Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're talking tanker trucks, I have no idea what kind of volume we are talking about. But if LE really thought she was in a pond, they would find a way to recover her. They would call in a haz mat team and have an action plan pretty quickly. In addition, they would likely truck the waste to a site which accepts semi-solid liquids for disposal.

Anyway ... the point is, this is not a mountain LE can't climb!
And hog farms drain their ponds regularly anyway.

Educational post. How often is a hog "basement" drained? It obviously has to, and can be, drained at some point.

Daily/constantly I believe. The waste is transferred to the outdoor pit. Otherwise the buildup of noxious gasses from the manure become toxic to the animals in the barn.

Google anaerobic lagoon for a better picture and understanding of how they work.

Last edited:
I have been following for several day but this is my first post. With so many unknowns there are so many possibilities.

I assume since Fitbit has the ability to track things like heart rate and steps that the info is logged on a server somewhere for a short time even if its not sync'd to a device. I'm curious if LE saw data from one or more of these stats that would leave them to believe MT was alive at least for some time outside of the window that we knew she went missing. Of course once the devices died you would stop seeing this but would explain why they have confirmed gathering Fitbit data but nothing else and also why they have been talking in terms that seem like they have hope MT is alive.
No, unfortunately fitbits do not have WiFi or cellular capabilities. Data is transferred to the phone via Bluetooth, then from the phone to the server over WiFi or cellular.

eta: Fitbit data they have could potentially show them the location where the Fitbit and phone were in close proximity. Could have been faster and more accurate than cell carrier info.

I'm getting the feeling this is the darkish of the quaint small town life. Everyone seems distantly related and thus nobody wants to talk. This is what is happening in the Rhoden family murders, a small town where 7 or 8 members of the same family were murdered on the same night in 3 different locations and two years later there is surprisingly no trail of evidence.

In Brooklyn, we are seeing a lot of the same surnames pop up, the neighbor has the same last name as the girl who is identified as MT's cousin. The sheriff has the same last name as someone who commented on MT's instagram picture when DJ gave her the promise ring that this means they would someday be cousins. The dad's plea about not wanting to say anything because it means someone in your family might be implicated, the mom basically telling the kidnapper all would be well and they could just to take the money and run, the brother saying he is disappointed, all of this suggests to me they know there is a connection to this person and their family.
Sounds like a movie in the making.
Against all odds, still praying for a miracle.

This is exactly what I think happened. That's the only way I can reconcile both her running clothes and the red shirt being gone. I think she made it home but still had her running clothes on. I read somewhere else that the red shirts had been given out to employees that day, so as you said, it was probably close by where she'd left it after bringing it home.
I don't run in a sports bra. My girls are fluffy. I'm sure everybody has their own feeling about that based on their own confidence level and how much they care about what everybody else thinks and should they even be thinking?, but we know they do. If Molly considered herself an athlete, training in the heat, the bra was the most comfortable choice, she probably was just doing her thing and comfortable, not really thinking about it. If I try to imagine that I'd just run in a sports bra, and now I'm home in my own personal space and there is a knock on the door and now I'm going to open it and be in close proximity to someone and I don't know yet who it is- I think that would feel much more personal to me and I'd probably grab a shirt to throw on. But again, everyone is going to have a different feeling about how comfortable they'd be.
* quote shortened by me for length

Maybe she left for the night wearing her clothes from the jog and had packed a bag with her work clothes for the morning.

No, unfortunately fitbits do not have WiFi or cellular capabilities. Data is transferred to the phone via Bluetooth, then from the phone to the server over WiFi or cellular.
Since both are missing and we know LE has data (reported in MSM) I feel they have good information from these devices and will not share it to protect the case and hopefully, Mollie.

If she was wearing the red t-shirt, that suggests that she was taken Thursday morning, not Wednesday evening (after her run). We know she was on her computer late Wednesday night, so she would have already showered and changed at that point. There's some chance she slept in the red t-shirt, but it's far more likely that she put it on the next morning.

Have you ever seen one of the big slurry ponds? I think it would take hundreds of tanker loads to empty it. And I'm just guessing here but I'd imagine that a body tossed into one of these cesspools would degrade to nothing faster than it could be recovered. I'm sure it could be attempted but I'm also sure there is a cost/benefit analysis that would have to bear out first before such an undertaking. It would be interesting to research and see if a body has ever been recovered from a hog slurry pit.

Depending on the temp. of the water. The cooler the water, the longer the body would hold-up. But remember, bone doesn't degrade.

I thoroughly enjoyed your post. Thank you for the education. I have a question -

Mollie is A. Mollie's friend is B. X is mystery third party who connects to B via Quick Add feature or any other way via snapchat.

Could X view things Mollie shared with her friend (B) via Snapchat and Mollie would have no idea X was even able to see anything of hers?

Did that make sense?
Yes, makes perfect sense to me. And unless Mollie had her privacy settings to public (which is not the default and from my experience rare among non-celebrities), Mollie's snapchat stories/ location would be invisible to X. Mollie and X would have to add each other, and any personal things shared between A and B are only between A and B. Only stories are available to all friends, but again, usually to see stories, one must be mutually connected to the other party to see their story. Does that make sense?

Another thing: the Youtuber Gray Hughes pointed out that they wouldn't have sent out all of those officers and cars if the red t-shirt found by the person mowing their field didn't fit the description of Mollie's camp t-shirt. That is, the red t-shirt was almost certainly Molly's --- and that's not a good sign.

Daily/constantly I believe. The waste is transferred to the outdoor pit. Otherwise the buildup of noxious gasses from the manure become toxic to the animals in the barn.
Well now I know more about hog poop than I ever thought I would.
Never know, I might be able to repurpose this knowledge.

I have suggested upthread that the mine where they have lime should be explored; Marietta Martin mine.
Holiday lake too. Those are the two spots that really jump out at me on the aerial map.

In fairness, the insider was waiting to see what they would choose to reveal before saying anything more.
This thread moves SO fast, so it's no surprise to me I missed something. There's an insider? (I still have miles to go before I catch up, assuming I ever will, so my apologies if it's already been addressed)

What bothers me, and I realize it doesnt matter, is that in many cases it is a family member who ends up being the perpetrator. Not allowing discussion of family members would be similar to LE not being allowed to consider immediate members of family either. Everyone is a suspect, regardless if LE has said otherwise.
Completely different. LE doesn't post their assumptions about someone on an internet forum, left to be seen for life, until the person is solidly a POI or suspect. You are also welcome to speculate about anyone you would like to, privately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill