farmhand, who came to the U.S. illegally as a teenager, faces a sentence of life in prison.
Mollie Tibbetts case: Judge denies convicted man's request for new trial

According to a court filing, Bahena Rivera's sentencing hearing is scheduled for Aug. 30 at 1:30 p.m. at the Poweshiek County Courthouse.
Judge denies new trial request for Cristhian Bahena Rivera | weareiowa.com

Possible repeat. If so, I apologize.
https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Rivera-Resist-Mtn-for-New-Trial.pdf

Prosecutors have said they were confident that Bahena Rivera killed Tibbetts and they pointed out that his own account of what happened didn’t align with what the two new witnesses told police.

“We are pleased that the judge upheld the jury’s verdict and we look forward to moving to sentencing,” said Lynn Hicks, a spokesman for the state attorney general.
Judge denies new trial request in Mollie Tibbetts case | KRQE News 13

Judge denies new trial request in Mollie Tibbetts case | Daily Mail Online

"A judge on Monday rejected a convicted man's request for a new trial in the 2018 killing of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts, after defense attorneys tried to link her death to a sex trafficking ring.

Judge Joel Yates' ruling cleared the way for sentencing to proceed on August 30 in the trial of Cristhian Bahena Rivera, 27, who was convicted in May of first-degree murder in Tibbetts' death.

He reportedly stabbed Tibbetts to death in Powesheik County, Iowa, in July 2018. She vanished while out for a jog in her hometown of Brooklyn, Iowa.

He was convicted after surveillance photo captured his Chevy pass by Tibbetts during her final jog.

Bahena Rivera was further implicated in the killing after the student's blood was found in his car - and he later agreed to lead cops to Tibbetts' body in a corn field, around a month after she vanished."

So, the "two ninja home invasion" plan didn't work out.

CBR will continue to make news for decades, with the story of his being "framed", and being set up as the fall guy for this crime. Hopefully, he never gets out of prison.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Datsyuk
Back