Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really sounds like they believe she may be alive and held by someone. I wonder if this is an impression they have gotten from LE or if it is just their own hope. Very sad. I hope they are right and she comes home safely.

In reference to the Casey’s footage, since MT didn’t go to her mom’s for dinner, maybe someone offered to pick up a slice of pizza/snack for her while she was doing homework at the house? The footage wouldn’t show her but maybe a person they are interested in.

Dad said LE not sharing info with family and one reason is that a loved one or family member might be implicated in the crime.

I paraphrase this. We'll get a video later to review. .

Interesting.

I get the vibe the family is feeling a bit left out in regards to LE activity. Are they going to hire their own PI?

I think more than ever that they really don’t know what happened to her. I think the assumption is abduction because nothing points to voluntary but they do not have a suspect or evidence.

Rewards are not helpful as a rule. Especially if this one is set up for safe return only, sorry to say. Jmo

Starting to sound more and more like it was an accident with a cover up. :(.
That has occurred to me too. It's one of my top theories that someone known to her hurt her but not intentionally - and that person panicked.

The other theory is that she is indeed being held somewhere (not an accident). I am swayed by the family's hope she is alive and by the vague statements by LE yesterday.

Hope.

jmo

I was so glad that they kept emphasizing that the tipster's identity will be protected.

The fact that a tipster will remain anonymous could encourage the one person who knows something to come forward. I'm hoping so much that this will be the case.

That has occurred to me too. It's one of my top theories that someone known to her hurt her but not intentionally - and that person panicked.

The other theory is that she is indeed being held somewhere (not an accident). I am swayed by the family's hope she is alive and by the vague statements by LE yesterday.

Hope.

jmo

MOO but sadly I don't think Mollie is alive and being held.

In case anyone missed this, here is the information on tomorrow's news conference: Second news conference scheduled regarding the Mollie Tibbetts search

The Iowa Department of Public Safety has scheduled their second news conference regarding the disappearance of Mollie Tibbetts for Friday, August 3, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. at the Poweshiek County Sheriff’s Office.

Updates will be provided regarding the investigation as well as statistical information on missing person cases in Iowa.

Expected speakers are the Poweshiek County Sheriff Tom Kriegel, DPS Investigative Operations Director Kevin Winker, and Iowa Missing Person Information Clearinghouse Manager Medina Rahmanovic.

The Crimestoppers rewards I've seen in the past were for information leading to a conviction (or felony conviction.) It almost sounded at the beginning of the conference (from both Mom & Crimestoppers Rep) that this could be used as a ransom reward? Is this something Crimestoppers has done before?

ETA - meant "were" - my apologies!

Boyfriend of missing Iowa college student says 'it gets harder day by day'

In this interview (around the 1:40 mark), Dalton says he opened the Snapchat around 10:30pm, and then promptly fell asleep.

I'm not sure what to make of these differing accounts. Why would her cousin know when he opened the Snapchat? This seems like it should be such a minor point, but it's right at that window of time that could prove to be of the utmost importance.

it sounds to me like her cousin has just mixed up info. it would be easy to do. he said he sent her a good morning message so maybe that's where shes got it mixed up. if he said he opened the message around 10:30 I think that's when it would have been. I don't think what anyone else says is relevant.. just more misinformation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member