Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe for one moment she just took off. I can't see using that amount of resources for someone who did a runner, especially the intense federal presence. And she doesn't seem at all flaky or impulsive.

I think this case has drawn so much media coverage because things like this just aren't supposed to happen in small town idyllic places like Brooklyn, Iowa. And Mollie could be everyone's BFF, sister, niece, daughter, babysitter, classmate, co-worker. And she's gone. Just. Gone.

Please watch this without sound. By no means am I a body language expert (though I did watch every episode of Lie to Me :) ) but at first he seems defensive, then seems almost smiling when answering questions. Would others make the same assessment?
I really think he was caught off guard, not expecting reporters to be at his home. It looks like he was just off work from a pig farm and didn't know how to respond. That sure as heck would make me uncomfortable! I would have turned them away actually and ordered them off my property. That might not have looked good for him either but I just wouldn't allow myself to be harassed like that.

Any locals know of any searching going on today? What happened to the poster that was becoming a VI?

I wonder when/if the BOLO in Utah was called off. Police in southern Utah ask residents to be on lookout for missing Iowa woman Home - Iron County Sheriff

There are SO many FBI agents there. They have to be close to figuring this all out, right?

I had to leave before the end of the search yesterday, so I don't know if there were any plans for any search(es) to continue today. Since Mr. Winker didn't discuss yesterday's search in the PC today, I don't have anything else to say about it--other than I do trust that LE has a plan and I believe they know more than they've said, but that they have a good reason for not releasing those details at this time...

The prophecy that was to be revealed in today’s presser did not come to pass. So much for our “insider” information.
I don't believe that discounts the insider information. I just think it reinforces that they are not revealing information to the public. Hopefully because they don't need to and they are on their way to solving it. MOO.

Just thoughts about it being a person who is known

in the McStay case
Summer McStay's glasses were left out on the counter
the dogs were placed in the yard
there was nothing obvious in the house
it looked like they just up and left.

come to find a million light years later that the entire family was murdered in the house.

by someone they knew, who cleaned up the scene and staged it.
someone who may have tried to create distractions and red herrings by driving their missing vehicle or a similar one in the area where their bodies were found etc.

also as others have mentioned, what would be the purpose of moving her alive to another location..seems so risky..unless to keep her alive for awhile...the cops being everywhere may not be helping her if this is the case.

psychos like to taunt and torment. could this area where the alleged shirt was found have been already searched?

could this have been a blatant taunt and the FBI is refusing to play?

questions and more questions. MOO

FWIW Dylan Redwine's remains were not scattered by animals. I expect the evidence at this fall's trial to prove that. Still, a number of takeaways from Dylan's case are informing how I look at this one.
(Ugggggggghhhhhhh.... surely he didn’t...:( please no....ughhhhhhh)
(O/t I mean I remember MR’s comments that his son is probably out there in a million pieces (am I imagining this sigh etc, I’ll see you over at that thread sometime k? Link in progress please don’t tell me tool marks...)

I am still 2 pages from finishing the last thread but wanted to respond to this IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11 @DocBrew

It is the opposite (unless there is an article/interview where Dalton states he opened the snap the next day). MC (cousin) says in this interview that Dalton opened the snap the next day: Missing Mom Bellamy Gamboa, Hear Desperate 911 Call; Where Is Mollie Tibbetts? - Crime Stories With Nancy Grace (podcast)

Dalton says he opened the snap around 10PM: Boyfriend of missing college student not a suspect

Around 10 p.m. last Wednesday, Jack opened a SnapChat message from his girlfriend. He said when he opened it, he expected to talk to her again soon.

"It was just a selfie with a caption, and I don't remember what the caption said," he said. "It looked like she was inside."

It's unclear what time Tibbetts sent the message, but Jack told ABC News that it would have been part of her routine to go running a few hours before the time he opened it.

Just thoughts about it being a person who is known

in the McStay case
Summer McStay's glasses were left out on the counter
the dogs were placed in the yard
there was nothing obvious in the house
it looked like they just up and left.

come to find a million light years later that the entire family was murdered in the house.

by someone they knew, who cleaned up the scene and staged it.
someone who may have tried to create distractions and red herrings by driving their missing vehicle or a similar one in the area where their bodies were found etc.

also as others have mentioned, what would be the purpose of moving her alive to another location..seems so risky..unless to keep her alive for awhile...the cops being everywhere may not be helping her if this is the case.

psychos like to taunt and torment. could this area where the alleged shirt was found have been already searched?

could this have been a blatant taunt and the FBI is refusing to play?

questions and more questions. MOO

Ugh, this gave me chills, and you're right. Sickos get a high off seeing their crimes reported. So, you might be onto something - the FBI is refusing to give someone their high in hopes of having them break?

Since this discussion is essentially 500 pages of random speculation, I'm not going to add my own theory on what is happening/has happened. But I will say that, for those folks here who feel like LE isn't giving any information, read between the lines and listen to what they ARE saying as well as what is NOT being said. This should paint a fairly clear picture of what is going on in this investigation.

How many times has an investigator said something to the effect of, "WHY is Mollie Missing?" (a very unique question) "Getting to know Mollie", "Find Mollie", "Let Mollie go", "Bring Mollie home" ect. This may not seem like much but to me it is much more telling that releasing what time they think she went missing, who she communicated with on SM or whether they found a red shirt.

Websleuthing isn't going to solve this case but I believe the investigators will. And soon.

Last edited:
Suggested scenario. Someone knew Mollie was there alone and that she normally walked to her Mom’s house to get the car early. Since it was supposedly pouring rain, this person sees an opportunity to knock on the door or call out to see if she needed a ride, either to work or to Mom’s. She wasn’t quite ready yet so accepted and let the person in, saying she just needed to lock up dogs and put in contacts. Person offers to put dogs in basement and then takes Mollie. Or it was an advance gone wrong. She’s wearing red shirt, has her phone in a pocket but no contacts yet. Glasses were off in order to put the contacts in. Trouble is I have no clue who the person could be. Did she have any other guy friends who perhaps were more interested in her than she realized? Early morning and raining so all could have gone unnoticed. Not a random stranger in this case. All my own opinion and trying to make sense of the pieces of info we (maybe) have.

Just a thought. I wonder if they are monitoring POI’s internet browsing. By putting nothing out to the public, it may force the perp to seek out sleuthing information/ news articles to see what may really be leaking or what is known. Maybe seek out thought processes of others in the absence of being able to grasp an idea of LE thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lizakind